Fastest way to lvl up Archaeology?

I just got to 300 in Archaeology and got 4 digsites in outland,and was wondering is faster to lvl up in outland cos there is only 2 race(tho they need 45 fragments instead of 35 like in EK/Kalimdor races) and since is the smallest continent flying should be the shortest or EK/kalimdor is better or maybe northrend. I only want to lvl up to 525 as fast as possible, i don't care for rares atm.

Buy some night elf key fragments from AH and stay in kalimdor. If you are level 85 then in orgrimmar you have portal to hyjal and uldum which gives you quick access to northern and southern part of the continent. So not that much flying

Also, you cant dig in northrend until 375 skill
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I did all mine in eastern kingdoms. as a mage I set hearth n booty bay with portals in sw to twilight highlands you get quick access all over. plus a lot of sites in stv mean quick skilling up on troll artifacts

wait to 100 to solve anything.
    Eastern Kingdoms is the best land to 300 in my experience, and then go to Outland, its pretty small and easy to get fast from place to place.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    wait to 100 to solve anything.
    Eastern Kingdoms is the best land to 300 in my experience, and then go to Outland, its pretty small and easy to get fast from place to place.
    Isn't this changing in 4.0.6? It was in patch notes back on January 12th, I'm not sure if it changed since then.

Archaeology

* Archaeology finds now grant a guaranteed skill point up to 50 skill, and then no longer grant skill gains, as opposed to granting up to 100 skill very slowly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    I did all mine in eastern kingdoms. as a mage I set hearth n booty bay with portals in sw to twilight highlands you get quick access all over. plus a lot of sites in stv mean quick skilling up on troll artifacts
    If I was a mage I'd set hearth somewhere up north, because you can easily take the portal in the mage tower in SW to the dark portal, which is basically right next to STV and in the south area. So yeah could could easily set a hearth to somewhere like WPL and be able to go anywhere in EK quick :P. But as a warrior, I just had hearth in SW (obv) and used the twilight highlands portal for getting north, and dark portal portal for getting to south edge, though often I'd get ones in duskwood/blasted lands on the way to STV so I'd end up just flying from SW down there.

Quote Originally Posted by barker View Post
    Isn't this changing in 4.0.6? It was in patch notes back on January 12th, I'm not sure if it changed since then.
    Oh good god, they're making it WORSE
    Frigging dumbest profession ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    How To Level Archaeology:
    1: Get Dual Screens.
    2: Get a Slab of Beer.
    3: Drink aforementioned slab of beer
    4: Turn on movie
    5: start Archaeology-ing
    6: ???
    7: Profit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    If I was a mage I'd set hearth somewhere up north, because you can easily take the portal in the mage tower in SW to the dark portal, which is basically right next to STV and in the south area. So yeah could could easily set a hearth to somewhere like WPL and be able to go anywhere in EK quick :P. But as a warrior, I just had hearth in SW (obv) and used the twilight highlands portal for getting north, and dark portal portal for getting to south edge, though often I'd get ones in duskwood/blasted lands on the way to STV so I'd end up just flying from SW down there.
    I used the zeppelin from gromgol to undercity quite frequent even tho I play alliance nowdays, worked like a charm

a few notes on arch. Since no matter what after a skillup of 100 it doesn't make sense to go to outland or northrend unless you're leveling arch with your toon. If you're 85, just stay in either EK or Kalimdor because it's less of a hassle to deal with mobs that aggro.

As a mage, horde-side, I set my hearth to Everlook to minimize how far I have to travel. Also there are a few addons that I felt not only sped up the process but made it kind of fun to do: Archy and Archaeology Helper. I found the link to Arch Helper somewhere on MMO-Champ so it shouldn't be too hard to track down. Bear in mind that both before and after you hit 100, whenever you "solve" an artifact you will gain around 5 skillups in arch., so if you save all of your segments til after 100 and just blow through artifacts you'll probably skillup 80-100 pts.

10+ Year Old Account
    U have to get flying guild perks... Buying some Potions of Deepholm(to get a portal to Orgrimmar and them to Uldum/Hyjal) and set your healthstone in Mulgore, If u're a horde, obviously...

Good Tol'vir and NE farming!

step 1 : Download a bot
    step 2 : keep sanity intact
    Step 3: ?????
    step 4 : profit.

either that or dont bother with it at all, i've spent multiple days worth of /played farming archeology and still only have about half the stuff. i really wish i could get my time back ><

10+ Year Old Account
    It went rather fast for me because I had my eyes on all those epics/mounts I could get.

I would suggest heading to Outland at 300 if your only goal is hitting 525 as quickly as possible. The continent is extremely small and it's very fast moving from digsite to digsite. Despite the artifacts all requiring ~45 fragments to solve, they pretty much all have a keystone slot, so it basically works out the same as many of the non-keystone solves in Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Psii View Post
    Oh good god, they're making it WORSE
    Frigging dumbest profession ever.
    Not really. The diminished point-up rate for digging to 100 made it excruciating to get there; you'll actually get to 100 faster now. Plus with the 200 fragment limit, they needed to move the digging max down.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Get ArcheologyHelper and GatherMate2 (or Archy) and stay on Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor. Depending on your faction and class, u will have different means of transport available, but sticking to the Dwarf, Fossil, NE and Troll artefacts will definately be the fastest option. Plus you can try to find keystones on the AH, but I wouldn't recommend that right now, for the prices are sick.