Quote Originally Posted by jadakin View Post
    By mystery he means unknown. A dungeon with a 'Clue' like element to it would be interesting though
    It was Ragnaros in the Library with the Candlestick!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    Not exactly. Subscribers means when they paid to play. Guess what? Hackers, farmers, goldsellers all pay to play. and guess what? thats included in the 12 million. How many unqie legit players does wow have? maybe 5-6million tops.

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 09:28 PM ----------

3.3 million in the first day, and it was what 5 million after a month? 5 million isnt 12 million last I checked.
    I was unaware 50% of the WoW player base were illegitimate. Hell, given that gold sellers would be out of business (supply and demand is a bitch).

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    Hackers, farmers, goldsellers all pay to play.
    Hackers hack! They pay to hack others accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    Everyone is biased, it takes WoW heroes to balance out rift heroes.
    Erm, no.

We gain nothing to hype or promote a game that we don't enjoy, given the very mature nature of the MMO community (lol) if something sucked we would be more than happy to tell you, because that's what anonymity on the internet does, let's people feel free to tell you how shit something is (massively exaggerated for effect) with no fear of repercussions.

So what we have here is a bunch of people who genuinely enjoy the game spreading the word, versus a bunch of people who didn't like the game who are carrying out the behaviour I just described above.

Your statement just reinforces this nagging suspicion that I have that a lot of the people bashing Rift here are only here to 'balance it out' and do so by bashing any and everything they can find.

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 09:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bleakeh View Post
    Are you guys going defiant or Guardian? I can't really decide between the two, it seems like alot of people are going to be going defiant but I'm not sure if I want to be on the overpopulated or underpopulated side ;\
    Probably Guardian, as I have already played through their zones and quite enjoyed it. I also love the look of the High Elf race, and the racial (wings!) is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bleakeh View Post
    Are you guys going defiant or Guardian? I can't really decide between the two, it seems like alot of people are going to be going defiant but I'm not sure if I want to be on the overpopulated or underpopulated side ;\
    Only one thing to say to that..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Erm, no.

We gain nothing to hype or promote a game that we don't enjoy, given the very mature nature of the MMO community (lol) if something sucked we would be more than happy to tell you, because that's what anonymity on the internet does, let's people feel free to tell you how shit something is (massively exaggerated for effect) with no fear of repercussions.

So what we have here is a bunch of people who genuinely enjoy the game spreading the word, versus a bunch of people who didn't like the game who are carrying out the behaviour I just described above.

Your statement just reinforces this nagging suspicion that I have that a lot of the people bashing Rift here are only here to 'balance it out' and do so by bashing any and everything they can find.
    Maybe its just me, but i do enjoy Rift and will probably juggle between both it and WoW for a while, and the only thing thats equally as immature and irritating as the trolling is the Rift lovers posting in every thread how amazing it is and how its going to kill WoW and how original it is and how its the best thing theyve ever seen.

Its looking to be a great game. Its true.

You dont need to make it sound like WoW players are attacking the Rift players who are totally innocent when they come to a WoW news site and post about how WoW is dying to this absoltely amazing game.

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post
    Only one thing to say to that..

I loved the Guardian part of the intro cinematic "WE ARE THE GUARDIANS, WE ARE THE CHOSEN" Sounded like some kind of war propaganda commercial... Awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm, no.

You can't have a discussion if everyone agrees, that's quite basic. My problems with Rift are legitimate gripes which I am posting about to balance it out. I am still considering purchasing Rift, despite how critical I am about it, and quite honestly I have better things to do than critique a game I have no interest in.

Yes, because Blizzard shares with us the intimate details of when and what we are getting next. 4.1 is due... oh shit I have no idea. But it's going to contain... who knows what.

Be a little more realistic with your requests and criticisms.
    And because blizzard doesn't do it means this company won't? They've already said they intend to release raids at the 30 and 60 day mark, asking when the next one after those intends to be released isn't so far out there really.

