Thread: Trinkets?

Trinkets?

Just something I've been curious about.

At the moment, I'm using Talisman of Sinister Order and Anhuur's Hymnal (Unfortunately, the non heroic version).

I'm almost at high enough rep to buy the Stump of time, and intended to replace the Talisman with it, but I'm skeptical to ditch something with 234 Intellect on it (with mastery on proc), for a +Hit with Spell Power on proc, when Anhuur is the same thing. I had intended to do Heroic Anhuur + Stump, but I'm wondering:

Is there another trinket better for a Frost Mage for the 2nd Trinket (if Stump is the first one)? I'm an Archaeologist, but Tyrande's favorite doll is a horrendously low discover rate. (In that matter, if by chance I managed to get it to pop up, would that be a viable trinket, or should I leave it for my healer? XD)

Certainly witching hourglass from the last boss in BRC is an upgrade.

stump of time is a great trinket for mages who are struggling a lot with the hit cap (after reforging, gemming etc)
    don't use 2 hit trinkets imo, but get it instead of the anhuur's hymnal.
    for a second trinket get whitching hourglass like nilnar posted.
    the last boss in grim batol drops a decent trinket as well (haste + stacking spellpower buff)

15+ Year Old Account
    As much as I dislike Mastery - Tendrils from SCore Heroic is a decent one also. Stuck using that for a while now..

If you got the gold, buy DMC:V and keep Stump with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenzey View Post
    If you got the gold, buy DMC:V and keep Stump with it.
    This. Reforge the Stump hit into crit, reforge the mastery on the card to hit = the best you can get if you don't aim for getting the Atramedes trinket.

Yeah, they're BiS pre-raid.

Quote Originally Posted by SEPHY View Post
    This. Reforge the Stump hit into crit, reforge the mastery on the card to hit = the best you can get if you don't aim for getting the Atramedes trinket.
    Why would you not just reforge the mastery to crit on Volcano instead of reforging 2 items for the same result?:>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SEPHY View Post
    What why? oO
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Swindley View Post
    Why would you not just reforge the mastery to crit on Volcano instead of reforging 2 items for the same result?:>
    yeah, both ways yield the same result, about 321 hit, 128 crit, and 193 mastery if my calculations are correct.

And IIRC, isn't crit the most important stat (after hit) until 33% for frost mages? So why minimize it until you're soft capped?
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    yeah, both ways yield the same result, about 321 hit, 128 crit, and 193 mastery if my calculations are correct.

And IIRC, isn't crit the most important stat (after hit) until 33% for frost mages? So why minimize it until you're soft capped?
    I'm sitting at about 20.3% crit atm, and 17% hit. (Haven't gotten stump yet). Still in quite a few 300-333 gear too ._. Things just don't drop for me.

The "soft" cap is 23.33% crit, correct? (5% from things like Rampage, then 5% from things like Fire Mage's debuff).

If you really like the 234 base int of talisman of sinister order, then Therallion's Mirror ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=65105 ) can be a nice upgrade.

However, if you want to maximize your dps, then Darkmoon Card: Volcano plus Stump of Time is an extremely potent combo.

Benefits of Stump of Time over the anhuur's hymnal is that it only procs on HARMFUL spells. I'm sure you have noticed your hymnal trinket procs on the most trivial things, like buffing yourself, doing things out of combat, etc. This wastes the internal cooldown. With Stump of Time, it will activate when you need it to.

Darkmoon Card: Volcano is just an extremely solid trinket because the proc is completely independent from any other similar proc. This means you can rely on this trinket's proc to stack with others. The proc also has a 45 second cooldown; the lowest internal CD possible for this kind of effect. With a reliable 30% proc chance, darkmoon card: volcano will be your best friend for this entire season, really. It's the best trinket you can possibly get for a mage in terms of DPS.

If you're interested in darkmoon card: volcano, expect to pay around 20 - 25k gold for it. The mats to create it are very expensive and there's a lot of RNG involved.
    Last edited by Hotfish; 2011-02-04 at 07:13 PM.
    Hotfish - Kil'jaeden

I refuse to buy things off the AH, gear wise.

I don't consider it worth the time involved with the farming.

Quote Originally Posted by SonyKnight View Post
    the last boss in grim batol drops a decent trinket as well (haste + stacking spellpower buff)
    That trinket takes for ever to stack as a mage, it's really meant for Locks/SPriests

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    That trinket takes for ever to stack as a mage, it's really meant for Locks/SPriests
    Well, Fire Mages don't really have a problem stacking it, but Frost only has Glyph of FFB, and Ignite procs, but those are so rare at times.