Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Having tanked this a paladin, which i assuming from the log (That or your a druid tank)

chimeron is one of those fights that favours some sort of block mechanic as the critical block from a warrior is strong but cant be relied upon, where as a paladin blocks 40% Damage most of the time (Im currently running 85% total avoidance)

This is what i do when i take a double attack

100% Health : WoG Myself for about a 20-25k Bubble, Yes WoG is op..
    90% Health : Use divine protection this is ussualy enough to survive it if you are running with 180k HP + with raid buffs
    60-70% Health : Use a major Cooldown , Guardian of the ancient kings
    Anything below 60% : At this point i know im going to die however due to how finkles mixture works you dont actully die from the first attack thus Ardent defender/ guardian spirit will save you since you didn't technically die from the first attack.

Few tips for the fight in general

IMO Paladin tanks with a WoG spec are very well chosen for this fight as they are able to help your healers by healing someone every 9 seconds this is enough to save someones life. also holy radiance can help with the raid healing during fued however its extremely mana intensive on a prot paladin costing over 6000 mana from a 24k mana pool, you will not be able to maintain your threat rotation, but you will still be able to use crusader strike and judgement on cooldown thus allowing you to use WoG

Have your paladins LoH the main and the off tank just before mortality. thus giving your dps maximum time to kill the boss
    Chain guardian spirit if you have 2 holy priests

if DPS during mortality is a problem have a DK DPS MT the boss since he cant technically die from 1 hit its valid for a dps to tank the boss as long as hes over 10k health

During mortality make sure your rogues are next on the threat list after the tanks as they can tank the boss for quite a while due to there high dodge rate and Evasion, the boss has a 4.6-5.0??? swing time (Dont quote me on that)

PS : This one of those fights where people think gemming dodge is right, dodge cant be relied upon and some unlucky melee hits you will die, our druid tank was gemmed full agility and couldn't survive a double attack if he didnt dodge one, make sure your tanks maximise stamina as this will also help for cho'gall which alot of magical tank damage is present

edit: If you have any unholy dk's in the raid make sure there not killing there selfs with unholy frenzy after dropping to 1 hp, took a few attempts for our dk to figure this out and he died to it about 6 times when we progressed on it
    Last edited by Vandango; 2011-01-30 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandango View Post
    the boss has a 4.6-5.0??? swing time (Dont quote me on that)
    5 second swing timer, yes you can quote me.

he must have at least 10k hp left after the first attack, so the doubble strike cant kill him (since the robotdebuff prevent any1 with 10khp+ to die from any attack.
    ive only done him in 25man but, the tank taking the 2x strikes is the tank that will need most of the heals. (maintank only need 10khp to survive his attacks, and chimearon hi pretty slow tbh), just have him heald upp asap always.

It was a paladin tank, yes. I probably should have specified that but I see the problem now is that we just need to keep him topped off.

What we were doing is having the holy paladin heal the MT, beacon the OT (Ethamar, the paladin in the logs), a resto druid keeps the rest of group 1 alive, and I (holy priest) keep all of group 2 alive. However, I think a better option would be to have the paladin do the same thing, but sit the resto druid on the OT the full time, and I keep the other 8 raid members alive by myself. It will probably be rather difficult but I think it's doable (I'm not a slouch of a healer, though I know it will test my mana pool)

Edit: We currently have a feral druid eating the breaks/main tanking on this fight and the paladin eating the double attacks. The paladin has both stam trinkets so we just need to keep him topped off
    Last edited by Azrok; 2011-01-30 at 04:13 AM.

It's a bug that happens sometimes. Chimaeron hits your off tank is if he would have the break stacks of your MT.

Deleted
    It seems like a tank fail to me. Make sure you do not taunt him too early or you will force your healers top you off twice and trust me, this is not a fight to waste our mana.

Don't forget, double attack works the same way old heroic strike worked, i.e. it will be used instead of next mele swing. Since boss has 5 sec swing timer, it's kinda easy to time taunts correctly and never eat normal swings. And it's not like tanks have too much to watch for in this fight ^_^

We use feral tank for eating stacks and DK for double attacks in our main raid, but they are both full epic gear right now, so there is no difference. In our last recruit raid we used least geared feral as MT, since gear does not matter there and warrior on double attacks. I'm not sure what was his level of gear, but I recall that he had at least half of his items from HC's. Anyway, he was getting hit anywhere from 90 to 30k each separate hit, depending on blocks/CD. But he also had a ton of dodges and parries. Avoiding both attacks completely was not so uncommon as well.

We use our Feral as the double soaker and prot pally for the normal tank. Prot pally's Word can keep himself up pretty high, and feral druid savage defense absorbs seem insane on that fight, though unsure exactly how useful they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrok View Post
    So tonight we were doing Chimaeron and for some reason our off-tank (the guy we had soaking all the double attacks) would randomly get gibbed. This happened quite a few times. He was always above 50%, usually closer to 75%. Here is an example of one of the logs:

[G]: -2.33 - (Health: 141369 (77%)) Picapon Lifebloom Ethamar Crit +2540
    [G]: -1.52 - (Health: 143062 (78%)) Picapon Lifebloom Ethamar Tick +1693
    [G]: -0.80 - (Health: 143062 (78%)) Chimaeron Melee Ethamar Hit -142680 (2371 Absorbed) (Physical)
    [G]: -0.80 - (Health: 145603 (80%)) Picapon Lifebloom Ethamar Crit +2541
    [G]: -0.79 - (Health: 2923 (1%)) Chimaeron Melee (Double Attack) Ethamar Hit -106239 (Physical)
    [G]: +0.00 - (Health: 0 (0%)) Ethamar dies.