I'm genuinely interested in this game and why so many of you are so into it and I'm here for information on that. If you don't want to contribute to that it's fine but don't criticize me for being curious about the game and try to make it out like I despise the game when that isn't the case at all. Read my previous posts, I've gone back and forth in liking and disliking the game and still haven't made up my mind on it yet can have rational conversations with people about what I dislike about it and what I find may be a flaw in it. If you can't contribute anything to those conversations then just ignore them.
    Last edited by sicness; 2011-02-19 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Maybe its just me, but i do enjoy Rift and will probably juggle between both it and WoW for a while, and the only thing thats equally as immature and irritating as the trolling is the Rift lovers posting in every thread how amazing it is and how its going to kill WoW and how original it is and how its the best thing theyve ever seen.

Its looking to be a great game. Its true.

You dont need to make it sound like WoW players are attacking the Rift players who are totally innocent when they come to a WoW news site and post about how WoW is dying to this absoltely amazing game.
    I know what you mean. Don't get me wrong I know that there are retards out there claiming that Rift will kill WoW and I don't believe that for a second, nor would I want it to be true, I even wrote a pretty decent post covering this point (link here).

But I see a lot of stupid Rift bashing, I like to counter it... on the other hand I have posted a couple times that certain people need to calm down the hype.

At the end of the day I don't see why both games can't be successful. WoW obviously can, and I think Rift has potential to do well. And since I am bored of WoW right now I will play Rift. If I get bored of Rift I will move to some other MMO. That's just the way we are. Fickle humans.

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    You can't have a discussion if everyone agrees, that's quite basic. My problems with Rift are legitimate gripes which I am posting about to balance it out. I am still considering purchasing Rift, despite how critical I am about it, and quite honestly I have better things to do than critique a game I have no interest in.
    Almost sounds like you're talking sense! Quick, say something outrageous about how WoW will crush Rift

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    And because blizzard doesn't do it means this company won't? They've already said they intend to release raids at the 30 and 60 day mark, asking when the next one after those intends to be released isn't so far out there really.
    Within 30/60 days I think was the term used. And I can't remember that far back into the dim troll filled mists of this posts past, but I am pretty sure you were suggesting that Trion would or should lay out their raid schedule. I can't see it happening, nor would I want them too. It seems to me the best games are always the ones that are released when the devs say its ready and not before.
    Last edited by Tarien; 2011-02-19 at 09:52 PM.

Here is a sweet Time Lapse video of Rift... It shows how the sun changes position and the angle of the shadows... AND clouds pass in front fo the sun and mute the light... it's reptty damn amazing...

Also shows how RIfts far off can spawn Invasions as the come and try and take the camp...

Long intro.. so skip to :30 secs in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6eoQhYtJQM

And besides.. even if this WERE the case... how is that different? Rift releasing say 15 bosses in the first 60 days... or WoW releasing 12 Bosses in ICC for a full year?

Nah the whole idea I see behind these "stage settings" for the Rift Raids is that it ALLOWS them to release more bosses in a shorter period of time.
    The difference is Blizzard has actually said they intend to limit raiding tiers to about 6 month time periods, and judging from their first there will be roughly a dozen bosses each tier. They give us not a solid time table but at least something we can go off to have an idea of what their intent is and I was merely asking what Trion may have in store for Rift considering this. Their past raiding structure and time tables can't even be considered at all since they intend to have their next expansion out by next year, sooner than any other expansion has been released prior to it's predecessor.

The difference is Blizzard has actually said they intend to limit raiding tiers to about 6 month time periods, and judging from their first there will be roughly a dozen bosses each tier. They give us not a solid time table but at least something we can go off to have an idea of what their intent is and I was merely asking what Trion may have in store for Rift considering this. Their past raiding structure and time tables can't even be considered at all since they intend to have their next expansion out by next year, sooner than any other expansion has been released prior to it's predecessor.
    Got a link for Blizzs six month statement? I would find that interesting, since I got bored of content about three months in at the absolute best. Raiding just lost its appeal during WotLK, other than a brief period of awesome that was Ulduar.

As for Rift, who knows. I see what you're saying but as long as there is lots to do I am happy. And thats a big part of why I am swapping to Rift, there will be lots to do for a while as everything is new.
    Last edited by Tarien; 2011-02-19 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted before but i cant read 10 pages everytime i wake up haha

Taken from the end of http://www.g4tv.com/games/pc/63677/r...iding-Preview/

I likey
    Thanks for posting useful info between all this dribble that this thread has turned into.

