Poll: What is the Hardest Heroic in Cataclysm?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Stonecore. Amazing how many people utterly fail at the first boss.

ToTT trash can be incredibly frustrating (not necessarily hard) with unreliable CC or interrupts. The bosses in there are very easy though.

Deleted
    Tanks : ToT and VP

Healers : LC, SFK and GB

DPS : GB

ALL: OZRUK
    Last edited by mmoc7815864b1a; 2011-01-31 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Ozruk is an asshole

10+ Year Old Account
    Barely any HC is really hard imo (not being an elitist here tho), finding GB quite easy even in pugs. DM gave me some trouble when I had it the first time (being new there and just geared for resto) and had some probs with SFK first boss (first time there I healed like mad, second attempt i figured it out and we killed it).

Apart from that, as most people, Stonecore is pretty unforgiving in pugs when there's a bad tank (or guild tanks being shit for that matter). So just for that reason (Ozruk) i vote Stonecore, due to bad tanks i've seen

Why people vote massively for Grim Batol I don't understand. I've done it quite a few times on my druid and shammy and almost always cleared it. Even with 1 set of eggs hatched.

GB still poses threats in guild runs. Have to be on you game for every boss. Not a lot of room for error in that hellhole.

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding.

Totally depends on set-up. For instance I've done multiple SFK runs on both my main HPriest and alt enh shaman. Having a shaman trivializes first and last boss in there, while doing it with crap interrupt classes and no decurser is a pain.

Maybe I've just had different experiences than you guys, but I've found BRC to be the hardest. The first boss was brutal back when we didn't have raid gear, as was the third. The second can still wipe you if someone messes the beams up. Beauty wasn't as hard, but it was pretty crazy.
    I didn't have much issue with GB and Stonecore.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Cards View Post
    Throngus in Grim Batol breaks PuGs
    Odd...its usually the 3rd here...
    OT: Grim batol...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm going with the poll I'd say Grim Batol (Only with bad people) but mostly there easy with geared people now a days.

Deleted
    never had problems with grim but hate stonecore -_-

several times died on the first trash.

with guildgroup none should be a problem

The StoneCore or GrimBatol....

But then again, anything can sound impossible if you are with a group that has pants over their heads.
    Wut wut wut in the mud

Deleted
    Stonecore, Grim Batol and Deadmines, talking about the state they shipped in, without the nerfs. Rest are quite easy. SFK 3rd boss is probably the hardest boss though, next to Ozruk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meguas View Post
    I would say Stonecore, it isn't really hard but if you make any mistakes on ozruck as a tank, you're dead.
    The mechanics are stupidly simple tho... I died the first time I learnt to tank him (sidestepping the blast >>> stepping through him)... I honestly cant remember the last time he killed me.

Hardest heroic... truth tell, Thromgus as a tank isn't hard... and the rest of GB are pretty simple mechanics wise. I suppose it's the most difficult... but that's really not saying much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    The boat bosses aren't exactly easy and actually require a certain amount of dps or your screwed.

With the right gear all Heroics are facerolls now.

But before deadmines was hard.
    Agree with deadmines needing dps on the boat,
    grim batol is still harder.

On my heals, ive found SC fairly easy, if ppl dont suck and everything, but ive done H GB once!!! dont plan on going back in there, every1 knew fights, but was still hell

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 02:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forp View Post
    Tanks : ToT and VP

Healers : LC, SFK and GB

DPS : GB

ALL: OZRUK
    ^ pretty much all those

Quote Originally Posted by japes View Post
    Vortex Pinnacle, it's just so damn hard like the mechanics like omg, the first boss is a nightmare.

Throne of the Tides is also incredibly difficult, you need really good interrupts.
    Joking aside, the most insane heroic boss if you don't have interrupts is the first boss in H SFK.

Also, how many groups actually fight the 3rd boss in H SFK? Commander Springvale. He is easily the most skipped boss in Cataclysm heroics because he destroys your group if you don't have a near perfect composition.

For the above two reasons, I vote H SFK.
    Last edited by bloodwine77; 2011-01-31 at 02:31 PM.

Was gonna pick Blackwing Decent but i couldn't find it up there, but its by far the hardest, Bastion of Twilight is pretty bad on heroic also but not as bad as Blackwing IMO.

but neither of them were up there so i picked Stonecore since its meh, not enough ppl know the fights. and why all the Grim Batol hate, that place is seriously a joke.
    Last edited by Mixon; 2011-01-31 at 02:30 PM.

First boss in Throne of Tides, really hard to find a group that can manage to CC casters during phase2, so usually have the casters and the big
    guy up the whole time, with funnels flying around, yea fun times

Stonecore...even with a full guild group havent made it past first boss in heroic...kinda sad only H i have left for achievement.

SFK if in a pug because people are retarded and don't know what a kick is.
    Tol'vir for the achievements.

I don't understand why people thinks Grim Batol is hard O.o Explanation please, what is so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikiya View Post
    Tol'vir for the achievements.
    headed south obviously, we had to do it after blizzard fixed siamats shield X_x
    was a pain in the ass, really. but we've managed that 4/5 people got the achievement.
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.