Deleted

Al'Akir English Video Tutorial

Hello everyone.

I have already done a similar post few weeks ago. It was about Ascendant Council English Video Tutorial for the normal version of the fight.

I'm here again because I want to try a second time with another video. This time it is for the Al'Akir's normal mode strategy, in the Throne of the 4 winds.

(I'm still not allowed to post links so I'll do the same way as the last time, hoping that a moderator will fix it for me :x) Here the link, just add "www" before the following address : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1fdCAWsKP0

Again, please comment in any way (positive or negative) to let me know if this project can have any future in the english community.

Thanks and enjoy
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-01-30 at 05:01 PM. Reason: fixed link

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a mod obviously, but for the lazy his video is here.

Enjoy!

Deleted
    Thanks a lot ^^ I still can't post links !:x I hope the limit is not too high

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    I'm not a mod obviously, but for the lazy his video is here.

Enjoy!
    You don't need to be a Mod to be helpful. Thanks for the link, interested in how others handle the fight since I hear a lot of complaints about Phase 1 and I don't quite understand it.

besides the few grammatical errors that can be fixed the only thing i noticed was i thought the pattern of down two then down all the way then up one then up all the way on p3 seems kind of odd and im not sure it's completely necessary, it works obviously but wouldnt going down 1 "section" at a time while marking a melee be easier?+

if youre all french thats cool and i really liked the opening few shots then into the tutorial however maybe instead of the writing above which detracts a lot from watching whats going on you could have a spoken voice like tankspot

Deleted
    For the pattern during phase 3, going down a bit during each cloud will stuck the raid at some point : when the cloud pops, and the raid is already at the bottom limit of the "stage". The raid would go through an existing cloud and take unecessary damage. With this pattern, you avoid this problem (You can do 3 or more clouds before getting at the bottom, but it's enough with 2). But of course, it's not the only possible way to deal with the Lightning Cloud, I just wrote that it's easier to set a pattern before engaging the boss (The example in the video is not an obligation ^^

Regarding the audio tutorial like tankspot, it's a good idea, but lots of this kind of tutorial is already available on youtube. They are great and I don't want to compete with these. I prefer to write the strategy on the video because it lets use the audio to put boss voices (which do not exist on Al'Akir, but exists on other bosses), and music, leading to a more "epic fight" than a audio version of the guide.

But I understand that the constant flow of text is quite distracting and I already did some changes about that, which will appear on future videos (like Heroic Conclave, or Heroic Omnotron Defense System).