51 17.53%
  • tested it on the beta, like it

157 53.95%
  • tested it on the beta, hate it

44 15.12%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been beta testing it but it really didn't fit my wishes.
    It's no WoW killer at all. I don't like the animations, and I don't like the environment either, I like the "cartoonish" side of WoW, not so much the "epic" old type. It felt pretty much like the first days I played Warhammer ( and never played it again ).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    The quests are more fun
    More fun than what? Having a root canal? I played the beta for a few days and literally all the quests were Kill a certain number of mobs, bring me a certain number of drops from these mobs, talk to this NPC, use this item at this location, all just boring standard MMO grind quests or breadcrumb quests. The quest text was always uninteresting and felt unimportant and every quest was easy. If you think it was fun, explain why and tell us what you are comparing it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    The leveling feels more challenging.
    Again, more challenging than what? It seemed like easy generic levelling to me. The quests were straightforward and easy, the mobs proved no problem, everything is very linear. The only challenging part is to keep going as it's so god damned boring running around so much doing these pointless things. Why do you think it was challenging?

Really, most of these pro Rift posts seem to be from players who are wearing rose tinted glasses. Their desperation to get away from World of Stalecraft has seen them latch onto the next MMO coming out, with it's slightly different game world and mechanics, slightly improved graphics and what seems like an interesting feature (Rifts). What these people seem to be doing are ignoring all it's flaws, how similar it is to WoW and how tiresome the Rifts become past your first couple of experiences with them, just because they want to escape WoW. Seriously, just stop playing WoW if it's not fun, you don't need a new MMO to replace it. I've recently quit WoW and am not going to be jumping into a new MMO for the sake of it. I have plenty of single player games to play to entertain me. If an MMO comes out that looks like it will be fun, then I'll play it. If not, I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    More fun than what? Having a root canal? I played the beta for a few days and literally all the quests were Kill a certain number of mobs, bring me a certain number of drops from these mobs, talk to this NPC, use this item at this location, all just boring standard MMO grind quests or breadcrumb quests.
    At least the drop rates aren't 1 in 20 and most of the "go kill this big guy that everyone would normally wait in line and try to tag first" quests share credit even if you're not in a group. All you have to do is damage that target and quest complete.
    ...And that's why I had to kill daddy. He was giving the mouse a cookie!

Moon is sheep. Let it be written!

Deleted
    Well good game nice ideas but they need to work on the graphic engine.

15+ Year Old Account
    I played it, and made a video of it, showing some PvP gameplay and also I explain some of the differences the game has to other games. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5-GD0_dqnw)

It's a pretty decent game, but I don't think I will end up playing it. The quests are really repetitive, kinda like WoWs quests before Cata.

what i liked about : PvP the black garden is so much fun only issue is that me and my firend found a bug where you could jump back on the middle wall on the guardien side so if you had the shard you cloud just jump back and forth and they other ppl can't get to you and you win

the Soul system the way they made it means you can have that many talent trees and still be fairly easy to balenced. and everybody can tank or heal so you will never get stuck with we don't have the healers or tanks

BUT this game is not gonna sell and is not gonna last for that long sens the Grafix you need and how much like wow it is just means they are trying to push themself into a market where WoW is the ruler and are going to eat them alive

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    So yeah who here and tested in on the beta etc what do you think?
    I tested the beta last week.
    It has some good points in it, but i don't know if it would beat WoW at all.

The combo of talent choices is great, and unique.
    Defeating Rifts is fun, but i can see becoming pointless later in game.
    Graphics are great, i like how it's life-like, but not dark and gothic from what i remember with parts of LOTR.
    Gameplay, feels alot like wow, just alittle slower. Felt more like a grind, but something you could relax too while playing.

I only hit lvl 10-12 in one afternoon of playing for about 4 hours. I had a relaxed time playing it, but i only got to use my week worth of a beta for one day. A friend gave it ago, and i just didn't find the time to play more of rift.

I don't play any MMO-RPG games at the moment, i've lost full interest of Wow, and don't feel i should replace this lost interest with another MMORPG, as i would just be infront of the Pc everyday again. So my opinion may not be the best to fully.

It's 6.5/10.

I found Rift to be a fun game for the 4 hours i played it. I jumped into the game, with a graphic error, no land scape was showing. But i managed to get to lvl 3 with no graphics showing at all, just name plates visable.

After sorting my problem out. I took a relaxed look at Rift, giving i know alot about WoW, i didn't find anything difficult to learn from Rift.

I choose the mage class, and picked a Pyromanic talent as my first choice. After that i was just following what the game sugguested, that i should pair up Pyromanic with Elementislt, and Arcane talents (forgotten name).
    I was alittle disapointed in the choices, as i was given too many spells that i couldn't actually use while lvling. I'd rather had picked something that buffed my damage up, or so.

Anyways, i felt the game does have alot of promising aspects to it, but it's let down to a lack of explaining things to people who've never played the game before.
    I didn't get past the first day of playing, so i never got into the whole instance lvl (15), or got to do PVP. I did help close a few Rifts, which is great, kinda rewarding also. as you gain points for how much you help out and can buy rare and epic gear/weapons.
    Last edited by Kosic; 2011-01-31 at 01:25 AM.