Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Deathwing Fight.

So, i've pondered this question for a while. How will the Deathwing fight turn out?

Im pretty sure he will have one Human phase, but how will the Dragon phase turn out? He is ridiculously huge, and can burn entire zones in a matter of seconds. So how will 25 puny little heroes withstand that? Also, where will it be fought?

As for the Dragon phase, i suspect it could be a little like Malygos, we get some help from the Red-Drakes or something. But this is just pure speculation. So how do you think the questions above will turn out ?

Quote Originally Posted by Majobu View Post
    So, i've pondered this question for a while. How will the Deathwing fight turn out?

Im pretty sure he will have one Human phase, but how will the Dragon phase turn out? He is ridiculously huge, and can burn entire zones in a matter of seconds. So how will 25 puny little heroes withstand that? Also, where will it be fought?

As for the Dragon phase, i suspect it could be a little like Malygos, we get some help from the Red-Drakes or something. But this is just pure speculation. So how do you think the questions above will turn out ?
    I seriously hope for some kinda "Ride on his back fighting off adds" thing. Since we're so small in comparison and can't do jackshit.

We are goin to need a fire res set.
    http://tcgloot.freeforums.org/
    TCG Trading forum, seeing as blizzard took our old one away...

Aren't there already like 10 threads discussing how the Deathwing fight is going to be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siton View Post
    I seriously hope for some kinda "Ride on his back fighting off adds" thing. Since we're so small in comparison and can't do jackshit.
    Yeah, that would indeed be pretty awesome, but how would that hurt him? Possibly a ton of possibilities, im just asking around, because im curious

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking a Shadow of the Colossus, where as you climb on him and peel off his armor or something like that.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EFG View Post
    I was thinking a Shadow of the Colossus, where as you climb on him and peel off his armor or something like that.
    Of course! When he got it put on like a giant metal band-aid in the cinematic, he was definitely pissed off. Now imagine taking it off...like a giant metal band-aid...

We would definitely make him very angry.

15+ Year Old Account
    What I'm hoping for (and am well aware we won't get) is that you will stand there and fight adds while the dragonflights (possibly the Earthen Ring, too) fend him off a little bit, then you will climb on his back and he'll fly around Azeroth while you do damage to his armor. Then he'll land in a random place (how awesome would it be to fight in the Wetlands, then outside of Org/SW, then somewhere in Northrend??) and you'll have to kill some adds while he fights the ER & dragonflights again, and then eventually you'll have torn off all of his armor and you have to stay alive while his body slowly explodes (the plating is KEEPING HIM FROM EXPLODING).

I can definitely see the fight involving jumping on his back and dpsing the plates. It would technically be the ONLY way to destroy Deathwing and the popularity of the Magmaw fight could hint to Blizzard that the whole jumping onto shit and fun action game mechanics could be a good route to go sometimes....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

we progress along his back ripping apart plates until he explodes violently because the plates hold him together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Hopefully it'll be a whole event full of familliar characters such as Thrall, Vrynn, Alexstraza and several others, that are going to fight along our side in order to defeat him. There will very much likely be a human phase and some kind of dragon phase where as we will be fighting him when he's weakened i suppose (Weakened by the familiar chars such as the ones mentioned above)
    <Novum Genus> - Tarren Mill Horde

The fight will probably be a lot like Kil'jaeden. Mixing adds, vehicle, and several phases into it. It seems like you'd almost have to fight him in Dragon form, and you probably won't kill him, but banish him, or send him back into the earth or some crap. It's probably going to be the very last boss we fight in the expansion, so they have a LOT of time to plan for it.

Deleted
    We send gammon to deal with him

I don't really care how the fight goes as long as there are losses! Lich King went down with basically ZERO losses on the Alliance and Horde side (I mean the fight, Bolvar and Saurfang basically died but we knew them before the fight). What I expect is some severe losses like Alextraza dying in the fight, some major heros of Azeroth should also perish. All great victories require sacrifice.

Deleted
    some great ideas around here , would be awesome if we get some of this stuff...

here goes mine :
    like many said we fly around wherever the fight will take place on his back fighting adds and possibly looting some consumables from them to use on the armor plates and weaken them till they come off (inb4 kael'thas) , after his plates are off unable to safely contain his awesome dragon form he's forced to go into his human form and we battle him to the death...

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    I can definitely see the fight involving jumping on his back and dpsing the plates. It would technically be the ONLY way to destroy Deathwing and the popularity of the Magmaw fight could hint to Blizzard that the whole jumping onto shit and fun action game mechanics could be a good route to go sometimes....
    God of War says hi. And if you think about it, Magmaw is the first mini boss of God of War 1. It's roughly the same size and look of a single head of the hydra! Just... fire instead of water. So I guess, we're getting so epic in wow, that we can 10 man some of the mini bosses that Kratos killed before he got his god or titan powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Siderr View Post
    some great ideas around here , would be awesome if we get some of this stuff...
    I always stop reading when ppl say their own ideas GREAT or COOL or other stuff. They might seem cool to you but not to others

Quote Originally Posted by Majobu View Post
    So how will 10 puny little heroes withstand that?
    Fixed, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Damson View Post
    We send gammon to deal with him
    This.

I would love to fool him. For example, we let him eat us (lol I know), and then we fight him from the inside.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope we only get to fight him for the first 10%, where Alextraeza (lol typo fail) finishes off the rest. Obviously where every % is equivalent to 10% in a normal encounter.