Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phyrix View Post
    I actually think most druids would be happy if they removed the damage from Entangling Roots alltogether, making it a reliable CC. I don't have a lvl 85 druid or anything, but the damage roots does isn't very high to begin with I think.
    The problem with that would be that people would not only leave combat while still rooted, but have the option to drink, stealth, etc. I don't think you have those options under the effects of any other types of CC.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    Here's what you need to do:
    1. roll a warrior or DK
    2. gear up for heroics
    3. enter a pug heroic
    4. offer to hamstring or chains of ice mobs for "cc"
    5. count the number of people that laugh at you/vote kick immediately
    6. post back here with that number if you can still show your face.
    I play a DK. Yes, we have no CC. We would be effing dumb to offer chains as a cc What I DO offer to provide, only if the tank wants, is grip, which can (and does) vastly ease pulls involving casters. Tank pulls, drags mobs in one direction, has me grip in the loose caster. We also trade the ability to CC for 3-4 chainable interrupts on any given pull (MF, Strang, Gnaw, MF again,) meaning casters should be no problem.

Otherwise, tanks accept that I'm just going to sit there and pewpew things down REALLY hard, which isn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldpaw View Post
    The problem with that would be that people would not only leave combat while still rooted, but have the option to drink, stealth, etc. I don't think you have those options under the effects of any other types of CC.
    What are you talking about? Night Elf Druids? If anyone in your group is still fighting those mobs, Shadowmeld won't take you out of combat until either they or the mobs die. And if you're just out soloing stuff, if you Shadowmeld the mob does what any other leashed mob would do and evades back to its spawn point. So I'm not really understanding this issue you think there'd be?
    Unless you think casting Roots doesn't put you in combat? Which is just blatantly false.

warrior spell

spear! throws a giant spear at the target impaling them untill the spear is removed or xx sec have passed
    spear will break when tomuch dmg is done to target or when a friendly person clicks the spear aka same as first boss in black temple
    30sec CD lasts 1.5min

DK spell

you freeze the target encasing it in ice for xx seconds any dmg will release the target. 30sec cd lasts 1.5min

now lets see the rage when these are implemended next patch and ppl start whining about dk's and warriors beeing able to slow / stun / CC them to much.

your kind regards a hunter....
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Deleted
    Warrior and DK both don't have valid forms of CC, Druids only do on casters if they both root and use that moonkin silence that hurts my eyes, even then it is extremely limited.

I have done a few heroics with guildies after raids where the group will be: Prot pala(me), holy pala, moonkin, unholy deathknight and frost deathknight. It would be awful in entry level gear but fortunately we are all in mostly epics.

Also roots and trap are the only CC to get broken by shield for some reason It always hits roots and is 50/50 on traps.

Not trying to slate pvp(too much) but that is the reason why not all classes have adequate crowd control, a slow or very short stun does NOT count.

---------- Post added 2011-01-26 at 02:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Goldpaw View Post
    Sorry to say but this again points to why classes have inadequate CC in PVE -> PVP

Deleted
    priests can only cc undead, if anyone starts saying "oh but you can mc lol" i will hurt a puppy. Also we have no interrupts, unless some dude specs into silence. Oh wait, we can fear every 30 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ptz View Post
    priests can only cc undead, if anyone starts saying "oh but you can mc lol" i will hurt a puppy. Also we have no interrupts, unless some dude specs into silence. Oh wait, we can fear every 30 seconds.
    MC is a valid CC. Our Spriest begrudgingly uses it when we have nothing better and a couple of casters in the trash.

CC is about removing, or nullifiying a threat.
    Kiting a melee so it is not hitting anything qualifies for that just as much as the traditional CC.
    Roots stop a melee from hitting something, so anything which achieves the same effect is imo just as valid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Kiting a melee so it is not hitting anything qualifies for that just as much as the traditional CC.
    Roots stop a melee from hitting something, so anything which achieves the same effect is imo just as valid.
    No because the priority for CC are more often than not casters or healers, both of which can do their thing unless incapacitated.

Quote Originally Posted by 0smo View Post
    Funny,
    i always thought that cc ment : CROW CONTROL
    Exactly! Do you know how few crows there are in WoW? What good is an ability that only affects a few critters, and Druids in flight form?!?!?!

/rant

Deleted
    Frost Dk CC anyone?

Just bring a hunter and CC won't be needed. Very funny to OT on with your turtle, trap 1, fear a beast, wyvsting one, trap another and shatter shot yet another while kiting the last one hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by thrawn33 View Post
    Ok so I am new to posting here and didn't want to wade through 6k+ threads to get and answer to this question, why is it that as a warrior everyone loves it when i tank heroics, am constantly hounded by groups in order to get a quicker que time, but when I want to kick back and dps a dungeon I am kicked simply for not having cc? Now I know what you may be thinking, "L2 single target noob!" and "Stop breaking cc and you won't get kicked" and I assure you these are not the issues. I understand my class and spec enough to know when my abilities are going to hit multiple adds/mobs. I know that we have a fear (the cooldown is outrageous), but not giving warriors a solid cc is like not giving a tank the ability to taunt (how much would that suck right?). Anyone have any idea as to why warriors and dk's are the only two classes without a solid cc? (i'm talking sheep, repentance, hex, fear spam, MC, sap, ice trap, cyclone, frost ring type of cc's not "hey i feared this mob and it wore off, now wtf do i do?" type of cc). insight into this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Glyph "Intimidating Shout" and your problem is solved...

