Tier 11 set =/= Tier 11 non-set?

So what do you use?

I had an argument over this with my brother, seeing a hunter with a Tier 11 Helmet, when he inspected
    him he said: This isn't Tier 11. Since the helmet was not part of the Tier 11 Hunter Set.
    I disagreed saying that Tier 11 is the first epic items available in raids (i.e. approx. iLvl 359)

Who is right? And what do you use? Do you mean the Tier 11 Set when saying 'Tier 11', or do you just mean
    the first tier of raiding, that looks the same(now that is).
    Originally Posted by spicie View Post
    Real Life is just an illusion caused by lack of WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    When talking about gear "Tier 11" refers to the Tier set, not loot from Tier 11 content. if you talk about boss encounters then T11 would refer to the dungeons.

yeah tier 11 are the actual sets

http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=217

yea. why did i post the judgement set? Because its still the best looking set out there imo. My pala isnt even my main, second tho would be http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=645

i kind of hate re-using textures of old gear, lol i dont know if anyone agrees with me, but TBC had some of the best looking items, still do.

Use both, just make sure you specify. As said, T11 is a set, it's also a tier of content.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I talk about tier, I'm talking about those shiny lewtz that have a cool benefit for wearing more than 1 of them.

However, as tier sets often go, the set bonuses are usually only 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgabear View Post
    So what do you use?

I had an argument over this with my brother, seeing a hunter with a Tier 11 Helmet, when he inspected
    him he said: This isn't Tier 11. Since the helmet was not part of the Tier 11 Hunter Set.
    I disagreed saying that Tier 11 is the first epic items available in raids (i.e. approx. iLvl 359)

Who is right? And what do you use? Do you mean the Tier 11 Set when saying 'Tier 11', or do you just mean
    the first tier of raiding, that looks the same(now that is).
    If people want to nit-pick I would say "tier 11 model" but tier usually refers to the set. Most people I see just say 359 epics

It's really just opinion based. If you want to call the gear that drops in Tier 11 content "Tier 11", then it's fine.