What's going on? I'm hesitant to believe he wasn't topped off enough though this may be the case but I can't think of what else it is. We've killed him 2 weeks in a row so far but this has never really been a problem before so I don't really know what's going on
    He was at 78% health, 78% of his health is apperently 143k, chimaeron hit him for 142k with his first attack (lowering his health below 10%) and then the second attack killing him.

Judging from your tanks health pool I would say that he needs 90%+ health in order to be guaranteed survival.

---------- Post added 2011-01-30 at 06:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sinizine View Post
    We use our Feral as the double soaker and prot pally for the normal tank. Prot pally's Word can keep himself up pretty high, and feral druid savage defense absorbs seem insane on that fight, though unsure exactly how useful they are.
    I don't know how its possible but I actually topped healing done when my guild was progressing chimaeron heroic.
    Savage Defense came under as healing and if I remember correctly my savage defenses absorbed 50kish each.
    Last edited by Pwnpaw; 2011-01-30 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnpaw View Post
    He was at 78% health, 78% of his health is apperently 143k, chimaeron hit him for 142k with his first attack (lowering his health below 10%) and then the second attack killing him.

Judging from your tanks health pool I would say that he needs 90%+ health in order to be guaranteed survival.

---------- Post added 2011-01-30 at 06:50 AM ----------

I don't know how its possible but I actually topped healing done when my guild was progressing chimaeron heroic.
    Savage Defense came under as healing and if I remember correctly my savage defenses absorbed 50kish each.
    It's true, Bear Druids will top healing meters on this fight, for some reason Savage Defense counts as a heal and it is insane how much it absorbs

It's true, Bear Druids will top healing meters on this fight, for some reason Savage Defense counts as a heal and it is insane how much it absorbs
    I can't figure out how my Savage defenses were so huge but I deffinetly remember having savage defenses for 40-50k when tanking him in stacking phase. (recount must've gone insane)
    Not to mention that I often dodge atleast 1 of his double attacks, sometimes both.

Druid tanks seam to dominate this fight. Since my Warrior tanking partner who outgears me by a mile has much more survival issues then me.

---------- Post added 2011-01-30 at 07:29 AM ----------

I might also add that I had specced into Nurturing Instincts, so after every double attack I would immedietly go cat form giving the healers +20% healing on me making it significently easier to heal me up before the next double attack.
    Last edited by Pwnpaw; 2011-01-30 at 06:30 AM.

Taking break stacks I normally do something like 30k HPS as a blood DK until the first feud where I get no absorbs. It's really amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Taking break stacks I normally do something like 30k HPS as a blood DK until the first feud where I get no absorbs. It's really amusing.
    That's because your meters merge Finkle's Mixture absorbs with your blood shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugz View Post
    That's because your meters merge Finkle's Mixture absorbs with your blood shields.
    Yep, the actual numbers themselves are nowhere near as impressive, but still pretty healthy. Guildies were very confused when I showed an 860k Blood Shield.

We just tank swap at 3 stacks, make sure other tank is topped off for the switch.

But wutever werks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tykus View Post
    We just tank swap at 3 stacks, make sure other tank is topped off for the switch.

But wutever werks.
    Why would you share Breaks? I have a real hard time understanding the reasoning behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Your tank was not at full health. Your Double Strike tank needs to be absolutely topped before Double Strike hits. He would have survived if this had happened (because the Double Strike, instead of killing him, would have brought him to 1 via Finkle's Mixture at worst).
    No he shouldnt. You only need about 100k hp. That should leave him with above 10k hp and the second hit will be reduced to 1 hp. Healing to full is just wasted mana and time casting heals thta wont make a difference. Let the mechanics of the fight help your healers out. Even if you dodge/parry/block/miss some of the double strike, the extra healing will still be wasted on massacre every 2nd or 3rd double strike.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhie
    Why would you share Breaks? I have a real hard time understanding the reasoning behind it.
    Because an old beta tankspot video tells them thats how to do it and they blindly follow it.

Deleted
    It was a paladin tank, yes. I probably should have specified that but I see the problem now is that we just need to keep him topped off.

What we were doing is having the holy paladin heal the MT, beacon the OT (Ethamar, the paladin in the logs), a resto druid keeps the rest of group 1 alive, and I (holy priest) keep all of group 2 alive. However, I think a better option would be to have the paladin do the same thing, but sit the resto druid on the OT the full time, and I keep the other 8 raid members alive by myself. It will probably be rather difficult but I think it's doable (I'm not a slouch of a healer, though I know it will test my mana pool)

Edit: We currently have a feral druid eating the breaks/main tanking on this fight and the paladin eating the double attacks. The paladin has both stam trinkets so we just need to keep him topped off
    Have him use WoG as much as possible. He doesn't have to make basically any threat because he's getting all the threat from MT when he taunts anyway. Talented and glyphed even single HP WoG heals about 6k noncrit, 2HP easily 10k+. There's no need to keep him topped all the time, EG just after dual strike has finished and massacre is coming next there's no point in healing him more than 10k. Prot pally OT can and should pull 2k+ hps through P1.
    Last edited by mmoc7476e5f4f7; 2011-01-30 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not your tank, it's not his gear, it's your healers. As has been mentioned your Double Attack tank needs to be topped. He would have lived if he was topped.

90% of p1 is about healers

and yes, in this case it's your healers

so get them to heal, 2 healed this on normal