Thread: JS' Hunter Bar

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    I can do that pretty easy. Question is, should it whisper the md cast or the aggro transfer message?

JS
    MD Cast probably.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Quote Originally Posted by Touch View Post
    md cast imo

andd the focus bar freeze alot at 60-70 =S when im at 100 focus or etc /reload ui fix it but is really anonnoying any fix? =D
    Sounds like something is corrupt in your saved variabled... Exit wow, delete JSHunterBar.lua from UNDER the WTF folder all the way down in the Character name directory there is a per char "SavedVariabled" directory - remove it from there, restart wow and you should be fine. If you have problems still, PM me - and I can look into it further.

JS

Deleted
    Noticed something with the new version (1.92):

The bar wont disappear (out of combat) until i mount up... Intended? :P

Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post

Keep up the good work.
    I believe the most current version is 1.94?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Aendos View Post
    I believe the most current version is 1.94?
    Damm... It was 1.92 yesterday night xD

Will download, thanks for the tip

**EDIT**

Updated to 1.94, problem is still there: after exiting combat the bar won't disappear till i get on my mount
    Last edited by mmoc707bc56263; 2011-03-13 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Think I will give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post

Keep up the good work.
    Check your out of combat alpha setting ;-)

JS

---------- Post added 2011-03-13 at 02:26 PM ----------

Added in Shadowed Unit Frame support for right click md's.

Added the option to whisper the MD target as well as normal announce.

Changed some other stuff too, like hide hunter mark warning when you are in a vehicle. Also made it not sparkle unless in combat.

Anything else I'm forgetting to look at before I release this version?

JS

Deleted
    Check your out of combat alpha setting ;-)

JS

---------- Post added 2011-03-13 at 02:26 PM ----------

Added the option to whisper the MD target as well as normal announce.

Changed some other stuff too, like hide hunter mark warning when you are in a vehicle. Also made it not sparkle unless in combat.

Anything else I'm forgetting to look at before I release this version?

JS
    All on 0%, since the first time i installed it. Never messed with these configurations

I'm working on adding in Mend pet timer (just to track mend pet duration on pet nicer than the timers), Pet happyness, Current Aspect, Dynamic Haste, and whatever else pops up. The biggest issue I am having is how to implement, thinking of adding a panel beneath the focus bar with this info (or above if needed). If anyone has ideas let me know, if you're good with graphics draw it, whatever.
    Might want to avoid the pet happiness tracker since pet happiness will be obsolete with 4.1 according to the patch notes. Aside from that...I was also of the mindset that I didn't need another hunter bar to tell me how to play my hunter. But I redid my UI a couple weeks ago (seems to happen about once every 2-3 months) and figured I'd just toss it in there to see how I felt about it. After 2 weeks with this addon I have come to the conclusion that you have made the single best addon for hunters that I have ever used. Replaces like 5 other addons that I used to use to keep track of different things and does so in a smart manner.

Just want to say keep up the good work, and thanks for taking the time to respond and improve with all these suggestions. As a software developer myself I know what it's like to have people constantly suggesting new things when you still haven't finished what they originally asked for, so my hat is off to you sir.

JSorrentino your addon is the best. The new proc warning is sweet. Keep it UP. Think is the best focus bar addon i used. And i tryed all. Will be nice if you can make an option to assign fast a MD, by locking MD on a player.
    Just wanted to say.. i apreciate your addon

10+ Year Old Account
    just downloaded version 1.9something and this is the best addon I've ever used. (alright, it's the first one, but it's still really good!)

i still dreaming to get a addon that can show me the assigned tanks and when i push the players to automaticaly do MD on them. Like 3 tanks.. 3 little bars on wich to click fast for MD. Atm im using a macro sistem to MD

Deleted
    Plz J add Synapse Springs to the procs list!

How can i enable it? im using Shadoweduf atm for my Ui, can you link a screenshot of the thing i need to look for? or how it works ... the MD i mean

Just wanted to chime in and add thanks from another hunter really pleased with this addon. I've tried all of the other focus bars, but none as extensive and useful as this one. Love it! Keep up the good work J!

JS I thought of a pretty cool idea but I'm sure if it would be even possible. Under the 5 bars for Ready,Aimed, Fire! proc, if you could assign 2-3 people as "Tanks" and have a MD go to them by clicking their name, sort of like how clique+grid works. I'm sure it would be a mess to code, design, etc, but just a thought.

JS I thought of a pretty cool idea but I'm sure if it would be even possible. Under the 5 bars for Ready,Aimed, Fire! proc, if you could assign 2-3 people as "Tanks" and have a MD go to them by clicking their name, sort of like how clique+grid works. I'm sure it would be a mess to code, design, etc, but just a thought.
    Actually it's simple. But I do this on tank frames now. If you have tank frames up, and I have them supported, it will cast it. Like blizzard main tank frames for example...

Any frame that should have the ability to right-click misdirect can be done for the most part. If it currently doesn't work, I can add support for it, i just need frame names ( /jsb id ).

1.95 is about to be released now, i had a bug in Hunter's Mark warning, just missed changing something.

