Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    CC needed in BRC/ToTT fosho

Deleted
    Steamrolling through with raid geared people everyday for 70 valor points, nope, we do not CC anything. In fact we AoE everything down. Ofcourse there are exceptions but tol'vir for example does not need CC, just did it yesterday. Rocking with a rogue, fire mage and a surv hunter and everything died within a blink of an eye. Heroics were fun for the first week or so, after that they became boring. VP is propably the only instance where I sap a adept when there are 2 on the pull because they are annoying to deal with. I dont think I've done TotT for a while, but the healers there are better of sapped aswell.

tl;dr: It's pretty much like wrath and my FoK button is going to be broken within month if I continue running the daily random.
    Last edited by mmoca20d118853; 2011-01-28 at 12:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    shockwave is not op!
    He meant intimidating shout.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dassen View Post
    Halls of Origination... those big mobs, what're they called.. Fireshapers?
    They tear my shit up unless every other mob gets CCd, or the tank pops some good CDs.
    Can't imagine seeing packs with those in them getting burned through like a chilling breeze on a warm summer eve.
    Dont attack the fire ones. they channel for like 20 seconds or some crap. Dont do anything for a while. YOu can kill everyone else and then kill him before he stops casting.

i actually (and my pet healer agrees) that its more fun with no CC if you only have one dude active there is only one thing going on pull 4-5 mobs and there is much more happening makes it more exciting and fast paced

Nah stonecore is easily doable without any cc with 346s+ ilvl geared people who know what they are doing. Grim Batol trash is nearly dead if you have the party members who know how to spam 1 on the drake. The only trash which can be hard without cc in 346s is HOO trash and maybe the triangle packs in VP.

i don't CC at all in my group, i usually run with 4-5 guildies though... so we're not a stupid pug that will wipe on first pull

the only pack we ever sometimes use CC on, is the 2nd last one in grim batol, the one with 2 dragonkins and 2 elementals... so nasty to get the little adds + increased dmg zone + water spray shit :3

else heroics are pretty much aoe faceroll now :3

15+ Year Old Account
    I always queue up with my tank, and we only cc if the dps is really, really shit.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Deleted
    I only tend to cc in TotT if theres more than 1 healer in a pack.. Same goes for Vortex pinnacle.. Other than that i just aoe shit down, when required i shield bash, concussive blow, shockwave and warstomp when needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only things I have CC'd in a long time are healer mobs if there are more than 1, or like the OP said in stonecore I usually CC the earth guys at the beginning and later I cc the rune guys, the ones that cast imps. It's not exactly time consuming I have a good keyboard with most marks keybound, just say at the beginning always cc pull, hit 1 mark and it gets cc'd straight away then we pull. just makes it easier on the healer as I havn't done guild group dungeon since we were doing the heroic achievements.

I say, why make it harder for your healer? just because people are getting too lazy to CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummbles View Post
    The reason there are so few tanks isn't because tanking is hard, it's because everyone else is a fucking idiot. True story.

You're all forgetting the most deadly pack ever! (that was removed with this weeks hotfix package )
    The double Squallshaper in heroic DM! Man it was fun seeing all the DPS drop dead from a double Seaswell.
    Of course we simply sheeped one and locked the other down afterwards. But on the first pull it was mighty fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatinia View Post
    Deathwing begins to explode as he explodes

Quote Originally Posted by DreadLobster View Post
    You're all forgetting the most deadly pack ever! (that was removed with this weeks hotfix package )
    The double Squallshaper in heroic DM! Man it was fun seeing all the DPS drop dead from a double Seaswell.
    Of course we simply sheeped one and locked the other down afterwards. But on the first pull it was mighty fun.
    Never was a problem for me pre-fix. You just needed someone to kite one. But I came to understand that it is a lot to ask these days. As I recall they are immune to CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummbles View Post
    The reason there are so few tanks isn't because tanking is hard, it's because everyone else is a fucking idiot. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyou View Post
    Never was a problem for me pre-fix. You just needed someone to kite one. But I came to understand that it is a lot to ask these days. As I recall they are immune to CC.
    They are immune to cc, but the cannons have a lock out component. that or just 2 people who can interrupt are plenty. Really, most of the instances are overestimated today.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your group is geared enough for raids, its arguable that you don't need cc at all for any of the heroics. However i believe that cc makes everything easier. I mean, why make things harder for the group than they already are, right?
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

why i havent enough gold in wow game? really make me crazy..