Thread: Staff situation

Staff situation

This is my current situation.

Have a Chelleys Staff. Have an Emberstone Staff.

Hit capped. Decent crit. Torn between which to use.

If I use chelley's staff i would turn the spirit (91) into Crit and only lose ~half the crit i had on emberstone (.40%). However I would gain 220 or so raw Spellpower on top of about 50 intellect.

From what Ive read the intellect would outweigh the crit by a bit. And our mastery isnt too bad either. So what do you all think?

how did u ever get it lol, pure healer staff

Friend. And In my current situation, I want to know if its an upgrade for my current weapon, and what other people think on the matter. Not that its "lolhealer."

Deleted
    How is it "pure healer staff" when all hybrids use spirit to get hit?
    Also 270 overall sp is alot, go for it imo.

Its an upgrade due to spellpower and int. However, I reckon you'd do better by sticking it on the AH.

Sell it on AH. Get a MH+OH, boom.

All of you imply i need gold. Its funny :P

Deleted
    who doesnt need more gold? you can never have too much

I didnt say I had too much. Only that the staff wont make or break me. Im more worried about the stats. Not the monetary value.

if gold is not an issue... then i'd recommend buying Maldo's Sword Cane ---wowhead.com/item=65013--- and get the blue offhand ... you'd be better off with that

it's a healer staff....end of story. nothing to argue. sell the piece of junk and get a MH+OH with your abundant amount of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    I didnt say I had too much. Only that the staff wont make or break me. Im more worried about the stats. Not the monetary value.
    Well you could sell the staff and buy Maldo's Sword Cane instead and couple it with Hermit's Lamp
    Last edited by BurningStick; 2011-01-25 at 08:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Agree with BurningStick. You definitely should get a Maldo's for the gold you get for the staff. And Maldo's is extremely good for mage (2nd best in Slot if I remember right, after the weapon from 2nd boss of BoT). Don't equip the staff! It is such a waste, even with reforging! If nobody sells a Maldo's get another item progressing your gear with the gold, even if it is not a weapon.

And if you're truly so desperate at getting a quick weapon upgrade, step into Arenas and get the welfare 359 caster MH. It only takes few wins. But as people above said: sell the healer staff, buy something useful with the gold (Maldo's Sword Cane or Signet of High Arcanist Savor come to mind).

Commenting on your int winning slightly over crit, you can use following VERY rough and inaccurate values to pick your stats: int = 6, hit/crit = 3, haste/mastery = 2. Lot more accurate values are available from multiple sources, but these are nice even numbers, easy to count.

Like everyone is saying, sell that ish and grab a maldo's dude.