And am I the only DK that spams my CoI and Hungering Cold while in Frost spec.? I would sure hope as hell I'm not...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchos View Post
    Just bring a hunter and CC won't be needed. Very funny to OT on with your turtle, trap 1, fear a beast, wyvsting one, trap another and shatter shot yet another while kiting the last one hehe.
    One, maybe two out of 1000 hunters are skilled enough for that. The rest is autoshot-afk while standing in the fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya know what I think is really messed up about this whole thing?
    They went out of their way to change buffs and make classes more"homogonized", yet crowd control was left as is.

I really do think every class should have a form of crowd control. I really do.
    I think changing the buffs the way they did is way worse then homogonizing crowd control.

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 09:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    This is TOTALLY WRONG.

Are you blind? When a mage sheeps, a shaman hexs, or a hunter traps... do you notice they can still follow the kill order and contribute to it?
    But when a warrior kites a melee (lol dumb) he cant do anything but run around.

IN WHAT WORLD IS THAT EQUAL, IN WHAT WORLD IS THAT FAIR?
    no world sir, no world at all.
    l2p kthx

None of the hybrid classes have proper CC. The hybrids are priest, druid, shaman, death knight, paladin, and warrior. Priest has fear, but only for 8 seconds. Druid has roots but that can't CC casters or ranged. Solar Beam is only 10 seconds. Shaman only has Hex but it's on a 45 second. Death Knight has Hungering Cold but that's 10 seconds and Chains of Ice is useless. Paladin only has a 5sec stun and Warrior has a 8 second fear.

DPS classes are mage, warlock, rogue and hunter. Mage has polymorph, warlock has fear, rogue has Sap and hunter has traps. Thus proving that only pure DPS classes have CC. It's fair only because these classes can't heal or tank at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebernard View Post
    None of the hybrid classes have proper CC. The hybrids are priest, druid, shaman, death knight, paladin, and warrior. Priest has fear, but only for 8 seconds. Druid has roots but that can't CC casters or ranged. Solar Beam is only 10 seconds. Shaman only has Hex but it's on a 45 second. Death Knight has Hungering Cold but that's 10 seconds and Chains of Ice is useless. Paladin only has a 5sec stun and Warrior has a 8 second fear.

DPS classes are mage, warlock, rogue and hunter. Mage has polymorph, warlock has fear, rogue has Sap and hunter has traps. Thus proving that only pure DPS classes have CC. It's fair only because these classes can't heal or tank at all.
    Shamans also have Bind Elemental. Priests have Shackle Undead. They are for specific types of mobs, but they do actually exist. Seeing as there are quite some elementals around in Cataclysm, I'd say shamans have a valid CC, just like priests had while raiding Karazhan and other undead-filled dungeons (Not counting WotLK of course).

Edit: Forgot about the druids' Hibernate which is also only useful against beasts and dragonkin. It might not last long, but it's still there. Every bit of CC helps and up until now, I haven't had any problems while being in a group with 2 or 3 warriors/death knights. There are specific encounters though, like Beauty for instance, that do need some CC or a heavily amplified imagination on how overcome it without the needed CC. How you deal with it at that point is the challenge: Do you quit? Or do you man up and take it every way possible?
    Last edited by Sub-Zerø; 2011-01-26 at 04:49 AM.

Insight on lack of warrior CC resulting in group kicks...

Normally I would blame it on the group having a bad mentality regarding the running of the dungeon, but in the wake of the recent push to make CC all the more important in dungeons that holds far less water than it used to.

I am not a hardcore serious player, but I've liked the notion that not every class can do everything. I have never felt bad that a warrior cannot crowd control, because there were others that could. Over the years those gaps have been closing more and more, as the objective has shifted to 'bring the player, not the class'. In that mindset, I would not aggressively object to CC for warriors, although I'd like to still pretend they cared about the game enough to make a marginally explainable reason for it to work (for instance, Sap is knocking the person out, Repentence sets a target into mental contemplation. What would a warrior's CC be?)

In an ideal world, I'd just want warriors to stay without one. A group formed from the same guild/server could make sure to select enough CC other than the warrior. LFD tool is probably too dumb to be picky enough to select based on CC ability though, and the waits are long enough as it is, but I guess that's a price I'd be okay with paying.

So in summary - personally, I am okay with warriors having to ride the pine for not having CC. But I understand with the new dungeon mentality, especially heroics, that will happen more often than not, and that could be frustrating. As a result I would not object to warrior CC added, given that it can be explained reasonably enough.

My vote: "Smack a Bitch - The warrior puts their current target in their place with by backhanding them. The target then assumes a fetal position and cries inconsolably for one minute, asking what ever happened to "us" and blathering about how they just want you to love them or how they should have gone on to get an education rather than feel useless."
    Freakin' infraction points...how do they work?!

glyph for the intimidating shout glyph that makes it so they don't run around, theres your CC

Quote Originally Posted by thrawn33 View Post
    insight into this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

You might want to try http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/ for actual insight rather than supposition and hypotheses.