Thread: Gear models

Gear models

If most of you are reading this that have played in vanilla know that the gear looked well Fucking awesome and know that cataclysm is out the gear just looks stupid like it was slapped together BC gear looked awesome for example the priest avatar tier 5 in wotlk the gear kinda took a change nere the end of the xpac and looked pretty danm cool but imo i want gear to look a little better rather then it being so cliche

Blizzard tries to stick with the themes and environment of the current expansions, unlike classic WoW where the Tier sets just had to look nice (which I was fine with to be honest).

I do agree however, that sticking to the environment or theme isn't always the most appealing choice.
    For example, the current Paladin set is crafted from crystals, gems and whatnot probably originating from Deepholm, but it doesn't really seem that appealing. Tiers 2, 4 and 6 were by far the best looking tier sets for Paladins, because they had the "righteous fury" feeling to them no matter what spec you were.
    Same can be said for Warrior Tiers 1, 4 and 6 whcih to me looked really awesome. Even Hunters had a theme with the Giantstalker, Dragonstalker, Demonstalker thing and now it's turned into Murlocstalker (...).

Another thing that came to my mind as I read this was the lack of "sets" at lower levels, surely with the new lower level models you can find in the random dungeon loot bag and all other unused models now Blizzard could design some great leveling sets crafted by the respective professions, give a more epic feeling to your character while leveling.

As a final note, the gear models could be made better, I agree, but they're not bad either. They generally look quite good and in fairness I'd rather have updated player models (animation touch-ups, more detail like Worgen/Goblin, different animations you can *choose* from, etc.)