Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwixx View Post
    You cant solo some of the bosses. The first boss you need at least two people, so you can break his shield and not let him heal himself to full. I was able to solo supremous on my dk at lvl 80. Took 40-45, mins but at least i won.

Needless to say as a dk, raegwynn has been my hero since i first saw his videos, hell of a job and player.
    What about the enrage?
    That's the thing about RNG. It doesn't hate anybody - it just goes about its business, oblivious to the world around it.

Quote Originally Posted by lightgil View Post
    I don't see why you to would want to argue about who did what first you don't get any real achievement for soloing it but I still highly respect anyone with the abilities to solo such bosses.
    You bring up a good point. Blizzard should add stuff like this..."World's First: Illidan Solo". Only for fights they deem extremely hard, that is, if they even think they can be done solo. We're at that point where those raid bosses can be soloed with extreme precision and planning, and is worthy for recognition. Also it's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgokux4 View Post
    You bring up a good point. Blizzard should add stuff like this..."World's First: Illidan Solo". Only for fights they deem extremely hard, that is, if they even think they can be done solo. We're at that point where those raid bosses can be soloed with extreme precision and planning, and is worthy for recognition. Also it's funny.
    I think they deliberately avoid providing such rewards for soloing old content because of how uneven it can be. The game is not designed to be soloed. So there will always be bosses with caveats like "Oh, he's soloable but only by X class with Y spec and Z glyph." It's certainly not something they should disallow, but adding achievements or even Feats of Strength would start seeing people complain about how they can't do it because they aren't the right class or they're missing a necessary ability.

Nicely done, congrats :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JeKv View Post
    I think they deliberately avoid providing such rewards for soloing old content because of how uneven it can be. The game is not designed to be soloed. So there will always be bosses with caveats like "Oh, he's soloable but only by X class with Y spec and Z glyph." It's certainly not something they should disallow, but adding achievements or even Feats of Strength would start seeing people complain about how they can't do it because they aren't the right class or they're missing a necessary ability.
    Hahaha yeah I know. It's mostly just fun information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gz dude you are awsome

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And the plot thickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    Nice... epic video. Did I notice t10 shoulders? And... also... You never used your Healthstone!
    using healthstone would be like cheating in my opinion i prefer using only things i can completely get alone
    and yes i used t10 shoulders and gloves

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdrumpslap View Post
    so Raegwyn has basicly been reading up on what 2 do. learn all tactics from someone else.. then post vids and links on English speaking websites. that he's the first to do it... very lame :/
    i never said im the first who solloed illidan a warlock did it before me and i dont care if that other dk was faster then me (congratz to him anyway) but i can promise i wiped on it for a long time and learned the mechanics and created my own specc for it while using my own (and maybe the only possible) strategy
    i dont care that much about beeing the first one or the first dk to beat a boss im more interested in showing in my videos how I did it and im not copying anyone. it makes much more fun to me to use my own tactics to beat a boss.

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fiveyoushi View Post
    This is worthy of the front page o,0 congrats dude
    no its not the warlock who did is it worth that
    Last edited by Raegwyn; 2011-01-27 at 03:22 PM.

Old, Mione copycat
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

grats to Raegwyn again
    which addon does the countdown on the ability

I'm honestly not trolling but is it actually an achievement to solo this stuff ? I assume it's just a matter of moving out of stuff, using a cooldown when big damage is inc and interrupting what you can to reduce damage taken. Other than that i'd assume that you just do the same stuff on every boss with regards to what abilities you use to damage the boss and keep your health up.

In this video I never noticed the DK's health go below 40% which makes me think it's not really that challenging... i'd imagine the fact that nobody else has done it solo (if they haven't) is simply because hardly anyone else has bothered trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    He wasnt first though :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, isn't that what the whole game is about? Pressing the right buttons at the right time? The challenge is having good enough gear in order to be able to survive and also finding out what exactly the right buttons are.

I'm pretty sure it's challenging and gives you an adrenaline-boost while doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I'm honestly not trolling but is it actually an achievement to solo this stuff ? I assume it's just a matter of moving out of stuff, using a cooldown when big damage is inc and interrupting what you can to reduce damage taken. Other than that i'd assume that you just do the same stuff on every boss with regards to what abilities you use to damage the boss and keep your health up.

In this video I never noticed the DK's health go below 40% which makes me think it's not really that challenging... i'd imagine the fact that nobody else has done it solo (if they haven't) is simply because hardly anyone else has bothered trying.
    did your father not hug you as a child because that was the most negative depresssing thing ive ever read...

on a serious note its not easy to solo this stuff if it was alot more pople would do it it took him alot of attempts im sure

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    If it would be so easy a lot if people start solo-farming illidan, just for the garanteed roll on the legendary swords
    [100]Batleth / [100]Missetäter / [93]Less / [100]Gamgam / [100]Digamba / [100]Jamaharon / [90]Angosian / [91]Amonet / [100]Stahlkante / [91]HurrDurr / [64]Fattlebury /[97]Killit

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy reminded me alot back when he first started why i loved my dk so much. Soloing epic old content i did in a 25 man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathmotron View Post
    If it would be so easy a lot if people start solo-farming illidan, just for the garanteed roll on the legendary swords
    They have been now :P theres been like 10 so far that have done it and he was 3rd to do it

Ilidan was soloed by a warlock so this isn't breaking news http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=174483
    “The wise speak only of what they know.”

Dude is usually doing this stuff raid buffed. Not really "solo" in my book. Its not solo until you go in self buffed and do this stuff. Total crap.