Deleted

Question Destro lock stat prio

Sup guys, been looking around lately for my gemming / reforging stat prio's for destro locks, so far i have seen

Int < Hit (until capped ) < Haste < (Until capped) < Crit < mastery

And

Int < hit (until capped) < mastery < crit < haste

What do you guys think is the right prio? :3

Elitist jerks currently says
    Lower Gear Levels (333-346 Pre-Raid):

Int >> Hit (to cap) > Haste = Crit >> Mastery

Higher Gear Levels (359-372 Raid Gear):

Int >> Hit (to cap) > Crit > Haste >> Mastery
    but I personally stack haste instead of crit, even in raid level gear, for the purposes of movement. Also SimCraft states that haste takes higher priority for me, personally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless someone shows me a sim with +.5 dps per point of some rating, I'll be stacking Haste as all specs.
    Playing with low haste is boring.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Unless someone shows me a sim with +.5 dps per point of some rating, I'll be stacking Haste as all specs.
    Playing with low haste is boring.
    my feelings exactly

Current Destruction Stat Priority:

Int > Hit(until cap) > Haste(until 2639) > Crit > Mastery> Haste(past 2639)

4.0.6 Destruction Stat Priority:

Int > Hit(until cap) > Haste > Crit > Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Faradin View Post
    Current Destruction Stat Priority:

4.0.6 Destruction Stat Priority:

Int > Hit(until cap) > Haste > Crit > Mastery
    /agree. I have no idea how EJ figures anyone would ever want to stack anything but haste. I HAZ QUICK CAST!!! NOMZZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Tresdallah View Post
    /agree. I have no idea how EJ figures anyone would ever want to stack anything but haste. I HAZ QUICK CAST!!! NOMZZZZ
    People need to be careful when simcrafting, as it can give very misleading results. If you have higher latency, lower than "elite" skill, have adds, or are in a movement heavy fight, then the EJ simcraft results posted heavily overvalue crit relative to haste.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    People need to be careful when simcrafting, as it can give very misleading results. If you have higher latency, lower than "elite" skill, have adds, or are in a movement heavy fight, then the EJ simcraft results posted heavily overvalue crit relative to haste.
    These are all things that can be accounted for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't like feeling like a fire mage clone. I go with haste before crit.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    You mean haste is better in heavy movement fights/higher latency etc? Sorry I'm finding it difficult to understand what you mean here.

Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    These are all things that can be accounted for.
    They can be; however, a lot of times people simply plug in the raw numbers and go with that. Raw numbers=/=actual gameplay. You can't always stand and cast, and you cannot accurately account for movement because though certain fights have phases in which you have to move, how many times have you done the EXACT same movement? Sometimes people screw up, and the Pillar of Flame drops in the group, now you have to move, simple example of some things that cannot be accounted for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    You mean haste is better in heavy movement fights/higher latency etc? Sorry I'm finding it difficult to understand what you mean here.
    Pretty much yes, that's also shown pretty clearly in Simcraft if you simulate a fight with some movement. All stats will shrink in the amount of DPS they provide as they do so, but Haste does so at a lower pace than the other stats (It's still not better than intellect though!).

Why doesn't Locks gem Int then, if it's so great?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmakerr View Post
    Either a bad troll, or just really dumb

guess this should be the final comment for this thread..

Simulationcraft is the only real answer.

Sorry for just saying that, but it's true -- it all depends on your current gear, etc.

Word on the street is that's how they should gem. It's all personal preference though

10+ Year Old Account
    they do? they should?