Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Probably because it's his claim to fame. Just a shot in the dark there but, seems to me like he's one of the people that should've stopped playing a long time ago.

---------- Post added 2011-02-05 at 03:18 AM ----------

How much do you earn on this and what does this "job" entail? I'm not trying to be snide with you, don't missunderstand, I sincerely want to know.
    You can't know, it's NDAed. Plus it's pretty rude to ask people how much they earn.

Because nostalgia makes people stupid.
    A nice catch-all no-effort phrase, useful for derailing debates.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post
    Why is it bad that you're forced to do boring content in order to unlock less boring content which is actually the same content but trickier?
    So basically what your saying is we should have to gear up for heroic modes or unlock them and just be able to enter them from the start? Sounds good to me. That way we won't get burned out on the easy stuff and then get bored of the trickier rehash instantly. It also truly separates casual activities from hardcore activities. Casuals get normal modes to enjoy since the start while hardcore people prolly muddle their way bored to death through the normal modes to finally unlock the thing they've been trying to do the whole time.

Because it's my job and once there was a time I really dug what this game had to offer?
    Your shout-craft stuff is very good, as well as some of the WTF is (Insert Game) stuff. I'm just saying if you're so stressed and frustrated with WoW and the people that play it, you have a very good selection of other stuff on your channel to keep people happy

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime View Post
    Why does this always turn into HOW FUCKING GREAT BC WAS. I have talked to quite a few people about how it was "back then" and if you were in a top end guild a large majority of the content was little to no trouble for them, save sunwell.
    At the risk of being claimed of trolling.... Umadbro?

This so far does not seem to me as 'ohhhh BC was wonderful' as much as it seems to be 'WOTLK was subpar.'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Indeed, is it a potato or ball sack?
    isnt it a biscuit?

From the expression "Tea and biscuits" usually associated to the UK population and the 5 o'clock tea?

Sorry if this is ignorant but seems...logical i dunno.

also: totalBISCUIT....

Quote Originally Posted by kaouthakis View Post

This so far does not seem to me as 'ohhhh BC was wonderful' as much as it seems to be 'WOTLK was subpar.'
    I'm talking about difficulty wise. That's all I care about, and even in vanilla the people who were spending all the time on raids were the people who weren't that great, if you were in a high end guild most of the content could be downed in a reasonable amount of time. Overtuned fights like cthun could only be defeated by bugs until it was nerfed is not an example of difficulty.

*I'm talking about the people who clam they are harcore for spending 9+(exaggeration) in raids in vanilla.
    Last edited by sabrelime; 2011-02-05 at 02:23 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't know, it's NDAed. Plus it's pretty rude to ask people how much they earn.
    Why is it "NDA"ed?
    Are you ashamed of your "job"? I wouldn't know any other reason someone wouldn't want to discuss their job or their pay for doing it. Maybe you should stop working with something you hate so much and don't want to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    You are forgetting that they were in mostly ToC 25 man gear at the 5% buff, you were talking about 30% buff with most people in mostly 264 gear. And even if the was disregarded, it was only because the Lich King used pseudo-challenging abilities that weren't so much hard as gear intensive. The entire design of 25 man HM LK was let's give this boss a shit ton of health, super damaging abilties. It's just like Singy HM, where the only thing that makes it in any way challenging is how hard Frost Breath hits.
    Yes, people were totally in ToC 25 gear. Except for the fact that the gating the ICC bosses. Don't forget the weeks leading up to guilds actually killing Sindra/Putri/BQL to unlock Lich King on hard mode. Don't kid yourself, raids fighting that boss had full ICC25 normal gear, and quite a bit of 277 gear. Oh, and the fact that they had to wait for the 5% buff only further proves my point that it was a difficult boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if you'll read this TB, but if people being d*cks has affected your health, that is a truly sad indictment of human nature. Do people really have nothing better to do, or are small-minded enough, to slag off somebody who puts so much effort in to producing informative and amusing videos of a game they play? Rhetorical question there I guess. I loved your beta videos and continue to catch up with your Azeroth Daily vids when I get a chance. Don't let the b*stards grind you down!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    So basically what your saying is we should have to gear up for heroic modes or unlock them and just be able to enter them from the start? Sounds good to me. That way we won't get burned out on the easy stuff and then get bored of the trickier rehash instantly. It also truly separates casual activities from hardcore activities. Casuals get normal modes to enjoy since the start while hardcore people prolly muddle their way bored to death through the normal modes to finally unlock the thing they've been trying to do the whole time.
    Why would hardcore top-notch players feel troubled by completely normal modes, that by their standards, are really easy? Strange logic.

