Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    When I do spec into Atonement, I'm pretty much taking the points for evangelism stacks and the AA usage. If I'm already casting Smite for those, I may as well take 'free heals' too. The healing increase is pretty sweet and I like to use it before using a big heal like Divine Hymn for maximum healing during a damage intensive phase of the fight.

I do agree that it's great for 5mans. While I find it pretty great for shadow, it could use some tweaking for disc/holy, specifically because with Shadow it's stacking off a spell that's always in your rotation. Could you imagine if it proc'd off Prayer of Healing or Greater Heal? I guess we'd hear too many complaints about disc being overpowered then ;]

Back to the OP, while Grace procs would be nice, it's pretty sweet to have Divine Aegis proc'ing off the spell too, despite being 'random'. Healing a low-health target is okay by me All in all, it's yet another heal to add to the book and can certainly be helpful if used correctly with a faster cast time and more effective heal than Heal itself.

Edit: The % mana back is pretty low, especially compared to shadow's 5% return. Although, since I'm using the spell to stack AA, it's better than nothing (though 5% would be pretty sweet >.<)
    Last edited by saxx; 2011-01-29 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saxx View Post
    Could you imagine if it proc'd off Prayer of Healing or Greater Heal? I guess we'd hear too many complaints about disc being overpowered then ;]
    Would be SO nice if if proc'd off of GH but had its CD increased to 2 minutes or something. Now that would be useful. AND balanced.

I tried out Atonement spec after reading this thread, and I'm like...."WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T I DO THIS BEFORE??"

Smite healing seems to be very op, at least, in 5mans. Only 300 more mana for a spell that heals for somewhat more than Heal, has a shorter cast time, and adds 4k dps? Yesplz. Though I noticed that Atonement seems to be unaffected by Grace.

it's pretty sweet to have Divine Aegis proc'ing off the spell too
    Divine Aegis procs off of Atonement crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Sandy View Post
    Respec Holy?
    I'd suggest speccing out of narrow-mindedness
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-01-29 at 03:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Could you imagine if it proc'd off Prayer of Healing or Greater Heal? I guess we'd hear too many complaints about disc being overpowered then ;]
    making it proc from Heal would already make it a ZOMFGNEED talent no matter if you're disc or holy IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I tried out Atonement spec after reading this thread, and I'm like...."WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T I DO THIS BEFORE??"

Smite healing seems to be very op, at least, in 5mans. Only 300 more mana for a spell that heals for somewhat more than Heal, has a shorter cast time, and adds 4k dps? Yesplz. Though I noticed that Atonement seems to be unaffected by Grace.

Divine Aegis procs off of Atonement crits.

I'd suggest speccing out of narrow-mindedness
    i would love if atonement would add grace and its heal being increased by said grace, it seems you had fun with the smite healing then huh? heh
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Deleted
    IMO Atonement spec rocks ! and will be even better in 4.0.6 due to the changes with SoS talent and Grace. I am primarily a raid healer as Disc on all fights apart from Chimeron and Atramedes. The changes with SoS will allow Atonement spec the viability it needs for tank healing. You dont have to spam smite 100% of the time for AA. You 'weave' smite in. Popping AA for those heavy damage moments.
    Smite/Atonement for me is 1.6sec cast with crits to 40k [even after 'the fix'] 'Heal' is 2sec cast for around a 9k heal [crits of 12k]. I know which id rather go for ! For anyone who wants to have a look at a recent WOL report : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/cig0p7hv7acwc1t5/ I myself 'Jackiebane' was ranked 27 on Halfus and 72 on Valiona & Theralion as Disc spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    i would love if atonement would add grace and its heal being increased by said grace, it seems you had fun with the smite healing then huh? heh
    Atonement adding grace would be op tbh. Be nice if it was affected by grace though.

is this still viable for heroic mode now that the MS is working correctly? 10/25?