Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Old god whispers to archeologists?

Idk If anyone has posted about this but here it goes

So I was gathering fragments of dwarf archeology and when I found the last piece in the area I heard a voice that said "Your friends will betray/abandon you (I forget which). I was wondering if anyone else experienced this. There was no whisper in my chat box just the voice.

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 02:28 PM ----------

okay I know I'm not going crazy. It just happened again after I got another set of dwarf fragments. It was a different whisper this time. Something along the lines of "keep telling yourself that these are truly your friends." I'm maxed out 525 btw if that means anything

10+ Year Old Account
    When you collect keystones you get a whisper. I Know that when you get Troll Key stones I heard "You're heart will explode". Pretty creepy.

Yes I do, is that wut it's from?

Quote Originally Posted by Themegatron View Post
    Do you have DBM?
    its the toggle in dbm "make archeology interesting"

Deleted
    It's DBM, as I learned not too long ago. Shat myself when a Dwarf Keystone informed me I would die

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    was it in howling fjord? cuz you get those whipers in one of the area's there, if not its probably a bug
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

Super-secret plot for Deathwing to permanently mind-control everyone who has 525 Archaeology later in the expansion.

No it was in eastern kingdoms, both dwarf

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathcrab View Post
    It's DBM, as I learned not too long ago. Shat myself when a Dwarf Keystone informed me I would die
    Oh really? I had no clue thanks. And to think I thought Blizz made it interesting..

I've seen a number of threads about this since Cata hit. I don't think anyone really knows what it's from. Some think it's a lead-up to some event in the near future while others think its just sound bugs...like when you're in a certain zone and the music changes to completely wrong music for said zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you happen to have the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron in your inventory? I don't have it yet, but it either sounds like whispers from those or the old one from C'thun in AQ40.

10+ Year Old Account
    its for finding keystones for the archeology .personnal i did shit myself the first time it happened ,now i jsut get the unnerving sensatin that emporer palpatine is gonna appear behind me and brutally murder me everytime i hear it lol
    Faith Manages

Quote Originally Posted by clyponyx View Post
    Do you happen to have the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron in your inventory? I don't have it yet, but it either sounds like whispers from those or the old one from C'thun in AQ40.
    No I do not, just worthless level 60 and 70 epics =/

Quote Originally Posted by Iyotanka View Post
    I've seen a number of threads about this since Cata hit. I don't think anyone really knows what it's from. Some think it's a lead-up to some event in the near future while others think its just sound bugs...like when you're in a certain zone and the music changes to completely wrong music for said zone.
    Like how when you are in a tower (ex: TB, I believe west) or on an airship (ex: Alliance one in Deepholm) and you hear Icecrown music?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those whispers are from C'Thun, the AQ40 boss. I believe it has to do with DBM addon.

I've been getting these whispers from Archy. When I dig up a keystone C'Thun has to tell me that I'll betray my friends or My Heart Will Explode... You know. Same ol' same ol'.

However, the first night I started Archaeology I noticed this wasn't happening. Then on the second day is when it started. That's the only thing I found weird.

I've also heard of people just randomly getting whispers though. I'm not sure what's up with that bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I strongly look forward to an Old God apocolypse event where N'zoth finally rises from the sea, the whispers are from the DBM addon's "make archeology interesting" option.

Before this was known I was literally flailing about with anticiaption but, alas. DBM likes to tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    While I strongly look forward to an Old God apocolypse event where N'zoth finally rises from the sea, the whispers are from the DBM addon's "make archeology interesting" option.

Before this was known I was literally flailing about with anticiaption but, alas. DBM likes to tease.
    Darkside knows the answers

Deleted
    there are some people whispering me with gold offers, those old gods are annoying.

Deleted
    Made a picture because I was getting annoyed by people not reading the actual answer and making up theories. And I was bored.