Thread: "Exploit"

Lightbulb "Exploit"

I'm curious, what's YOUR definition of the term 'exploit'?

Mine seems to be different than the rest of the MMO Champion / WoW community.
    I won't mention what it is because the moderators seem to deem opinions as trolling.

Um. I guess Doing something thats wrong,and/or effects others in a negative way.

Quote Originally Posted by JudieKiley View Post
    I'm curious, what's YOUR definition of the term 'exploit'?

Mine seems to be different than the rest of the MMO Champion / WoW community.
    I won't mention what it is because the moderators seem to deem opinions as trolling.
    Exploit is a very broad word, I feel it's really been narrowed down to just what most people would consider cheating, however in my vent we use exploit in a very different sense. "Exploit his positioning!" for example. Online language destroys language though, so meh. "To utilize for profit." is the definition I use.

Exploit is when you abuse something that is in the game (no third party software involved) but is clearly not intended. Something like jumping out of boundaries and such.

An exploit imo is something 'cheesy' that reduces the overall difficulty of an encounter, which the developers had not planned to happen. Example would be if Spell Reflect worked on a spell that the devs wanted the raid to LOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrant View Post
    Exploit is when you abuse something that is in the game (no third party software involved) but is clearly not intended. Something like jumping out of boundaries and such.
    I like your definition

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Online language destroys language though, so meh.
    Can't help but agree with your statement.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you have a issue with a moderator here, please contact Sunshine or Boubouille via PM.

[Locked]