Here's the changes:
    1.95:
    - Default misdirection channel changed from SAY to Self Whisper when not grouped at all and channel is set to auto.
    - Added option to send tell to the misdirection target when threat is transferring and finished.
    - Changed hunter mark reminder to sparkle only when in combat and totally hide when in a vehicle.
    - Added support for Shadowed Unit Frames for right click misdirects.
    - Changed right click misdirects to check for target being alive and not in a vehicle (you or target).
    - Fixed type-o in localization.
    - Fixed a bug with Hunter's Mark reminder, just a type-o that caused an error in rare situations.

I have to add support for right-clicks on every unit frame mod that's asked for. So, if yous isnt working, PM me with your unit frame/raid frame mod to get it in. I'm working on then as I can, just don't have the time to tread through other people's code or install the frames myself and get names. I've asked authors for the info, but they don't seem to like helping.

JS

---------- Post added 2011-03-13 at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    Might want to avoid the pet happiness tracker since pet happiness will be obsolete with 4.1 according to the patch notes. Aside from that...I was also of the mindset that I didn't need another hunter bar to tell me how to play my hunter. But I redid my UI a couple weeks ago (seems to happen about once every 2-3 months) and figured I'd just toss it in there to see how I felt about it. After 2 weeks with this addon I have come to the conclusion that you have made the single best addon for hunters that I have ever used. Replaces like 5 other addons that I used to use to keep track of different things and does so in a smart manner.

Just want to say keep up the good work, and thanks for taking the time to respond and improve with all these suggestions. As a software developer myself I know what it's like to have people constantly suggesting new things when you still haven't finished what they originally asked for, so my hat is off to you sir.
    Thanks, glad to hear it. Yep, I started coding the pet happiness and and went back and just deleted the code... LOL

JS

---------- Post added 2011-03-13 at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by azzureuss View Post
    JSorrentino your addon is the best. The new proc warning is sweet. Keep it UP. Think is the best focus bar addon i used. And i tryed all. Will be nice if you can make an option to assign fast a MD, by locking MD on a player.
    Just wanted to say.. i apreciate your addon
    Right click MD's are in. If you unit frames don't work for right clicking, let me know - Check the changelog to see if they are implemented, if not send me a message to get them added.

JS

---------- Post added 2011-03-13 at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by inferno138 View Post
    just downloaded version 1.9something and this is the best addon I've ever used. (alright, it's the first one, but it's still really good!)
    Awesome, thanks!

JS

---------- Post added 2011-03-13 at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ogru View Post
    Plz J add Synapse Springs to the procs list!
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82175 added this. Not sure if the proc and spell are the same, may take some testing.

1.96 will have the spell in it.

JS

---------- Post added 2011-03-13 at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by azzureuss View Post
    How can i enable it? im using Shadoweduf atm for my Ui, can you link a screenshot of the thing i need to look for? or how it works ... the MD i mean
    Get 1.95 - That's the 1st version with support for Shadowed.

JS

---------- Post added 2011-03-13 at 05:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thalin View Post
    Just wanted to chime in and add thanks from another hunter really pleased with this addon. I've tried all of the other focus bars, but none as extensive and useful as this one. Love it! Keep up the good work J!
    Thanks, appreciate the feedback!

JS

Confirming that the MD right click works for Stuf Unit Frames.

Also, when it says

"MD Cast"
    "MD Finished"

It seems to jump the gun on MD Finished and announce after the actual GCD ends, instead of the duration of Misdirect.

Confirming that the MD right click works for Stuf Unit Frames.

Also, when it says

"MD Cast"
    "MD Finished"

It seems to jump the gun on MD Finished and announce after the actual GCD ends, instead of the duration of Misdirect.
    When you cast MD you get 1 buff, which gets removed when you attack something, it get changed to the same buff ICON with a different buff ID for the threat transfer time. When the change happens, the originall cast MD buff is removed, which is why you see the 1's remove message.

This is what tossed me up a bit. I was going to not even use this, but this "finished" message is also shown when your MD expires without being used to redirect threat. Now I know our raid always has a "HOLD ON A SEC" yell before pulls making the buff expire to where it needs recasting.

So, figured I'd just put in the option to turn it off.

Make sense?

JS

---------- Post added 2011-03-13 at 06:43 PM ----------

To All.

By the way. I code this addon as I think things should be logically. I read forums and feedback to come to what I implement. Sometimes I'm wrong or there is a "better way" to handle the features in this addon. If you have suggestions or feedback, please post.

My intention of this addon is to help people play the class and monitor everything they need specific to the class.

I also do not like wasting game memory when not needed. So I will not implement something that's not helping with the above.

Personally, I don't like the way I implemented the stack bars, but a lot of people do.

Feedback helps, all I'm trying to say.

There's a lot that can be tracked that is just not in the default spell list I am building as people request things. If you request something and I put it in, it helps knowing if you can confirm it working. Supplying spell ID's that you know are right also helps! hint hint

JS
    Last edited by JSorrentino; 2011-03-13 at 11:43 PM.

Ah, gotcha.