Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    "your thoughts die."
    Where in the bible did you find that? i'm not attacking you just honestly curious. It makes little to no sense a good, loving, holy, God, creating a horrible torturous place like hell. So if you can show me where you found that quote i'd much rather believe in dust to dust.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenswarm View Post
    It makes little to no sense a good, loving, holy, God, creating a horrible torturous place like hell.
    The actual word "hell" is not used in the Original Bible in Hebrew. It was the word "Gehenna," which is basically a dump outside of Jerusalem. I also don't think it's a place actually created by God, but more so of a place without the existence of God.

God created love, warmth, touch, family, pleasure, intimacy, trust, and anything that is good on Earth. Hell, which may be an actual place.. or not (the Bible isn't clear), it is a place without the PRESENCE of God.

So when God is taken out of the equation... what is left? I mean... God is love so.. there's unbearable pain, which can't kill you.. unbearable loneliness... unbearable stench... unbearable coldness... no light... no warmth.. nothing...

Hell is the absence of God's presence and this is something you choose to accept or not. Don't ever think that God is some irrational angry man who throws people into hell if you don't accept him. If I create a house, and you are a homeless man and I invite you, you need to obey my rules. This means stop doing drugs lolol. However, if you choose drugs over my invitation... it is your fault you have no shelter when the night comes. The night is Hell in this story, and my house is heaven. Guess what the drugs are? Therefore, you cannot go around telling others saying that I am some angry man who only pretends to love others and not provide shelter in the night... because YOU REJECTED it. God created you... why would he want to that to you.

Ever hear the phrase from your parents when they rebuke you, "It hurts me more than it hurts you." Trust me, this applies with your relationship with God.

Hope this helped.

10+ Year Old Account
    What happens when you die?

You stop posting threads and playing video games.

Edit:
    Oh, this is about AFTER you die.

Your body decomposes and your brain ceases to function.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by djspinner View Post

and nobody ever will until they die themselves.
    Plenty of books out there where a patient dies in the hospital and the doctor panics brings them back with a Defibrillator. It's always one of the two stories. They usually always start with I was looking at my dead body.... then I saw.. A) Light or B) Darkness. What do you think those two represent?

Some of them see and talk to figures and some don't.
    Call it a dream or call it a vision whatever you want. Some say they went to heaven and some say they went to hell and changed their lives around. You pick. =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Guess it will be the same as anestesia. You just stop perceiving everything. There are no dreams and no waking moment.
    You just rest for eternity to come.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dhL17 View Post
    Plenty of books out there where a patient dies in the hospital and the doctor panics brings them back with a Defibrillator. It's always one of the two stories. They usually always start with I was looking at my dead body.... then I saw.. A) Light or B) Darkness. What do you think those two represent?

Some of them see and talk to figures and some don't.
    Call it a dream or call it a vision whatever you want. Some say they went to heaven and some say they went to hell and changed their lives around. You pick. =)
    And I gotta believe that because?... Just saying, but if I'm told since I'm 2 that when I die I'll see cute bears the last thing I'll imagine is light or darkness.

OT: When I die, I die. Just like when you faint, dust to dust.
    I won the game and all I got was this lousy signature.

Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    And I gotta believe that because?... Just saying, but if I'm told since I'm 2 that when I die I'll see cute bears the last thing I'll imagine is light or darkness.

OT: When I die, I die. Just like when you faint, dust to dust.
    Who said you had to believe it? lol. That's your choice. If someone told me they had an experience... I don't respond saying... WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE IT? lol

I wanna see how they experience has changed or effected them. Obviously to them... it is VERY real and personal. You can doubt all you want haha.

Also... when did I ever claim it as the truth? Because... I don't even know if its the truth. But I will keep it in mind. The moment I start to pass judgement, that is the moment I stop seeing the truth objectively. Obviously being completely unbiased is not possible, however, I try my best.
    Last edited by dhL17; 2011-01-28 at 06:16 AM.

No one can tell you this because no one knows, you will have religious people tell you their beliefs and non religious people tell you their views. Nobody can tell you for sure, so I suppose you will just have to wait and find out.

You rot in the ground and worms use your rotten corpse as a shelter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Leave the religious debate out, please; last warning.

Another suggestion: Not something I personally believe in, but a thought provoking thought experiment:

Try to imagine, that absolutely everything (absolutely everything that makes 'you', the world, universe, spatial laws, etc) was created either by a god - or just 'appeared' - yesterday (our experiences tell us this is impossible, but our experiences in this thought-experiment are all just created).

Hard to imagine, but very hard to disprove.

