Thread: Stat help!!

10+ Year Old Account

Stat help!!

Hey, I'm a frost death knight and I've never been much on re-forging and Geming anything besides strength! so I was asking in trade the other day (usually not the best thing to do! but i wasn't getting any of the same answers online so I did ask) how much haste a death knight is supposed to have and the majority said 14%!! that is a whole lot! So I'm wondering how far am I from having the correct stats for a DW frost DK? If Anyone could help me find out what im doing wrong so i can maximize my game play thanks!

(here is my armory link)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../roik/advanced

Any help is awesome!

Sincerely,
    Vatheron ( A fellow death knight in need of help!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatheron View Post
    Hey, I'm a frost death knight and I've never been much on re-forging and Geming anything besides strength! so I was asking in trade the other day (usually not the best thing to do! but i wasn't getting any of the same answers online so I did ask) how much haste a death knight is supposed to have and the majority said 14%!! that is a whole lot! So I'm wondering how far am I from having the correct stats for a DW frost DK? If Anyone could help me find out what im doing wrong so i can maximize my game play thanks!

(here is my armory link)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../roik/advanced

Any help is awesome!

Sincerely,
    Vatheron ( A fellow death knight in need of help!)

See: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rost-DPS-Guide

If you're going to be a raider, I suggest you go for hit/exp cap first (8% hit, 17% spell, 26/26 expertise), but it's not critical. Haste is way down the list. You want strength & mastery long before haste and crit. Don't worry about hitting the cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet thanks!

Give this man a raise!-unstoned Goblin

10+ Year Old Account
    I should have also mentioned this paragraph:

(Haste directly increases the amount of white swings to a DK's DPS, which doesn't produce an overall desirable effect because DK's generate very little of their DPS from white damage. Almost every DK attack is an instant attack outside of weapon swings, which means Haste actually does very little to speed anything up in the DK's arsenal. Haste does affect a DK's GCD (Global Cool-Down) giving them a "wider margin for error", but doesn't add much DPS potential overall. Haste may be more useful for dual-wielding DKs at some point, but should probably be passed over in favor of more useful stats.)

I personally reforge most of my crit and haste into mastery. This is because most of my crits are proc based from Killing Machine, so having high crit, while nice, isn't nearly as necessary as Unholy or other DPS classes without a crit proc.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    for the haste issue this is why it is the least desired stat to get as frost DW
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...W-frost./page3

as far as the rest goes get Str gems only. dont mix and match gems get Bold only for dps period
    same with enchants... go for the STR ones first then mastery on boots and crit last. don't get haste for DW frost at all.

and reforge to at least 8% hit WITH NoCS talent in place for a total of 8% and then cap Expertise to 26 then go for mastery>crit
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

10+ Year Old Account
    Should I place all red Gems even in the blue or yellow spots?

Also @Avatar KIller you said cap expertise to 26.. is 26 the cap? cause I have 231 expertise. do you mean 260?
    Last edited by Vatheron; 2011-02-03 at 05:22 PM.

Haste is just below crit for stat weights, but there is some agreement that we want around 5% haste to reduce the number of rune blackouts (no runes available, no RP available).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterkiller View Post
    Haste is just below crit for stat weights, but there is some agreement that we want around 5% haste to reduce the number of rune blackouts (no runes available, no RP available).
    Absolutely wrong entirely.

haste is the very last stat you want while DW

STR > hit to 8% > exp to soft cap (26 exp) > mastery > crit > haste > agility > hit cap to spell 17%

and since it is obvious that you will never want agility removing it from the table of stats to get, getting to 17% spell hit should never be a goal either
    Last edited by Avatar Killer; 2011-02-03 at 05:58 PM.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.

Jeez, EJ Fanboi spotted. YES it ahve been suggested that you should get 5% haste as DW Frost. It have even been proved on some forums (i will get sources when i can). Linking EJ Stat values without saying anymore is... just..stupid.
    Mortenius @ Ravencrest EU
    Linkov @ Magtheridon EU
    Github

Link this for me please so I can prove it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxboron View Post
    Jeez, EJ Fanboi spotted. YES it ahve been suggested that you should get 5% haste as DW Frost. It have even been proved on some forums (i will get sources when i can). Linking EJ Stat values without saying anymore is... just..stupid.
    Where is your proof? Give numbers showing these claims are better than EJ's proof and I'll be happy to support it.