Deleted

Raids and rotating members?

Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-05-14 at 06:26 AM.

I've just been updating officer notes on players of their last sit. So whoever hasn't sat the longest does so pending raid comp. My problem is we only have offspec backups for tanks and healers. Guild has 7 dps, 3 melee 4 ranged, 2 tanks and 3 healers. So the problem is the dps get to sit a LOT more than tanks healers. Makes no sense to recruit a tank and healer just to rotate right?

Just hoping the dps don't mutiny. I can't think of a resolution beides kicking out a melee and hoping no mor than one peron calls off per night. Id rather raid and have people sit than risk 9 mannng with a pug.

Anyway sorry to derail.

How many people are we talking about here? We run a small 10 man guild as well. Right now we have 12 people but I'd like to have 14 eventually. We are all working folks with kids and such so we have a tendancy to have to miss occasionally. In an effort to not have to cancel the raids we have a few extras. Here is how I have been doing it so far.

I make everyone create a loot list identifying which bosses they need loot from. If a person doesn't need loot from a certain boss they are sitting on that boss.

If that doesn't solve the problem I look at the fight itself. Is it melee friendly or is it better to have more ranged. If it's better to have ranged then I sit one melee. I generally look at our loot list. Which melee is at the bottom of the loot list. If gear dropped for him he probably wouldn't get it anyway so he sits.

You also have to take into account tasks required. Do we need tricks on this fight? If so then the rogue can't sit.

You have to balance it to keep everyone happy but you can't do it to the detriment of the raid.

I swap people per boss fight and if you are coming in on the next boss then you better be parked outside the instance and in vent so while we are handing out loot from one boss you are making your way inside for the next one.

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 10:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    I've just been updating officer notes on players of their last sit. So whoever hasn't sat the longest does so pending raid comp. My problem is we only have offspec backups for tanks and healers. Guild has 7 dps, 3 melee 4 ranged, 2 tanks and 3 healers. So the problem is the dps get to sit a LOT more than tanks healers. Makes no sense to recruit a tank and healer just to rotate right?

Just hoping the dps don't mutiny. I can't think of a resolution beides kicking out a melee and hoping no mor than one peron calls off per night. Id rather raid and have people sit than risk 9 mannng with a pug.

Anyway sorry to derail.
    The dps have to understand this. The only alternative would be to have your dps be ready to tank or heal. Then on "farm bosses" let them tank or heal and let one of your full time tanks/healers sit out a boss. This way if a tank or healer has to miss you have a dps with experience to fill in for them.

It's definitely a juggling act to keep 12-14 people happy with only 10 slots. Everyone just needs to understand it's what's best for the guild.

Swapping people out per boss is better in my opinion because it lets everyone participate every raid night and it keeps them in vent so they can hear your strats evolve as you are fighting new bosses, even if they aren't in the raid.
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

I'm starting from the assumption of a guild running 2x10man teams.

I would start by making a healing/tanking/ranged/melee leaders, and put the emphasis on them to make the judgements. If you have to think about a guild of 25 people then you're going to lose track.

When you bench someone you make them the promise that they will get a spot next raid, and also that same day next week. Hence they always have a raid the next day and should always get a chance to go to the bosses they missed.

Once your guys get used to be rotated, you might find people actually plan a bit and will volunteer to drop a day every now and then because it means they can raid on the days they prefer to raid.

Generally, just try to be consistent and fair. Your officers might need guaranteed spots but if one passes up a spot every now and then it makes the troops feel happier.