Why is it "NDA"ed?
    Are you ashamed of your "job"? I wouldn't know any other reason someone wouldn't want to discuss their job or their pay for doing it. Maybe you should stop working with something you hate so much and don't want to talk about.
    Why it NDAed? Ask Google.

Hey, let's risk massive legal implications because some random guy on the internet thinks he can bait me into breaking a contract.

You want to know how much I make? Enough to justify dealing with this bullshit.

Pretty much this, which is standard practice in video-game development. The games that lock out harder difficulties are in the minority and it's bad development practice to do so anyway.

Deleted
    Nice Quote mine btw

Anyway are you arguing that the fights suck or that they weren't hard? ICC was hard if you didn't get the hand hold buff. TOGC hms' were actually fun and hard at the same time honestly. That made them much more enjoyable then say the skull crushing difficulty of something like Twilight council HM or Omnitron HM. They probably could have been harder, but, it was a pretty good balance.
    Me and My guild did most of the icc heroic stuff without the buff, with the exception of Sindragosa and Lich king, because you had to be fairly lucky on those fights to pull it off without it.
    Why?
    Your healer or offtank is pickup or frozen? DEAD.

Quote Originally Posted by kaouthakis View Post

Lets not turn this into an expansion debate..but as a whole, BC wasn't quite as impressive as Wotlk. As a WHOLE. Its not even an opinion its a fact. Just as a whole it introduced more things to the game (phasing, things other than kill quests, cutscenes, heirlooms, etc) than BC did. They put more effort into it and a lot of things we use every day in Cata are from Wotlk. So lets not cast it off as "subpar" just cuz we wanna.

Why it NDAed? Ask Google.

Hey, let's risk massive legal implications because some random guy on the internet thinks he can bait me into breaking a contract.

You want to know how much I make? Enough to justify dealing with this bullshit.
    It's your choice to respond to these threads, I don't know why you think you need to.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well from his content he has released after December seventh (Cataclysm launch) it has all been low level stuff like "daily grind" where he quests in lvl 30 zones and talks about blue posts and rants about mail people send him... from what I've seen on his Youtube channel I wouldn't doubt him only being level 81... I also hate with how he criticizes heroic and raid content for being too easy when he hasn't killed Algalon, Halion, Singragosa or The Lich Kind in 10 or 25 Regular LOLOLOLOL

I'm talking about difficulty wise.
    In that context, it does make a certain amount of sense that people who determine wotlk content to be subpar would also want a return to the indeed higher difficulty level of TBC content. Was most of TBC necessarily a 'problem' as far as difficulty? No, but that doesn't mean it isn't better than wrath. This isn't about overall difficulty as much as it is about relative difficulty, IMO. If you want a hard game, go play I Wanna Be the Guy.

Oh, and Bombkirby, I am solely talking about end-game PvE content. I have no doubts that overall Wrath was a better expansion.
    Last edited by kaouthakis; 2011-02-05 at 02:27 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why is it "NDA"ed?
    Are you American? Apart from any legal implications, in England asking someone how much they get paid is considered vulgar.

as mentioned earlier, he has contacts in guilds that are high on progression etc.
    if he is saying "wrath was easy" well thats his oppinion (and he will say "in my oppinion bla bla bla etc etc etc) end of the day, hes providing a show hes not gonna say "oo 31% of the wow population who play over 27 hours a week and wear Y fronts and own rabbits think that wrath was too easy" is he now..

Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    It's your choice to respond to these threads, I don't know why you think you need to.
    The thread had nothing to do with asking me to break NDAs until very recently so I dunno what it is you're trying to get at here.

I also hate with how he criticizes heroic and raid content for being too easy
    He didn't criticise heroic content for being too easy, he criticised normal modes, which they are.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    Don't know if you'll read this TB, but if people being d*cks has affected your health, that is a truly sad indictment of human nature. Do people really have nothing better to do, or are small-minded enough, to slag off somebody who puts so much effort in to producing informative and amusing videos of a game they play? Rhetorical question there I guess. I loved your beta videos and continue to catch up with your Azeroth Daily vids when I get a chance. Don't let the b*stards grind you down!
    It's one of the drawbacks of being well-known. If you can't take it, don't go there. TB takes unusually much flak, and I'm guessing it's because he's a "synical" brit.
    Reap what you sow.
    Feels a bit wrong to talk about someone that's reading this though...