Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalHalibut#p/u

You can go check out his stuff. He's doing a little bit in wow about some quests each week. Pretty much though other than azaroth daily you won't find much from him about WoW.

He has some good DCUO videos

Because in general, all I get in my Inbox is immature nonsense, entitled whining, demands and flames, I won't be responding to Youtube PMs anymore. Do not bother sending any, they won't be read. Time saved will be used to make better videos Comments will also not be read, the constructive feedback that was happening was being buried in mountains of shit. I even went as far as to download a Firefox addon that removes all Youtube comments. It's kinda peaceful actually. Make no mistake, I appreciate my fanbase and the vast, silent majority of perfectly normal, reasonable people in it, but unfortunately, you're being drowned out by the vocal minority of idiots. As I've mentioned it has had a negative effect on my health and drastic measures must now be taken to ensure I can continue to do my job. Shame it's come to this, but here we are.

Those asking about DC Universe. Yes I am playing it and I am now back to the exact point where the beta videos ended. PvP also now works and it's pretty neat. My name is DarkHalibut on the EU PvE server. I'd ask you please to keep in-game correspondence to a minimum so I can film for you guys.

I have reorganised the way my channel is set out into 4 playlists. This will allow people to choose the content they want to watch without having to dig through stuff they're not interested in. You can click one of 4 playlists, either WoW, Starcraft 2, DC Universe or General Gaming, to get access to the latest videos in that category. Playlist limit is apparently 200 videos, so not all of my WoW stuff is in there, but the latest 200 will be. If you just want to look at my uploads the old fashioned way, click uploads at the top of the page
    That's from his channel, and this also

TotalHalibut Ok, so I'm setting a date for Blue Plz! official return. It will not be today, it will be next week - Friday 11th February 2011 - I am hoping to actually get some playtime on WoW over the week to get things back in gear, not that it's really necessary for the show (I've done it while unsubbed before) but it will help. Anyway thanks for your patience folks, I am feeling better, though not 100% yet.
    (5 hours ago)

Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    His char is only level 81 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...biscuit/simple

I would expect from him at least full HC gear.. How can he comment on difficulty of Heroic and Raids when he dont have level for them?
    Also how can he say that WotLK was easy when he didnt kill any raid bosses on HC?
    You can always test the most needed stuff with premade chars on PTR, if Id have lil time (actually having it less and less) id test stuff on PTRs. You think reviewers play those games 100% on hardest diff when they review games? Hardly any editor does this, no time for that and its very easy to make you believe they/we do.
    Plus why care so much? He provided very nice stuff from Beta and PTRs.
    He delivers? Good, then buzz off and enjoy his vids.

Great Guy who spends alot of his time giving advice and putting information up for his fans, even if he is not raiding top hardcore bosses. He stills know more about them then most people. I wanna see the OP find time to raid and level while doing things for his fans.

How can he comment on cata heroics/raids? Did you not see all those videos he did while in beta?!

Anyway, as people have said, he has contacts in high ranking guilds and prolly many other sources he pulls his info from. If you see, most of the mails he responds to tend to be based on everything around raiding and PvP aside from the actual raiding and PvP (read: drama, philosophy, theorycrafting, etc). He did the guides during beta because there were very few people putting out quality guides, and now there's people who are better suited than him to do them (as he mentioned before many times, he quit hardcore raiding. Though I do remember him saying he wants to again, he had (and still has) health issues which have put forth the situation where he can't stress out as much as he did, and if you've ever done any serious raiding, you know how stressful it can be!)

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    How can he comment on cata heroics/raids? Did you not see all those videos he did while in beta?!

Anyway, as people have said, he has contacts in high ranking guilds and prolly many other sources he pulls his info from. If you see, most of the mails he responds to tend to be based on everything around raiding and PvP aside from the actual raiding and PvP (read: drama, philosophy, theorycrafting, etc). He did the guides during beta because there were very few people putting out quality guides, and now there's people who are better suited than him to do them (as he mentioned before many times, he quit hardcore raiding. Though I do remember him saying he wants to again, he had (and still has) health issues which have put forth the situation where he can't stress out as much as he did, and if you've ever done any serious raiding, you know how stressful it can be!)

This mostly covers the issue.

My current workload demands that I work around 12-14 hours a day on video content. I am currently covering a lot of Starcraft 2 tournament broadcasting, as well as DC Universe, forthcoming Triple-A game releases and indie titles, plus a couple of forthcoming betas I can't talk about yet. I was also until recently having severe issues with reliably recording WoW, because let's be honest, it's an inefficiently coded mess that doesn't run well on anything. I do not have time to play. Azeroth Daily, which is my channel's major production right now, takes approximately 6 hours a day to put together to the standards I am happy with.

