Hijacked Chat Channel

I have a quick question for the MMO-Champion community. Is there anything that can be done about a chat channel that has been hijacked? Recently, a chat channel that I use has had the same player come in, eventually gain moderator powers, proceed to kick everyone out and then set an unknown password so that no one can get back in. The player has openly admitted, through whisper, that he is doing it to troll and, quite frankly, he is doing it well.

Is my only option finding a new chat channel with a different name to take its place or is there a way to prevent this harassment?

10+ Year Old Account
    He's gotta log off sometime, that will free the channel unless he has others camping it with him.

Will the password vanish with him if he is the only one in the channel when he logs off?

Edit: Was able to join the channel after the player logged off, which answers my question. Is there any way to prevent this from happening continually?
    Last edited by coolerz7; 2011-01-30 at 07:05 PM.

Make a new channel and set a password?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolerz7 View Post
    Will the password vanish with him if he is the only one in the channel when he logs off?

Edit: Was able to join the channel after the player logged off, which answers my question. Is there any way to prevent this from happening continually?
    Not completely. If nobody is in the channel, anyone can claim it like you did after he logged off. Having it password protected will only work as long as someone's in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plungey View Post
    Make a new channel and set a password?
    The only reason I don't wish to do this is because I don't know everyone that uses the hijacked channel and wouldn't be able to tell each of them that the channel moved and what its current password is. Of course, if its the only open then its the only option.

Make a new channel is the more viable option unless you can get people to stay in the current one 24/7.

Thanks for the input y'all.