Poll: Major Content patch for 4.2.0. YOU choose!

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What major content patch would you like to see follow 4.1.0 (the Firelands)?

Im going to guess (due to the game files being in the game for a long time) that 4.2.0 will probably be an Emerald Dream patch.

I dont think Blizzard will make an Emerald Dream expansion as there isnt enough Lore left that hasnt already been covered to justify making it into an expansion, however there is enough to turn it into a a major content patch.

The game files are fairly large and still in the game, blizzard will surely make use of them in some way, shape or form, even if it is just in the form of a raid + one or two pre raid dungeons.

Currently we dont really have a great idea of how much the Emerald Nightmare is taking hold of the Dream, or how well Yresa is dealing with the corruption, with speculation that N'Zoth is the one corrupting the dream mounting up this could be where we gain confirmation of his existence only to take him down later.

Im of the opinion (Just guessing though) that Blizzard will throw a spanner into the works and Deathwing may not be the final boss of this expac just as we have seen previously with TBC and Kael'Thas "It was merely a set back" Sunstrider" and Illidan "You are not prepared" Stormrage...

Remember Im talking about a PATCH, dealing with a small sub story that could logically be dealt with in Cataclysm.

Thoughts please
    Last edited by mmoc96f96c6ff8; 2011-01-26 at 02:03 PM.

Could be wrong, but Im pretty sure 4.2 is continuing with the Infinite Dragonflight/CoT story, and we will have War of the Ancients as a raid.
    Which is beyond cool imo

Angry Birds, the Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcangel14 View Post
    Could be wrong, but Im pretty sure 4.2 is continuing with the Infinite Dragonflight/CoT story, and we will have War of the Ancients as a raid.
    Which is beyond cool imo
    I don't remember where but I did hear the WotA was going to be a CoT raid in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Manito View Post
    I don't remember where but I did hear the WotA was going to be a CoT raid in Cataclysm.
    I remember hearing this multiple times, I think they may have confirmed it at Blizzcon as well.

Emerald Dream could make it in a patch though potentially, unless they found a way to expand it into a prominent role in the next xpac. Wouldn't mind taking down N'Zoth before DW like we did to Yogg.

Blizzard confirmed DW would be the end-boss of this expansion so we'd have to see it before him.

Deleted
    Twilight's Terrace with a boss Wretched Cho'Gall
    Bastion of Twilight was Marely a setback!

Zul'gurub revisit, mark my words.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want an Undermine patch. Undermine is the underground capital of the goblins on the isle of Kezan. Perhaps it survived the destruction that forced the Bilgewater cartel to flee the island, but is partially flooded and being menaced by naga/elementals/dragons/old god/whatever. It could be a daily quest hub with 5-mans and raids, like the Argent Tournament.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    Twilight's Terrace with a boss Wretched Cho'Gall
    Bastion of Twilight was Marely a setback!
    Exceptional.

Chances are something to do with the Naga. We've not "killed" Ozumat yet, he sucked up Neptulon and slithered off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things for this xpac:

Naga raid
    Old God Raid (C'thun resurrected maybe? Can't really "Kill" an old god - also, they do have that whole AQ zone created that you can fly around and explore).
    Caverns of Time - WoTA probably - this could be a precursor to the naga raid (Azshara)
    Nozdormu maybe this xpac maybe not. We know that at some point he's going to do something bad and we'll have to kill him though

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Exceptional.

Chances are something to do with the Naga. We've not "killed" Ozumat yet, he sucked up Neptulon and slithered off.
    Throne of the tides would like to have a word with you............

---------- Post added 2011-01-26 at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarog View Post
    I want an Undermine patch. Undermine is the underground capital of the goblins on the isle of Kezan. Perhaps it survived the destruction that forced the Bilgewater cartel to flee the island, but is partially flooded and being menaced by naga/elementals/dragons/old god/whatever. It could be a daily quest hub with 5-mans and raids, like the Argent Tournament.
    I can see it now.

Patch 3.2

This will include the following:

A new 10 and 25 man raid instance TRIAL OF THE DRAGONSLAYERS. Fight 5 whole new bosses such as undead Cho'gal or Onyixia 5.0.
    A whole new 5 man. You get to fight the champions of the red dragonflight in mounted combat.
    A whole new daily hub where the dailys get old fast within a week.
    + More class imbalances.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    Angry Birds, the Raid.
    so much win /thread

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    This will include the following:

A new 10 and 25 man raid instance TRIAL OF THE DRAGONSLAYERS. Fight 5 whole new bosses such as undead Cho'gal or Onyixia 5.0.
    A whole new 5 man. You get to fight the champions of the red dragonflight in mounted combat.
    A whole new daily hub where the dailys get old fast within a week.
    + More class imbalances.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... oooooooooo.......o

Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Zul'gurub revisit, mark my words.

If one has played the Zul'Grub questline I can't see how anyone could think Zul'Gub 2.0 won't be a major raid in one of the major content patches.

With a raptor mount as a drop for the end boss.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Throne of the tides would like to have a word with you............
    Uh, Throne of Tides is exactly when he sucks up Neptulon and swims away, just like Zael said.
    I kind of expect any kind of Naga/Underwater raid to be at the same time as Firelands. I'd assume CoT will be 4.2 but I don't have a clue what it's accompanying raid would be. Emerald Dream would fit in I guess. I'm a little disappointed the Uldum story was resolved in 5 mans, could have made for a killer raid fighting against the Twilight's Hammer before they can set off the re-origination machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    More and more an Emerald Dream raid is looking likely as the worgen-themed raid of Cataclysm, with Undermine being the goblin one. Not that there isn't enough of the Emerald Dream to potentially make an expansion of (and we might get one later), but with N'Zoth being a villain, all the Ancients returning from it, and the lack of anything else that would make a worgen-ish raid, it's looking more and more likely.

If there are the same number of patches as Wrath, we've got Firelands coming up, Emerald Dream / Caverns of Time stuff (I don't know that the CoT raid would support an entire patch as a theme, but you never know), and whatever a final patch holds for us - showdown with Deathwing, etc.

At some point, probably the final patch, I imagine we'll see the city of Ny'alotha where N'Zoth is sleeping.

Deleted
    Thinking about it now, I would love a WotA's raid. I dig that idea!

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Yeah. It's not like Blizz to leave a big thread just hanging like that. It's almost certain we'll see Ozumat again. Throne of Tides was merely a setback and all that.

Deleted
    I also think there is the potential for another troll raid in Northrend, really bugs me that we have a HUGE temple in Zul'Drak that is completely untouched.

I also feel that story line could of been wrapped up abit better.

And who knows what kind of powers some of the trolls in that region could of acquired!

Would be quite nice if Northrend had even a small piece of involvement in Cataclysm and wasnt just left 'dead' to current content like Outland was in Wrath

I definitely wish they would get away from this idea of pigeon holing themselves into developing content within the concept of a geographical location. My hope is that after Cata they will take a more organic approach to development.

Clearly, the Burning Legion is not gone I would love to see a new 5 man attached to Hellfire Citadel that helps players catch up with the Fel Horde since the fall of Megathidon.

It would nice to see a 5 man or raid that deals with how the Alliance and Horde are dealing with Valkyrion now that the Val'kyr (at least some of them) serve Sylvansas . I imagine the Alliance would like to destroy it and the Horde would want to protect it.

As someone pointed out Zul'Drak is still begging from some kind of closure.

The list could do on. I’m not saying the new development can’t be largely attached to a single theme within a single zone just that Outland does not have to totally be a dead world just because BC is over as an Xpac.
    Last edited by Wyattbw09; 2011-01-26 at 06:35 PM.