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 04:59 PM ----------

Got a link for Blizzs six month statement? I would find that interesting, since I got bored of content about three months in at the absolute best. Raiding just lost its appeal during WotLK, other than a brief period of awesome that was Ulduar.

As for Rift, who knows. I see what you're saying but as long as their is lots to do I am happy. And thats a big part of why I am swapping to Rift, there will be lots to do for a while as everything is new.
    Blizzard went 'on record' in an interview stating they intend to release raid content every 6 months or so this expansion with a new expansion coming out by next year. I'll do my best to find it but no promises as I just got home from work and am pretty tired, at worst I'll look for you later.

And that's what I'm pointing out, you don't know if there will be lots to do because you don't know what the content will be like and is why I'm here asking reasonable questions about it. You can say it'll be great and all but you really don't know so don't criticize me for wanting to actually know before I invest in this game.

Honestly, I don't see why people like yourself think there will be lots to do when it provides just about the same type of content that WoW does at level cap. If you're up for doing all that content in another game that's fine, but that's what I'm trying to find out why people are so into this game when it seems that at level cap it's all the same thing as WoW that I'm just tired of doing.

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 05:02 PM ----------

Within 30/60 days I think was the term used. And I can't remember that far back into the dim troll filled mists of this posts past, but I am pretty sure you were suggesting that Trion would or should lay out their raid schedule. I can't see it happening, nor would I want them too. It seems to me the best games are always the ones that are released when the devs say its ready and not before.
    Since you have trouble understanding what I actually want them to do, or have someone provide if they've already done so, I'll say it again. I don't care about their overall raid schedule, I care about what they plan to do after 60 days. If they plan to work on the next raid content or work on fixes/updates for the game and a time estimate of when that could be provided. If they're going to provide 50 bosses to do by the 60th day I'm curious how long they intend for players to work on those bosses before new content will be out. That by no means is asking too much considering I'm primarily interested in raiding.

Noone ever said there would be 50 raid bosses in the first 60 days... lol

http://www.riftjunkies.com/2011/02/0...d-progression/

As for how many raids will be in for the game’s release: that answer is one. This raid zone is called Greenscale. This raid instance will contain five boss encounters. Then shortly after release an unannounced raid will be release. The term “shortly after release” was used by Berenger Fish. When the average person is level 50 and geared for raids, both raids should be available for players.

Hammerknell is another raid that is planned and we now know that it will contain “double digit” boss encounters. This raid will be releases soon after the Unknown Raid already mentioned.

As far as progression, both the Unknown Raid and Greenscale will be on the same tier. This means that once you are geared from all Tier 2 Expert Dungeons you should be able to attempt both.

Hammerknell and beyond (yes there is more content in the works!) will contain a second tier of raiding. Berenger Fish talked the work load the development team has on their plate and specifically he mentioned that much of it was already content that is slated for post-release.

Lockout timers were also discussed. Expert 5 Man Dungeons will have a 1 day lockout. “Small Raids” will have a three day lockout and “Large Raids” will have a one week lockout. For now lets assume Greenscale is a “small raid” and Hammerknell is a “large raid” seeing how Hammerknell has at least twice as many boss encounters.

Hard modes were also discussed. There will be no Hard Modes for any of the raids currently but Berenger Fish mentioned that the development team often discusses “if there was a hardmode version, this is what we’d do…”.
    Last edited by AuthurDent; 2011-02-19 at 10:08 PM.

And thank you AD (hope you don't mind I call you that) for posting the type of information I was looking for.

Also, I simply used 50 as an example, not implying that there would actually be 50. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by sicness; 2011-02-19 at 10:11 PM.

Here is a sweet Time Lapse video of Rift... It shows how the sun changes position and the angle of the shadows... AND clouds pass in front fo the sun and mute the light... it's reptty damn amazing...

Also shows how RIfts far off can spawn Invasions as the come and try and take the camp...

