The Soul Swap Macro Bug Fix That Your Looking For!

Many have had problems with the soul swap macro, much being, that it couldn't exhale upon focus or mouseover targets. Well have no fear fellow warlocks, the fix is simple. Although there is a few fixes around reported to have worked, still few say that they don't...

So credit goes to "Streygo" who posted this up on AJ yesterday, probably without realising how much he had just helped the warlock community!

Yesterday, 03:35 PM
    Very simple.

You can't have the actual spell from your spellbook anywhere on your bars ONLY MACROS. Done

Also i havent tested yet but you may not be able to have #showtooltip in the macro either, i think the problem comes from when the icon changes after casting the inhale

Also theres no "exhale" used in any macros
    Also note, if you have any action bar addons installed, be sure to check that you still have soul swap of the hidden bars that you've disabled. - I had to enable every bar until I found out that my no. 10 bar had soul swap magically hidden on it -_-

This is the macro I tested shortly after that was successful but have yet to try others such as mouseover.

#showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast [nomod] Soul Swap
    /cast [mod:shift, @focus][] Soul Swap

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had the problem when making a similar type of macro for my soul swap some time ago, even though I did not have soul swap on any of my bars.

Did some research and found a post that was on these forums a month ago or so. Some guy figured out that you need to unglyph soul swap, cast it once (so that your character 'learns' the exhale portion of the spell) and then reglyph the ability again after that to make the macro work. That fix works for me.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Quote Originally Posted by Lillah View Post
    I had the problem when making a similar type of macro for my soul swap some time ago, even though I did not have soul swap on any of my bars.

Did some research and found a post that was on these forums a month ago or so. Some guy figured out that you need to unglyph soul swap, cast it once (so that your character 'learns' the exhale portion of the spell) and then reglyph the ability again after that to make the macro work. That fix works for me.
    Yeah I tried this so many times and never seemed to work for me. I also found that several other people tried this solution and failed; hopefully this works for them.

worked for me ty !