Eyes of the Beast?

So yeah, I just started leveling a hunter.
    I remember some time back that I had a dwarf hunter, and the spell Eyes of the Beast was simply the best spell ingame. I could run around as my pet for hours having a blast.
    But now as I just hit 26 I started thinking "when am I gonna learn eyes of the beast?" and then I checked the spellbook, and I'm either blind, or blizzard removed the spell?
    In that case, why did they remove it?

It left me really sad...

10+ Year Old Account
    it was a useless( but fun) spell so they removed it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Yeah it was a really fun spell to have, and I'm pretty sure they removed it. Really sad day for all who like to have fun with it, and I'm not even an RPer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

yeah it's gone. in an effort to reduce the amount of spells classes have, they removed and combined spells they thought were hardly used. i know, it sucks; i liked eyes of the beast too.

they also removed aspect of the beast (and volley).

I liked Eyes of the Beast, too. All my friends were kind of sad as well.

As to the reason they removed it, I'm pretty sure it's because of the new "Stay" spell on your pet bar. The one where you can send your pet to a certain location. Thus replacing the need for Eyes of the Beast. Kind of the same but Eyes of the Beast was more fun and better imo.

I really, really, really, REALLY miss Eyes of the Beast. When I learned they were removing it, I was so depressed. It was such a fun spell to use... Oh god, I miss it so much ;__;

there were plenty of reasons to keep it, prety dumb they removed it just because of the new move pet ability

Fun spells are fun, especially when you are bored and waiting for something.

I find it to be an annoyance to not have the fun abilities we had before, even if useless they added certain entertainment in some situations -I don't see a problem with that tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    Fun spells are fun, especially when you are bored and waiting for something.

I find it to be an annoyance to not have the fun abilities we had before, even if useless they added certain entertainment in some situations -I don't see a problem with that tbh.
    I know. I just can't understand why they removed it. Move pet and "stay" just aren't the same, and don't cut it. What exactly was their reasoning? "RAWR YOU HAVE TOO MANY FUN SPELLS I REMOVE NAO"? I just miss it. ):

Yeah, indeed.. it's not like one additional spell hurt anyone. They even added that "In a playful mood" ability to the Fox pet, so it's not like they are holding back on fun abilities.. have Blizzard ever reimplented any abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Haxon View Post
    Yeah, indeed.. it's not like one additional spell hurt anyone. They even added that "In a playful mood" ability to the Fox pet, so it's not like they are holding back on fun abilities.. have Blizzard ever reimplented any abilities?
    Honestly, not that I can recall. But I've only been playing since the end of TBC. :/

Also they should add the fun spells to every single pet family >_> Just saying.

Since the secret passage in the Ironforge throne room is gone also you really don't need Eyes of the Beast any more.

Wish we'd kept this spell instead of Eagle Eye.
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

One of my favorite with it was:
    1. Spec BM
    2. Get a spirit beast
    3. Go to Southshore or whatever
    4. Pwn anyone up to mid 60's or even 70+ with a stealthed beast sitting on a tower or somewhere out of LoS under AotB.

Tried this up to Borean towns

Or a pet with a skin of some local mob, takes quite a while for some people to actually understand what had just happened
    Last edited by Zauber; 2011-02-03 at 09:10 AM.

i miss this spell and aspect of the best nothing like sneaking up on another hunter in pvp or checking out the flag room while outside would be OP with camo tho stealth the hunter play with the pet.

they deemed it useless since u can now position ur pets using pet commands (the "only" purpose according to blizz)

it's really sad, but oh well not enough QQ would bring it back >_<'