Deleted

Arena advice vs warr/healer

Hi all, I am a new aff lock since cata, so arena is new to me on this class.
    I am currently starting with a resto druid, he as 3.7k res and I have 2.5k myself.

We run into issues against warr/healer and I found rogue/healer also very annoying.

Basically, I get slowed/cc-ed to hell, so it is hard to pressure their healer.
    I keep burning the warr (or rogue) and try to dot/drain the healer when he comes in sight to heal his buddy.
    But the fight takes long, and against warr teams we always lose, basically since the healers with warrs never got low on mana.
    I could hurt the rogue a bit more, so the fight ended at some point.

So my questions are, what tactic to use against warr/healer, and is it advisable to just make sure a rogue cant get behind you by standing against a wall or something?
    It feels bad to just stand there in an arena game, but if I start moving around he can hurt me even more.

disclaimer: yes I did search for answers before posting, but almost anything I can find is wotlk related pvp afvice.

Use portal on CD, glyph Shadowflame, next patch warriors wont be so annoying with instant sooth(removes beserker Rage) allowing for fears on the warrior.

Other then don't q 2's ( really , don't )

You should abuse clones on the dps you're burning. It's easy to spread damage but scoring a kill is always hard. When you get their dps to below 50 % their healer is going to poke his head out, clone the dps then. He'll panic seeing his teamate is immune to heals and this allows you to get full dots and a longer drain. This just puts a little bit more pressure out but it all adds up in the long run.

Root UA as well.

In regards to the post above me, the next patch will make 2's a complete waste of time, with the removal of drain mana. Don't even bother q'ing the bracket ( unless you double dps )
    Lock -- My Main
    Druid -- My Alt

I find Warrior/healer the easiest comp you can face in 2s atm as Affliction/healer, especially if they're playing with a Paladin or Druid. Before gates opens I pray it's healer/Warrior and not some gay comp like Spriest/Mage , or Rshaman/dps.

I don't know why you find it so hard because you're basically immortal against warriors and rogues, I'm running 3348 resilience and glyphed soul link and they cannot kill me even if my healer (shaman) is getting 20 secs of cc... The only way they can win is to kill your healer, but not you. Mana is not the issue, don't try to play the games as if you're gonna win on mana, that's not gonna happen... you need to win by killing 1 of them (usually the warrior) while chain cc the healer (3 fears, deathcoil, hex or cyclone since you're playing with a druid). Again the warrior shouldn't do a scratch to you, but you're resilience is really low, get 3200+, glyphed link and use Curse Of Weakness (it helps more than you imagine, don't use Elements of Exhaustion on warriors, it's useless, on Rogues Exhaustion is better but not on warrs since they can get back to you even if you teleport) on the warrior and you'll just tank him; you can also make his Colossus Smash being useless by teleporting when he uses it (it has 20 secs, your port has 21 if you have gloves + glyph). Other than that dunno why you're losing, basic stuff like fake casting, using focus macros hope you're doing them.... The only times I lost was when Warrior poped trinket + Colossus Smash + Recklesness and ate my healer instantly... Also if his healer is running around pillars and you cannot damage him or fear him, DON'T chase him, just pull the warrior to the other side of the arena, his healer will eventually have to come in open ground otherwise the warrior will die.

Deleted
    quit playing 2v2

Deleted
    Thanks for the advice guys, real helpfull

And yeah, if I don't manage to improve soon I will quit 2-2, stresses me out like nothying else ^^

searing pain more so he kicks that and not a shadow spell
    Top 100.

Deleted
    roll destro and feel the pain! after 35min fight i finally got all my CC's/cd's popped without getting interrupted and killed 3.7k resi druid just becouse made fast switch from warrior

My DPS nukes Pala until bubble, switches warr, then we keep pala cc locked until warr drops, quick switch pala + bloodlust - boom, dead pala.