The question then is: how can we rely on ANY evidence, theological or scientific, when it was all just created in its current state?
    It would mean that, even with the 'one true answer' there would be absolutely no way to prove it over any other hypothesis.

--
    Also on a side note, I figure its worth noting something to educate a lot of people here. In science, what most people call a 'theory' is actually a hypothesis. A scientific Theory is something that has been proven (usually mathematically), such as the Theory of Gravity. Thus when people mention the "theory of evolution" they are not stating an idea, they are stating a fact. end of. So please do not attempt to backup your idea of this topic with 'evidence' or supposition that evolution is false.

My thought experiment above notwithstanding of course =P
    Last edited by Chronok; 2011-01-28 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity
    Grizx Khorin Junhi Shatal Xynh Epysia

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    I'm not sure why anyone ever thought WoW was a hardcore raiding game. It hasn't been from the beginning. It had some timesinks, but that was hardly hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by dhL17 View Post
    Hope this helped.
    it did, thank you very much for clearing that up.. Haha its funny because i spent a lot of time thinking about that myself and it always confused me... -_^ As iron sharpens iron,
    so one man sharpens another. Thank you very much

Deleted

I's funny (about after life)

That so many people think theres nothing after life. Thats like saying a marble in the world spinning around isn't real because it doesnt sound right. Comming from a skeptics PoV i never really gave it another chance, thing is that when i tried meditation i saw there was much more to life than us spinning around on a green and blue planet in a part of darkeness we call space. From my experience there isn't a god but if you want to know a god look at balance, it defines everything in this world. Not saying Jesus is god or whatever but its proven science that near death experience is real and we are here for a reason.

Deleted
    The thinking of a life after this one is depending of the definition of the "you". Just because I personally am a very individual-caring person so therefor some kind of heaven or any other afterlife wouldn't be the same as "ME" living on because the "ME" in this state would be gone forever with all its failures and characteristics. If the Afterlife would be anything like the thread-opener said, an alternative me living on in another dimension it wouldn't be an afterlive at all because it would be a complete other person than me.
    I personally can't think of any situation where I could admit that this scenario of afterlive would be really the ongoing of my very own existence. Maybe the closest would be that with no gap my very exact (not meaning "equal" but really the exact same) thinking just lifts off my body and therefor its physical barrier without losing its ability to sense all things (because some kind of all eye all ear etc. state would be in no means an exact ongoing kind of existence).
    That would be kind of the only scenario I could imagine calling "afterlife".
    But if someone doesn't care of his own individuality and just wants to call any kind of "preserving his/her soul" or even just "the preservation of a living being that has the same genes or the same look" an afterlife well then jeah some kind of parallel universe could be a preservation of life in SOME kind (but also not forever )

The many world interpertation of QM or "Paralell Universes" is nothing but a crutch for bad scientists to rest their troubled minds on, there has not been a single experiment to verify its existence so it is just a well dressed idea.

What happens after we die? Obviously we die in the sense that we will no longer be alive and if decay sets on we will just be fragmented and spread into energy / other matter. Though since we existed once so did our wavefunction and no wavefunctions are lost and I believe if science progresses far enough we can one day resurrect anything.

I like to think that death is a technical problem, you don't die from old age, you die from diseases brought on by old age.

Deleted
    Obviously You go to heaven, God is sitting there on his black chair, jesus is left from god, moses is right from god.
    Flying cookie monster is flying above god.
    How do I know al this? Just have little faith..............Faith,..........believe in something without any evidence is good right? RIGHT?

You Spirit Rez or run back to your Body!
    "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." ~William Faulkner
    "Ever look at the word 'Damage'? - It is clearly right in front of you...DA MAGE!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letan View Post
    Obviously You go to heaven, God is sitting there on his black chair, jesus is left from god, moses is right from god.
    Flying cookie monster is flying above god.
    How do I know al this? Just have little faith..............Faith,..........believe in something without any evidence is good right? RIGHT?
    Flying Spaghetti Monster...not cookie.

I believe there is some sort of infinite repeat of one's life. Being born again at the same time, same place and reliving the same events and expiriencing the same circumstances...
    ON HARD MODE
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Death... We talk about it so lightly while it is the end of existence. It is the end of existence as we know it.
    Whenever I think about it this brutal massive feeling of fear takes over me.

I'm an Atheist. It's hard for me to believe that there's anything supernatural, that there is anything after.

Living like this is very hard, but so far anything I heard or read is just unbelieveable.
    Faith is something that I find really stupid.

I hope that till I die I will have more experience or find something that will take me to the truth.