Fury Warrior 4pc set bonus worth giving up better itemized pieces?

In my opinion there are pieces available that are better itemized in heroic mode than the tier pieces. Just not sure if giving up those pieces for the 4 pc set bonus is worth it.

1. [Helm of Maddening Whispers] with Crit and haste is favorable over haste and expertise, the only downside is the socket bonus
    2.[Pauldrons of the Great Ettin] pretty much going to bis after patch, crit/mastery and socket bonus of str
    3. [Elementium Deathplate] once they insert sockets to crafted gear is going to be far superior with higher str and again crit/mastery

No real concern on the legplates or gaunts but we definitely are losing out somewhere by selecting two of the above. Is it worth it regardless?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruha View Post
    In my opinion there are pieces available that are better itemized in heroic mode than the tier pieces. Just not sure if giving up those pieces for the 4 pc set bonus is worth it.

1. [Helm of Maddening Whispers] with Crit and haste is favorable over haste and expertise, the only downside is the socket bonus
    2.[Pauldrons of the Great Ettin] pretty much going to bis after patch, crit/mastery and socket bonus of str
    3. [Elementium Deathplate] once they insert sockets to crafted gear is going to be far superior with higher str and again crit/mastery

No real concern on the legplates or gaunts but we definitely are losing out somewhere by selecting two of the above. Is it worth it regardless?
    It is really going to depend on your gear access.

Heroic Tier4 piece will be worth it, but that means access to heroic tokens.

Many 372 off set pieces drop off easier heroic bosses.

Last time I checked the patch notes, the Elementium Deathplate is having its Strength reduced to compensate for the socket they're adding to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruha View Post
    When did crit become better than expertise?

Quote Originally Posted by Temsen View Post
    He may have plenty on his other gear. My own warrior has enough in crappy blues and greens that he can reforge it away.

3% ap passive is quite a nice buff, that's only going to get better with your gear, I have about 13kap raid buffed atm so 3% on that seems to outweigh the loss on some of the itemization of tier gear. I'd advise getting whatever you can, 4pc + helm from chogall is good, or even engineering goggles which have stats comparable with heroic gear due to those gems. As far as heroic goes, 4pc + helm would likely be best, but considering how chogall heroic is, its unlikely many people will be killing him in casual guilds anytime soon

4pc plus shoulders off of halfus will be bis next patch says elitist jerks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Temsen View Post
    The very moment you are past 26 exp - that's when.
    (Which is also very soon considering what can be gained through normal raid gear where 2 out of 3 available 2handlers have shitloads of exp on them...)
    Last edited by mmocf6fffb19b5; 2011-02-03 at 08:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

not in my opinion

I wont have any hc gear in this tier afaik. And when you look at that its not worth it 3% of ap out of 12k is like whole 350 AP WOW. This is shite when you got that shit itemisation on tier items ...... When you can have crit/hit for haste and after patch even mastery is better than haste. Not worth it.
    And why there is only 1 descent epix dps ring ?? Other one is rng drop off alakir ....

The set bonus is worth around 150 to 175 STR (slightly more even, if you are exceptionally well geared).
    So the question really is: take two better itemised items or 2 set items with lesser stats + (150-175) STR?

Even if you are heavily reforge locked (read: cannot reforge the lesser stats to something useful), the answer should be obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets look at this itemisation then for next patch :
    Legs = hit good mastery Dont see anything better tbh
    chest= Crit good haste bad . U can have crafted one with mastery and crit
    Hands = Mastery OK haste ..... Worst item in whole set. Yu can have Crit haste hands or Expertise mastery ones in that slot.
    Shoulders : Hit good haste bad. Option Mastery crit much better
    Head = Expertise good haste bad. You can have Crit haste one but its got haste and socet bonus is .... even more haste or Mastery expertise and sadly socet bonus is sta.
    Another thing is that Haste loses on mobile fights over mastery. Mastery provides burst haste more rage and white swing dmg.
    Anyway i always hated haste stat on warrior it always sucked or was a bad stat. And maby i will lose those 150-170 str. But i dont need 2 look at haste on my gear But thats my personal thing :P.
    Other thing i got shoulders + head +3 chests and 2 pairs of legs to mess around.

You are looking at all the set pieces though.
    Sure, there is almost a better offpiece alternative on every slot (unless you start taking hard modes into account: iLVL 372 set chest >> crafted chest), but you are not tellin me that you are not even getting the 2 piece bonus?

With 2 pieces you trade a budget of ca 400 lesser stat points (haste!) into 400 stat points of lets say mastery. But this costs you 170 STR; even more when you consider that the 4 piece bonus effects procs too ... double landslide gives 66 AP extra e.g. , heroic rage of heart proc grants 2178 STR, that is raidbuffed (5% kings, 10% AP ) an extra of 2178*2*1,05*1,1 *0,03 = 150 AP or 65 STR.

To each his own I guess. But I take the "lesser" stats (which can be reforged in most cases into crit or mastery anyway) and the bulk of STR over the "better itemized" gear pieces anyday.

Deleted
    The 4P Tier 11 is worth getting. If I look at my own gear, over the course of 5 minute fight, average in trinket/weapon procs and add raidbuffs, it's about 207 averaged strength I get from the 4P bonus - that's alot! You're gonna loose some crit, yes, but in the end it's still worth it.

And the 4P you wanna get is, correctly stated above: Head, Chest, Hands and Legs. Shoulders should be the Great Ettin from Halfus.

Deleted
    Ya in the end 4pc will be good, but who else is just upset about 4 out of 5 pieces having HASTE?! Its our worst stat..

Quote Originally Posted by Janoz View Post
    Ya in the end 4pc will be good, but who else is just upset about 4 out of 5 pieces having HASTE?! Its our worst stat..
    yeah. Really trying to shove that crap down our throat aren't they?

The stats dont worry me - haste is not completely useless and it makes reforging choices easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    ye but why we lack hit on tier so much ?? WTB hit/crit tier items !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    3% ap passive is quite a nice buff, that's only going to get better with your gear, I have about 13kap raid buffed atm so 3% on that seems to outweigh the loss on some of the itemization of tier gear. I'd advise getting whatever you can, 4pc + helm from chogall is good, or even engineering goggles which have stats comparable with heroic gear due to those gems. As far as heroic goes, 4pc + helm would likely be best, but considering how chogall heroic is, its unlikely many people will be killing him in casual guilds anytime soon
    So at 13k AP, you are looking at about 390 attack power. That isn't really alot, in the long run. I do think that some of the offsets will be better, but I am not exactally sure.

Yo Dawg, I heard you like Pirates. Well, I put a Bloodsail in your Bloodsail, and now you can Pirate while you Pirate.

Not anymore lordzed83 as with 4.0.6 you will want to go for 8% hit and favor crit>mastery for second stats (reason being the decrease of HS dmg and along the increase of BT, RB and Slam).