Need help with DPS - going into Hard Modes

Hey guys, I need some help with my DPS. We're going into hardmodes this week and I feel that my DPS is really low.

Is this just a RNG problem? Or is there something wrong with my stats, ect.

Rotation wise, I think i'm doing everything correct. Mirror Image, Hardcast Pyro/Scorch, Living Bomb, Spam Fireball, hit Hot Streaks when procced, Combustion when all DoTs are up.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cilix/advanced

WoL from last nights kills : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ed...s=9727&e=10276
    *Wasn't flasked for Argaloth

Also, I know I need Power Torrent. Will it make a huge difference in DPS?

Please help!

I mainly run 10mans and my DPS/Gear just slightly edges out yours on some of those encounters. Mage DPS isn't a show stopper atm. Hunters, Locks, are normally above my DPS.
    Last edited by FutureX; 2011-02-03 at 05:43 AM.

Yeah, our hunters/feral druids/rogues/locks are usually at the top right now.

According to stateofdps Fire mages are quite high on the list..is my DPS at its maximum for my current gear level?

I'm not sure how exactly stateofdps works as I have glanced at it in the past. Look at the fights where mages score higher in DPS.... mostly when there are multiple adds that can be LB+Combustion+Blastwave = Impact to spread. Pushing those #s up. Omnitron is also in there which allows mages to spellsteal off Arcanotron for increased DPS.

Argaloth seems to be the only exception there with mages showing 21k~ dps ... I'd imagine we're talking about Mages with mainly 372 BiS gear (4pc) etc. If anyone else has a theory feel free to post...
    Last edited by FutureX; 2011-02-03 at 06:21 AM.

Yeah, hopefully other people can chime in. I've thought about hitting combustion when LB/Ignite are up, instead of LB/Ignite/Pyro DoT to see if my overall DPS will increase.

Also, thanks a lot for your input =)

Quote Originally Posted by dokki View Post
    Yeah, hopefully other people can chime in. I've thought about hitting combustion when LB/Ignite are up, instead of LB/Ignite/Pyro DoT to see if my overall DPS will increase.

Also, thanks a lot for your input =)
    Well don't necessarily do that. Combustion is a tricky thing to work with at first. You don't want to just pop it when Living Bomb, Ignite, and Pyroblast are all up. You typically want to use it after a big crit, for the big Ignite (preferably a Pyro crit, but that's pushing the RNG a little. FB is good enough).
    Also, you don't want to delay it too much while waiting for the stars to align with that big crit. Using Combustion three times with normal spells is better than using it twice with a crit. You gotta analyze the fight and maximize your Combustions, really.

Like aldrek explained already, the main 2 contributors to your combustion are ingnite and living bomb.
    So just ignore the Pyro Dot and watch out for a good ignite tick and that living bomb is up, check if you can spread it and use blastwave (skilled flamestrike) to get an impact proc.

Combustion single target usage = try to use it as often as possible
    Combustion multi target usage = try to know the fight, when there are adds, can you squeeze in a single target Combustion before new adds will spawn and so on

A big crit is not everything to get a big ignite bank, you need 2 crits in order that the ignite is merged and will make you happy and smiling

Here is a small sample from Maje posted over at the EJ Board:

Combustion: 7374 tick - [100%]
    ----
    Ignite: 9704.8/2 = 4852.4 [65.8%]
    Living Bomb: 5612/3 = 1870.6 [25.35%]
    Pyroblast! dot: 1953/3 = 651 [8.8%]