Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by cmonnow View Post
    they have the right to boot u for any reason, this new to u?
    i have the right to murder you and burn your house down for any reason, does that mean it's right?
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Deleted
    Not much you can do, they where being douchy.

I've actually been kicked for a simillar reason; Was doing SFK (normal) on my rogue, and I had just dinged 20 so I was doing my class quest. I just so happened that the tank was on his quest as well.
    Part of this quest involves picking up som ingots you can find all over the instance, and those ingots are the same in all the quests, he get's pissed because I picked up a pile of ingots and before I have a chance to say anything, he voted me kicked and it passed.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there enough ingots in that instance for a full group of 5 people to get 5 each? I clearly didn't occur to him...

No OP, there are plenty of idiots and a**holes in the game that'll kick you for no reason, and judging from what you told us, they had no reason.
    It's not your loss as much as it was theirs, you can be sure of that. Sounded to me like you carried your weight

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    i have the right to murder you and burn your house down for any reason, does that mean it's right?
    I belive we found the idiot of the day.

If you are going to compare RL and Game, make sure you have something smart to say.

You have no right to take someones life, or destroy another persons property for any reason. There are laws and rules for such acts, and you are truly retarded for even bringing up something like that.

There is however no rules that would prevent a group from kicking someone they feel is draging the group down in an instance, or for any other reason for that matter either.
    Now in this case the reason is obviously stupid if it actually happened as the op said, but there is little he/she can do about it.
    Especially by making the complain on a fan site instead of the official forum where there is (even if its very slim) a chance that a blue will read, forward that and many other kick problems happening all over and maybe sometime in the future get a reasonable system in place that the rotten ppl in the wow community can't abuse... but I wouldn't get my hopes up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by cmonnow View Post
    20k exp is a ton right? definitely worth getting kicked over
    Yes because if u herb u should 100% get kicked , even if your 1st in dps and your helping healer

OT: The people that kicked you are just plain idiots , ah well just ignore them and go on

Quote Originally Posted by winzi View Post
    I belive we found the idiot of the day.

If you are going to compare RL and Game, make sure you have something smart to say.

You have no right to take someones life, or destroy another persons property for any reason. There are laws and rules for such acts, and you are truly retarded for even bringing up something like that.

There is however no rules that would prevent a group from kicking someone they feel is draging the group down in an instance, or for any other reason for that matter either.
    Now in this case the reason is obviously stupid if it actually happened as the op said, but there is little he/she can do about it.
    Especially by making the complain on a fan site instead of the official forum where there is (even if its very slim) a chance that a blue will read, forward that and many other kick problems happening all over and maybe sometime in the future get a reasonable system in place that the rotten ppl in the wow community can't abuse... but I wouldn't get my hopes up on that.
    There are rules against harmign others in real life jsut as there are rules for not griefing others in game. People who ninja guild banks, camp corpses, scam, etc, get banned, for griefing.

Also, I put it here as a discussion, not that I expect anything to be done about it. You're pretty dense aren't you.

Also.... again, i did post it on the official forums. SO you just did the exact same thing you told me not to do by saying somethign stupid when you had no idea. nice job.

EDIT:

AND! comparing if something is right in an ethical viewpoint between a video-game and real life is alright, because it's involving human interaction. It's not the game, it's the people that are doing it.

The time you can't compare real life to a game is when saying "well wolves wouldn't need 1.5 seconds to get on the ground and start running
    Last edited by Penatar; 2011-01-31 at 03:37 PM.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

On my druid, I have been known to be tanking, and then suddenly stun the mob and harvest some herbs behind me. ^^

There's nothing wrong with picking flowers in a dungeon. You're not really slowing down the group if you time it well. You've just run into PuG jerks.

But there is a good side to this. Diminishing returns on V2K timer, means that when he reaches max level he won't be able to kick people very fast from HCs.

Quote Originally Posted by winzi View Post
    There is however no rules that would prevent a group from kicking someone
    Just like killing a person grants the killer some frowns from the rest of the society (and probably some jail time, if the police get lucky lol), making a stupid votekick grants the voters that passed this votekick frowns from the rest of the society (here on MMOchampion, for example).
    Some people tend to dislike the "I can, therefore I should" attitude, some like it a lot. Whether this "can" is restricted by laws or general common sense is irrelevant. The comparison was valid.

Woah, you got kicked for such a reason?
    Why haven't I yet heard about people getting kicked for teleporting out and in right at the middle of the instance, to then turn in a dungeon quest instead of waiting till the run is complete.. THAT is people wasting time. But you were just a little guy doing his business and picking up some lonely herbs... I officially give you a hug. <3