Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Actually, int still outweighs crit in PvP, just not by as much as it does in PvE. In PvE, it is vastly superior, in PvP only marginally, but enough so that you don't choose to gem potent gems in red sockets.
    Do you only post to raise your posting numbers or what?
    Your arguments doesnt have any solid ground, and you don't even elaborate why you think it's right.

For the love of god, int doesnt outweight crit in PvP. You can try to counter-argument here, but not with a lose statement.

You should actually do 90% of the dmg you do in arena, on frozen targets/ FoF'd. Or are u trying to imply that you are hardcasting zillion of frostbolts? In this current state, most of our dmg = burst (not very sustained at all), hence crit outweighs int marginally.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    +40 jump up and down, and +40 icelance,
    If you are jump up and down capped, reforge for icelance.
    (I am sure I will get an infraction for this, but I CAN'T resist...)

---((in other words, there IS a mage sticky on frost IN the mage section of the forum. In fact it is less clicks of the mouse and keyboard to have gone there and read that or searched the topic then to have posted this, AND you don't have to wait for nosebleed A and coldwar scientist B to finish the arguement about int vs crit to get the info you need)))---

(yes I know, "why did you bump this with a reply then?"
    Well dummy, if I can teach just ONE poster that there IS a search tool, and that there are stickies in every class forum, with information related to every bloody thing about gearing and gemming/chanting, then maybe I won't see this as often right? right)
    Last edited by Bigbamboozal; 2011-02-03 at 01:18 PM.

Crit or haste

I use haste and have had great success. Getting those poly's off etc. Playing with a spriest as well, the haste is nice. . It's really based on your play style, though.

Aim for about 20% crit though, that's pretty much a necessity.

The differences at the end of the day are really quite minimal. But the general rule is Crit if you can't decide.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    full haste gemming with 2 greens (hit/haste or something) and an orange (int/haste or resi etc) for 3% crit meta, reforge any mastery or excess hit into crit or haste too = win for me
    Last edited by invader; 2011-02-03 at 01:51 PM.
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shortsnap View Post
    It is my beautiful opinion that crit is much, much better then int. I dont know if these mages think int gives a whole lot of crit or what? But I dont have mana issues, and spellpower is just like mastery. It doesn't help all that much if it doesnt crit. Every 1% of crit = 3% to frozen targets. My crit is currently 20% and with my feral it's 25%. And since im sitting at 3555 res with my full pvp gear i use my darkmoon card (1600 int on proc, which is often) it goes to 22%. With the feral thats 27%. If glyphed for molten armor > cone of cold (and using molten armor) i'm at 32% crit. Add my tailor proc and power torrent proc (which together is 1080 int) im at 34% crit.

SO HAH! DISPROVED THAT 33.4% CRIT IS IMPOSSIBLE. SUCK IT.

Note: I gem Int/crit in red sockets, crit in yellow, and I have one hit gem in a blue socket, i dont go for the socket bonus in the belt and just gem double crit, also in my pants for blue I have int/hit.
    Why in the world would you use molten armor and give up a glyph slot for that?

Quote Originally Posted by rtjason View Post
    Why in the world would you use molten armor and give up a glyph slot for that?
    To prove a point, good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by shortsnap View Post
    To prove a point, good sir.
    Technically it doesn't prove the point you're looking for, as Frost Mages still can't soft cap crit assuming they are actually viable for arena play, and using molten armor as Frost for arenas (lol) and dropping a glyph to do so is not viable, and is not something anyone will do if they are competent in the slightest.