Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by godz View Post
    You guys are just plain stupid.. i mean who the fuck doesnt want a new class? who gives a crap if they have to balance it or that we have classes for all roles.. it brings new things to the table.. nobody wants to play a paladin forever or DK.. its just not normal not wanting a new class.. it makes it more fun and exciting to see new abilities and designs
    Yes because DKs were SO enjoyable at the beginning of Wrath. Who wouldn't want a new class introduced and then spend basically the first year of its existence being over powered shortly, completely useless, and constantly changing. You're right, that sounds like so much fun, we are the stupid ones. Who the fuck doesn't want a new class? Most people who respond on forums and everyone I know in game. If you don't want to play Class X forever then feel free to reroll one of the other 9 classes currently in game. Adding one more class would expand on the options so much...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    as people have mentioned, it works like this
    Blah: Blah

So next expansion (the one after cataclysm) will provide a new class or two.
    Do you have a source for any of this, or do you just generally believe every nugget of information you see, and try to find patterns in everything that occurs? If it rains Monday, is dry Tuesday, rains Wednesday, and then is dry Thursday, i guess it's DEFINITELY gonna rain Friday, huh? Not a single one of you knows what Blizzard have in store for the next expansion, which leads me toooooo...

Ascenion: Class
    'Ascension', right? You mean, as in... that other thread that was just some guy's idea, while he was in work?

lol, ok.

You can't preach speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    as people have mentioned, it works like this
    Tbc: Races
    Wotlk: Class
    Cata: Races
    Ascenion: Class

So next expansion (the one after cataclysm) will provide a new class or two.
    "Ascension" is a random made up speculation/idea on what someone thought could/should be the new expansion. It doesn't come from blizzard. and it's pointless to include it. Also, assuming that the next xpac will have a class doesn't make sense. Blizzard has given no indicator that they intend to follow any alternating pattern. TBH they're just going to do whatever they feel is best at that time. Nothing more or less.

cause it takes months to balance
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

currentally if you boil it all down we have 30 classes. and im here to tell you that shamans definately are not the same class they where in wotlk, and definately not what we were in vanilla. we are one of the least changed classes as well just look at ret paladins. your trying to tell me that there has only been one 'new' class in 6 years. well try playing a ret pally in vanilla and then play one in live and tell me its the same class.

If you add a new class, what does it do?
    We have pretty much everything covered in the 10 that are currently offered.
    If you have tried all 10, and only like 1 or 2, I highly doubt adding a new class will seem fresh.
    It would be a carbon mesh of existing classes.

With 10 classes and 30 unique specs, that is more than enough for now.

the only thing that isn't in the game is a melee/heal hybrid.

Warhammer Online has such a class. It's basically a Rogue that builds up combo points to heal:
    http://www.warhammeronline.com/armie...s/Disciple.php
    Sounds like a fun concept.

Everything else is covered or would not fit into the wow lore or playmechanics.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2011-02-03 at 05:58 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    So you've not played a feral druid?
    Did you intentionally butcher his post in your quote to make it not make sense or was that an oversight? He was clearly referring to a class that heals people while engaging in melee, not a class that can do both but one at a time. If a feral tried to do both it wouldn't be very good at either.

So you've not played a feral druid?
    So you heal the raid in catform? That's new to me...

Last edited by Kryos; Today at 05:58 PM.
    My quote was the original text.
    I didn't say feral druid was a viable raid healer, but it is pretty handy at throwing out some decent heals in emergency situations. While it is pretty bad, it is a melee that can heal.
    Feral Cat ist not a Melee healer. It heals for crap and it's not intendet to have support heals from the cat.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    New races are cool but the classes are still the same. When wotlk came out the first thing I did was make a DK and level it to 80. I had already played every other class extensively by then. I was excited about goblins and I levelled a goblin mage from 1-85 but its still a mage. I also wasnt subscribed for half of wotlk so I shouldnt be surprised that im super bored with WoW right now.
    There aren't that many new classes they could introduce. I mean, what would you suggest as a new class?

Well tbh you need to look at specs rather than classes. TBC changed tons of specs from vanilla so they were more playable. Wrath extended that and added a new class. Cata only changed some specs a large amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlapse View Post
    There are a lot of reasons. One is balance. I wasn't around for WotLK, but I've heard the stories about how long it took to get DKs in line.

Another reason is what archetypes are needed in the game. Currently we need more tanks, which was the goal with making Death Knights. Well... almost 3 years later and we still have a tank shortage. Releasing another tank class would be kind of weird, and releasing another DPS class would only hurt the problem. They could release another healer, but what we have at present currently feels really good (ie: One healer of each armor-type).

There are lots of ways to improve the game without adding new classes. I'd be more in favor of offering additional character customization than adding new classes.
    We need mail tanks, bring a tank spec for Shamies

Last edited by Kryos; Today at 05:58 PM.

My quote was the original text.

I didn't say feral druid was a viable raid healer, but it is pretty handy at throwing out some decent heals in emergency situations. While it is pretty bad, it is a melee that can heal.
    My fault. I just noticed the edit timestamp. Given the initial content of the post your response does make perfect sense. As far as actually making a viable melee"healer" I seriously doubt it would work within wow's mechanics. I think the most we'll ever see is "hey, judge/smite/wrath this target once every 30 seconds or so to boost your heals somehow."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    "Ascension" is a random made up speculation/idea on what someone thought could/should be the new expansion. It doesn't come from blizzard. and it's pointless to include it. Also, assuming that the next xpac will have a class doesn't make sense. Blizzard has given no indicator that they intend to follow any alternating pattern. TBH they're just going to do whatever they feel is best at that time. Nothing more or less.
    That someone was the person who posted the comment you quoted. Just. So you know. lol
    (Hes proud of his unique snowflake idearz)

New Classes: No.

More Tankable classes: Yes.

Hunter and Warlock Tanks would be very cool, different; and help the damn wait times!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    They can't even balence the game around the current 10, but you want a new one? :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    If youre going to take the time to reply you could at least read my whole post. Its not even that long.

I have 0 sympathy for blizzard as far as balancing goes. They are the most capable of doing more because they have the most resources. Asheron's Call still has content patches every month and the player base is practically nothing now.
    And still, you sit and whine on a wow forum.
    And saying that EQ is better?

I'd like new classes!
    Blizz give us more classes plz ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Still balancing PVP and PVE
    2. They just broke end game Shamans..