Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    with mage tier the glyph problem doesnt exist anymore so its more along the lines of which is better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badishi View Post
    with mage tier the glyph problem doesnt exist anymore so its more along the lines of which is better.
    Fireball, plain and simple.
    BfA Beta Time

Here you have some actual data in 372 BIS gear, long fight+movement (with calculated Ignite munching) and it shows FFB 829 DPS behind FB.

http://www.manoutoftime.org/misc/sim...long_move.html

Well if your main PvE spec is very Mastery reliant, then I'm guessing going FFB would be better so you don't have to regear?

Right? Or does FFB not wan't mastery? I imagine it'd want it. Just asking so I can go spec it right now. XD

Gearing for mastery will lower your DPS, but if you're too lazy to regear to raise your DPS then using a lower DPS main nuke isn't going to hurt you a lot anyway

Isnt it rare for a mage to recieve dark intent in the first place? since the lock would go for either SP, holy priest or RestoDruid? and in the case of those absent, i can imagine that mage lies further down the list.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    Isnt it rare for a mage to recieve dark intent in the first place? since the lock would go for either SP, holy priest or RestoDruid? and in the case of those absent, i can imagine that mage lies further down the list.
    It goes Spriest, Boomkin, Fire Mage.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Gearing for mastery will lower your DPS, but if you're too lazy to regear to raise your DPS then using a lower DPS main nuke isn't going to hurt you a lot anyway
    Gah what complements mastery? : /

And don't call it laziness. Why on earth would I farm a second set for an offspec as a DPS? I'd rather spend the time gearing the other useful non-DPS alts I have than worrying about an FFB offspec! O_o

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Gah what complements mastery? : /

And don't call it laziness. Why on earth would I farm a second set for an offspec as a DPS? I'd rather spend the time gearing the other useful non-DPS alts I have than worrying about an FFB offspec! O_o
    There isn't enough mastery to put FFB ahead of Fireball. At least not in this tier.
    BfA Beta Time

Luckily for me there are 3 raiding locks in my guild and 1 spriest, 1 boomkin, and then me

1. is ffb better then fireball? : no fireball is slightly better dps (while selfbuffed and with no extra debuffs)

2. is ffb better then fireball with DI? : no ffb is not better if you have DI. but it brings the numbers very close and sometimes puts ffb on top.

why? cuz its another dot that can critt and refresh the duration / stacks of DI. meaning you have a pritty high chance that the full stack of DI (3/3) never falls of.

3. is the advantage of this gain enought to switch from fireball to ffb when i have my lock-pal around? : depends on fight. if you can impact to more then 1 add ffb is superior to fireball (even without DI). if there is only 1 target? well gogo fireball!

15+ Year Old Account
    FFB DoT munching Ignite<<<<<<<<<Fireball.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    FFB DoT munching Ignite<<<<<<<<<Fireball.
    :c yea whats up with that. same shit from flame orb

It goes Spriest, Boomkin, Fire Mage.
    Are feral druids no longer highly competitive for a DI target? Last I heard (weeeeeeks ago) was Spriest, Feral (cat) Druid, Boomkin, Fire Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    The crit of Fireball makes it much more appealing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    Are feral druids no longer highly competitive for a DI target? Last I heard (weeeeeeks ago) was Spriest, Feral (cat) Druid, Boomkin, Fire Mage
    I don't think they benefit as much from Haste as the listed classes do, if at all. Hell, they might, but I don't know much about Feral PvE.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badishi View Post
    What does mage tier have to do with anything?

2 piece: Increases pyroblast crit by 5%.
    4 piece: Reduced FB and FFB cast time by 10%.

They both get the same gains.

I choose C. The shadowpriest with dark intent is more dps.

I don't think they benefit as much from Haste as the listed classes do, if at all. Hell, they might, but I don't know much about Feral PvE.
    I think it was more based on their amount of dps that is periodic damage, plus the haste may increase their energy regen. in the same boat as you, no clue here about feral >.>

wow as my name states i am badishi. i mistakenly mixed the 2 and 4 piece up slightly my bad my bad napkin math was done while driving with iphone... yaaaaay traffic.