Deleted

Heroic Maloriak 10

Had a quick coupla hours look at this boss last night, and we're having a couple of issues. (prot pala, prot war, moonkin, mage, lock, huntard, ele shammy, hpally, rshammy, holy priest

Dark phase is fine, we usually have the adds down on time with a couple of seconds left to dps the boss before the new phase starts. Tank healing was a problem to start, but I think thats sorted now.

However the red/blue phases are where our problems begin. Basically the adds tank (prot pally, fully normal raid geared) is being gimped with 6-8 adds on him. He's trying kiting and stuff, but as I understood it you should just be able to sit and tank out of them? This usually leads to a wipe when we're entering the first green phase.

We're getting there with the boss on around 70%, so I don't think we have the dps to spare to really kill more than 1 add (which is what we're doing at the moment)

Help/tips appreciated

Deleted
    You said it, kite the adds. 9 adds hurt like hell (due to them being stronger the more there are near). The only time you stop and tank them is in green phase (when their buff is gone).

A warrior with glyphed piercing howl would probably be optimal.

I killed Maloriak on hard mode, here's some tips.
    You're not able to sit and tank them, at least no when it's 6+ of them. They will one shot tank if there's 9. You need to kite. I'm a hunter and what I did is to have entrapement specced and put frost and snake trap on every cd to help tank kite them. Your hunter should use trap launcher glyph for reduced focus cost, he will use it at least 20 times per fight. Both trap will trigger entrapement for few sec, benefit of frost trap is obvious. You have lock who can stun them, you have mage who can use ring of frost, use them. Try to time ring of frost when green phase is about to come so you have them rooted in spot for easier aoe. Warr tank for kiting able to intervene and heroic leap is great benefit altough we used DK and he did great job. Hope this helps.

Deleted
    Thanks, should work better on monday with those tips. The one thing that worries me is that the shammy is currently on the aberrations interrupts, and the warrior tank on arcane storms. As tankadins don't have rebuke (yet) I'm not sure how we'll handle the interrupts. Is counterspell (24 sec cd) enough to deal with arcane storms? I guess the other option would be to have the resto shammy spec into hit and do the interrupts, but that's going to be risky as he's tank healing (and means we cant swap him out for a 2nd holy paladin) Any ideas?