Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockASU View Post
    And your actual time playing was spent on those achievements - as with on any character you've done. It's not that character...it's your own time. IMO should just be account based achievements.
    And just as relevant to you being there is how you were there. Characters are and should be discrete entities with limited interchangeability. I MIGHT be ok with this if it wiped out any current achievements on the destination character, but any account-wide nonsense or adding them together is just asinine. No reason anyone should be able to aggregate work from multiple toons onto one.

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kirigi View Post
    You don't seem to have faith in Blizzard's desire to make money and this proposition sounds like yet another hook. If you've played WoW for longer than an expansion, you should have learned to never say never to Blizz. Especially when the siren song of cha-ching is sounding for them. Blizzard is currently writing the textbook on how to make money so start the countdown until paid class transfer is implemented.
    Class change is so hilariously asinine that it will be the death blow to wow. I'm sorry but even most of the bads who think they want it will realize how terrible it is if it ever gets implimented. No, blizzard is smart enough on this one not to undermine a core game concept over a few short term-bucks at long-term expense. Don''t foolishly confuse caring about money to sacrificing long term sustainability for short term gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    Yes but you earned it as class x instead of as class y. Playing for example, a rogue, is nothinglike playing a priest, and you could have been very successful at one and absolutely suck ass at the other.
    Yeah I've seen many arguments against it, and others for it. We could go back and forth all day and not convince each other on the matter. Just my thoughts on it. Some of the rep grinds are rather tedious (or were anyway) or some of the mounts were fairly hard to get (damn you rng) so having to switch mains for the sake of progression (or desire) is kinda shitty. I'm not saying it would be perfect, if they were to do this it would definitely need some fine tuning, but I'd be happy for it.

Isn't this just paid character class change?

Perhaps a little too far.

Deleted
    They said they're considering account wide achievements:

blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/20231/will-achievements-go-account-wide

I personally hope they do, I have almost 6k on my old main (not a lot by some people's standard, but a lot for me and my limited time) and I really don't want to grind old reputations and do all sorts of quests and traveling to replicate that on my new main. I'm focusing on Cata achievements now for that reason, hopefully I will get the old ones when/if they implement this.

This is why I've always wanted account based achivements. You wouldn't feel like you are wasting your time if you accomplish something on a different character. Also it would allow for achivements for things like having 5 level 80 characters, or leveling a character of each race to 60, etc. The time sinks they could add with this would be MONUMENTALLLLLL!!!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should make achievements account bound. I dont know about the gear and items tho...

I would totally pay monies to switch from pally to dk main.

Going from one tank to another? Check
    Going to an actual dps spec? Check
    Healing sucks anyway so who needs it? Check

Sign me up.

The notion of "your character earned the achievement, not you" really bugs me. If you play long enough, or if you even read enough or watch your groupmates in raids and pvp, you get a good feel for how the other classes play. When you think about it, different classes aren't much different at all. Apply your self buffs, learn your rotation or whatever spells are given priority, and go. The only remotely difficult role is healing, and once your gear catches up (and eventually surpasses) the content it's a cinch.

I don't know, maybe I play too much, but I can pick up any class I feel like and perform adequately. Isn't this the case for most eclectic players? Especially the ones reading this forum?

I got tired of my priest before Wrath started, but my priest is the character with the achievements and the titles and the rare mounts and pets. In retrospect, I'm glad that I pressed on with priest in Wrath instead of making my paladin my main like 100,000 other people. >.> I will say that race changing from night elf to human was a welcome change that breathed some life back into my main for me.

But man. I long to play my rogue seriously. And my warrior.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    My first toon made was a Tauren druid and ive never regretted it or wanted to switch mains. Anyone else in that boat ? ;p
    Mee! I rolled my holy pally in BC and never looked back. Never even considered switching mains.

On topic, I know they wanted to make achievements account wide, but I think there were "technical issues" to consider.

10+ Year Old Account
    There seems to be a pretty even balance of people who do/dont want account wide achieves. Imo, you should have both. Account achieves would be like exploring, collecting, world achieves, etc. Stupid and fun achieves for the whole account. Maybe a few new ones like "Altoholic - level 5 chars to 85." Then individual achieves for professions and raids. Although maybe an account raid achieve would be better, but you would only get the mount if you did the achieve on that char.

Maybe I'm blowing smoke here, but I really like the idea of account, guild, and player achieves.

Maybe eventually server achieves? :O
    "Its hard to tank!"
    "....Yeah, maybe in the first 5 seconds... if you don't have a hunter... or a rogue... or competent dps.... maybe...."

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Conjure refreshment now applies a debuff that does 30,000 shadow damage over 10 seconds to anyone, friend or foe, within 30 yards. "Vendor's Vengeance" is not dispellable.

Make achievements account-based.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by vth99 View Post
    if you want to switch main you should have done it along time ago before you had all that awesome stuff that makes you stick to ur current character.
    That is the dumbest logic - what if your raid needed you to be another class? What if you decided you were sick of ranged and wanted to play melee for Cata? What if you decided tanking was now fun? You can't foresee mind set changes years in advance, unless we're psychic, which I don't think any of us are.

Achievements should be account-bound so it's shared on all characters, I don't see the problem.