Long intro.. so skip to :30 secs in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6eoQhYtJQM

Nice, did you noticed also that if you stand under a fall you can see the rainbow fading through the angle of view? Didn't make and cant find a video to link tho -.-
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Source)
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Death Rift Invasions, I tried to get an out of combat picture. But in this SS you can see the number of people in the raid, some noise in the chat box. Of course I'm playing on defiant side. I just like their zone a tad bit more interesting then the other. Since my screen resouation is at 190x1080 with setting on ultra (expect for shadows) I assume why only half picture shows up for the complete picture view below

http://i53.tinypic.com/i6ef15.jpg

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...g-And-You.html

The more we see of Trion’s upcoming MMO RIFT , the more intrigued we become. Our resident MMO connoisseur Leah Jackson is particularly excited about the game, and is now even more so after having spent some time checking out Rift’s end game raiding system. I can’t say I blame her, though, because the raid balancing is rather unique and is designed specifically to push players to work together:

"The more people who are helping, the harder the encounter becomes. The way the developers have combated griefing and ninjalooting is that only the people in the group that opened the Rift will receive proper loot, whereas the helpers will just receive some tokens and cash. It’s a refreshingly original concept that lends itself to a lot of cooperative play, as well as a fun end game experience."

So it doesn't matter how many people help.. it'll just increase in difficulty to cover it... They can participate.. but it doesn;t seem to be able to be exploited or griefed.
    Last edited by AuthurDent; 2011-02-19 at 10:17 PM.

And that's what I'm pointing out, you don't know if there will be lots to do because you don't know what the content will be like and is why I'm here asking reasonable questions about it. You can say it'll be great and all but you really don't know so don't criticize me for wanting to actually know before I invest in this game.

Honestly, I don't see why people like yourself think there will be lots to do when it provides just about the same type of content that WoW does at level cap. If you're up for doing all that content in another game that's fine, but that's what I'm trying to find out why people are so into this game when it seems that at level cap it's all the same thing as WoW that I'm just tired of doing.
    You're right, eventually it will boil down to Raiding, dailies and so on. I suspect that that is the fate of all MMORPGs until someone reinvents the genre. But for a while Rift will be fresh, and given how promising it looks that could be a good while. It's a gamble I know but to have an MMO so well developed at launch, well let's just say I am optomistic. Only time will tell.

ArthurDent posted this which he found on the Rift forums, and it explains it quite well I think how a lot of people feel:

Rift is similar, and sometimes very similar to pretty much the major league MMOs out there... So why do we still love it?

For me the reason is simple: I have played WoW, Warhammer and Lotro far enough and I need a new game.

"But hey, isnt Rift like them as well ?" - You might ask.

It most certainly is, but I really want it to be! I like the mechanics on those games, I like the UI, I like the way the options and settings are laid out, I like the way quests are given to you, I like the way we loot and craft, I like the way we gather materials... I like all those similarities and more, that's obviously the reason which made me play the games I mentioned for so long!

So if I like those games so much, why change to Rift?

I want this change because I am sick tired of seeing the same items, the same zones, the sames spells over and over again!

I want to see and loot a different type of cloth to craft, I want to loot new items with new stats and looks, I want to mine new minerals, I want to skin different mobs and get different leather types, I want to learn and research about new skills and try new spells, I want to go in new zones which I never seen before and yes I want to do all those kill X quests all over again because at least the story is different and the objectives are different (even though the mechanic is similar)!

People I speak with, have the same feeling... We want a similar, a very similar game, but all redone and with new content. We want this because we are already familiar with the game mechanics, the UI, etc...

I dont see this as a bad thing, in fact, everywhere you go you find examples which people dont even think about it... How many of you there played Quake, Halo, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Counter-Strike, Half-Life, etc...

The list goes on and on, and take those games and laid it out flat in comparison. What do they differ so greatly?

New weapons, new zones, a tweaked mechanic here and there but... They are all FPS at the core, and they are more prone to be much boring and similar than an MMORPG. Because at the root they are all Point and Shoot type of games! Or is it not?

So for all those bashing my new found love, Rift, please do in a rational manner if you must. Dont ruin the community or give supposed opinions as a fact because for those that matter, we know what we like and your opinion wont change anything.

Thanks for everyone for taking the time to read this.