Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Groups to good for "CC"?

Since ive started doing heroics its been worse people not thinking they need CC, I was just in one that the group had quite a few geared people the rogue even had the cata epic achievement. The tank said i have to go in XX amount of time so we are going to chain pull and here I am just starting in heroics and they think I can keep the healing up. Needless to say we wiped twice before the frist boss. Anyone else seeing this trend or am I just on a bad streak of assholes?

your not the only one, just last night i had one of those groups and had my second one this morning. im not sure if its people being overconfident being somewhat 'geared' or more bad players are at lvl cap. not many classes can effectively spam their aoe move now so its not like things are going faster, tank just takes a ton more damage

even if you are rediculously geared just cc, it makes it go so much smoother if the healer uses little mana. smoother is better than 'faster'

Well personally when I go with my Pally healing friend while I'm tanking there is no need to cc for 99 percent of the pulls in heroics now. If its a guild run on top of that. CC is useless all together.

If I'm on a character that I know can't heal the WotLK-style tanking/pulling, I tell them that they have to find a new healer. If they want a new healer, I'll leave (or if they're kind have them vote kick me to save a cooldown).

When I'm tanking on my main, I could probably aoe tank, or even pull multiple groups, but I start off with 2 CC targets, and scale depending on group input (with the healer's opinion trumphing the "GO GO GO" dps crowd).

Just do your best, if you wipe because tank doesnt let you get mana back, or doesnt use enough CC its not your faulth.

If you wipe, tell the grp that they needs to use their CC abilitys and tell tank to relax between pulls.

Try to talk in a calm tone, as "yelling" with caps lock doesnt really help your situation.

Good luck on your upcoming heroics.

I always do it just fine on my tank...
    Then again when everyone else dies on a boss I just tell them to run back in while I solo it for a minute or 2...
    Only time I need cc is when there's healers or something that does a lot of party damage (earthshapers.... zomg) :P
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

majority of the time the heroics can all be ran thru and aoe'd down just like WOTLK....heroic dungeons and normal raiding is on par for average raiders and casuals. They can get it all down when they put the time into it....

heroic raiding is a little tougher thank god

I will agree that if you as a healer or tank are just starting out pulling without any CC is just stupid. Even when geared, I'm at average ilvl 354 on my Prot Warrior some of the pulls with 4 or 5 mobs in HC HoO or HC Deadmines can hit pretty hard.

Haven't quite gotten my healer(resto druid) up to 85 yet, at 83 for the moment and have had fun healing the normals so far. Hoping it's a good challenge in heroics.

When I'm in a guild group we don't usually use CC since we all do great dps and heals with good gear, in aa pug with many tanks with 120k health yes CC

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    CC is overated. Skilled players can get the job done in any heroic 5 man.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm prot Paladin in 356 iLVL gear running with DPS'ers with the same ilvl as me. I'm one of those tanks who doesn't really CC at all, but I will coordinate some on certain pulls(ones in VP near the end is a perfect example)

Typically, I don't really expect the healer to keep up but I can make up for what is lacking simply by blowing neccessary cooldowns and casting heals on myself to assist as much as I can.

At this point, I loathe doing heroics due to all the bad players who can't follow simple mechanics such as standing out of fire. So I'd rather blow through them as quick as possible.
    Nazak, Lv. 110 Arms Warrior, US-Stormrage

"Vat vas 'dat, Sandvich? Kill 'dem all?? GUD IDEA!!"

With the gear the average player has now, CC really is optional in most of the instances. Of course if your healer is a mouth-breather, CC would still be good to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'd still CC in Stonecore, that's about it.

Deleted
    My Tank is on a level where i could start not using Cc at all. But why should i?
    It doens make the instance "that" much longer, and it reduces the chance of DPS target the wrong mob.
    And it saves a ton om Mana on the Healer so he doesn´t need to drink

Quote Originally Posted by timtim89 View Post
    Since ive started doing heroics its been worse people not thinking they need CC, I was just in one that the group had quite a few geared people the rogue even had the cata epic achievement. The tank said i have to go in XX amount of time so we are going to chain pull and here I am just starting in heroics and they think I can keep the healing up. Needless to say we wiped twice before the frist boss. Anyone else seeing this trend or am I just on a bad streak of assholes?
    Why use CC when you don't need it? I almost never use CC, unless theres a groupd with 2 healers or something like that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have 348 item lvl in pve gear. I do 18k dps on argaloth, so does everyone else in my guild. they have a bit higher item lvl though. when we do HCs, we chainpull everything. we never stop, and we often pull 2 groups at the same time. needless to say we never use cc.

my point ? CC is overrated if you know how to play.

True Story in Heroic Grim Batol pug:

[Me]: Ok, druid you got triangle for hibernate.
    [Druid]: ???
    [Me]: What is the ? about?
    [Druid]: Hibernate?
    [DK]: You want the healer to CC, lmao.
    [Me]: Seriously? Its a CC that sleeps dragonkin and beasts and yes, how fucking hard is it to cc?
    [Druid]: ok one sec lemme find it.

next pull after dragons

[Druid]: Ill sleep the Twilight Axemaster.
    [Me]: Um no you wont it only works on beasts and dragons
    [Druid]: Ill try anyways just in case.
    [Me]: ok, lol
    Hunter leaves the party.

So yes, people are just dumb as fuck about the CC. The one thing to notice in that whole story is the DK laughing at me wanting CC. To me, that was dumber than the druid not knowing what hibernate was or did at 85.

Edit: Id like to add a holy crap at how many amazingly geared and skilled players there are in this thread apparently. Some people are double pulling groups? DAMN they must be so fucking good! /sarcasm
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2011-01-27 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerklaw View Post
    CC is overated. Skilled players can get the job done in any heroic 5 man.
    let me guess, said dps DK?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyre View Post
    let me guess, said dps DK?
    I think Warrior.. DD-DKs are awesome at kiting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukaa View Post
    My Tank is on a level where i could start not using Cc at all. But why should i?
    It doens make the instance "that" much longer, and it reduces the chance of DPS target the wrong mob.
    And it saves a ton om Mana on the Healer so he doesn´t need to drink
    You Mark a Skull and an X. Skull dies first, then the X, and then continue to mark.

I'd rather save 15 minutes of boredom, I'm playing a game. Games are meant to be fun.