Soo, fiance just dinged 78.

All my toons were level 80 when I started, and I haven't leveled a fresh alt yet, but what is the minimum level for cataclysm content? I assumed it was 2 levels under cap like the other expansions, and on the cataclysm EU site, Hyjal is advertised as the "all-new level 78-82 zone will feature..."

Question being, what level does she actually have to be to start in Hyjal or Vashj'ir?

While they could travel to these zones at 78.. there are no quests available until 80 this time.

They have to be level 80.

Deleted
    For the cataclysm zones you have to be level 80.
    When they started creating the new zones they were 78, but they later tuned it up to 80.

Deleted
    You have to be level 80 to obtain the quests inself, but ofcourse, the zone is "open to the public" if you know what I mean

I think you can run Blackrock Caverns though, which includes some sick xp, not sure about this though.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    level 80 :/

she has to ding 2 more times.

Ah, that's lame. We were both excited, was going to break out another alt to level with her.

Alright, thanks guys.

They lowered the amount of exp needed for 71-80, so it shouldn't be that much of a headache getting 2 more lvls. I personally quested in Zul'Drak while queueing for dungeons, and got from 71-80 in about 3 days or so, playing casually. Keep on truckin

The requirement is 80, but my fresh holy pally dinged 80 right on cata release so I was still in wrath blues/greens. It may have just been from me leveling as shockadin but hitting new content in that sort of gear as that spec was a bit rough. So you may want to help her get started and just let her know that it will be rough starting out ( depending what you are playing i suppose ).

Yeah, like others have said, need lvl 80. However, with the 20% exp reduction for 70-80, you should be able to get 78-80 in like 2 hours in Icecrown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like they have all said, quests unlock at level 80