You do not, however, need to be playing to be able to report news or discuss current topics of interest. Facts are Facts, regardless of where they come from. I doubt anyone asks how much Bibi plays and whether or not that affects his ability to run a site, I don't see how it affects my ability to produce video content either.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post
    This mostly covers the issue.

My current workload demands that I work around 12-14 hours a day on video content. I am currently covering a lot of Starcraft 2 tournament broadcasting, as well as DC Universe, forthcoming Triple-A game releases and indie titles, plus a couple of forthcoming betas I can't talk about yet. I was also until recently having severe issues with reliably recording WoW, because let's be honest, it's an inefficiently coded mess that doesn't run well on anything. I do not have time to play. Azeroth Daily, which is my channel's major production right now, takes approximately 6 hours a day to put together to the standards I am happy with.

You do not, however, need to be playing to be able to report news or discuss current topics of interest. Facts are Facts, regardless of where they come from. I doubt anyone asks how much Bibi plays and whether or not that affects his ability to run a site, I don't see how it affects my ability to produce video content either.
    It doesn't and your avatar has probably made babies cry.

I mean, crap man that thing looks angry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unkn0wnerr0r View Post
    It doesn't and your avatar has probably made babies cry.

Indeed, is it a potato or ball sack?
    "The truth, my goal."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiushtha View Post
    How can anyone who was born after WW2 say that Hitler was evil?
    How can you be sure that if you stay underwater for 10min without breathing aparatusses you wont drown?
    I didnt kill LKhc (did kill Halion hc however) but i still consider the game rater easy. Its still move out of X and stand in Y to get Z.
    Common sense mechanics are not hard, unless you lack said sense.
    ^ this
    /end thread
    My name is Legion, for we are many

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    I thought it was a cookie. It could be like the most angry potato ever. Yet it does have a very stylish top hat, and a nifty monocle so hey.

15+ Year Old Account
    Darn sorry to hear he has been sick.. I do like his videos also :P

Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post
    I was also until recently having severe issues with reliably recording WoW, because let's be honest, it's an inefficiently coded mess that doesn't run well on anything.
    Lol? Are you kidding me?
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

From what i know he plays alot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was a cookie. It could be like the most angry potato ever. Yet it does have a very stylish top hat, and a nifty monocle so hey.
    Whatever it is, it has more class and style than I do.
    "The truth, my goal."

Who cares.Total biscuit=win.

On his youtube channel 7 hours ago

"TotalHalibut: Ok, so I'm setting a date for Blue Plz! official return. It will not be today, it will be next week - Friday 11th February 2011 - I am hoping to actually get some playtime on WoW over the week to get things back in gear, not that it's really necessary for the show (I've done it while unsubbed before) but it will help. Anyway thanks for your patience folks, I am feeling better, though not 100% yet."

Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    His char is only level 81 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...biscuit/simple

I would expect from him at least full HC gear.. How can he comment on difficulty of Heroic and Raids when he dont have level for them?
    Also how can he say that WotLK was easy when he didnt kill any raid bosses on HC?
    Who cares?

10+ Year Old Account

You could almost say it looks...

Cynical.

YEEEEAAAAHHHHHH
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad View Post
    Lol? Are you kidding me?
    I would hope so. I've seen WoW run on computers that very little else will. It's probably just not doing exactly what he wants it to do every second of every day, so it is both flawed and unworthy of his time and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad View Post
    Lol? Are you kidding me?
    No, no I am not. The misconception is 'WoW runs on anything!'. Yes it does... badly. It is badly optimised, doesn't scale properly with current hardware, has a bunch of random issues all over the place, areas of the world where you get huge framerate drops for no visible reason and add into that the significant load of recording at a consistent framerate for long periods of time and you have a recipe for disaster.

I should note there are only 2 games that ever drop frames while FRAPsing on my computer (which is a 4.1 ghz hexacore 980x machine with 12gb 2000mhz tri-channel RAM, SLIed Geforce 580s, running WoW on a current generation SSD) and those are both by Blizzard, Starcraft 2 and World of Warcraft. I can FRAPs Crysis in 1080p on Max detail without it breaking a sweat but have it drop frames in WoW in 720p. Go figure.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Looks like a magnifying glass to me ^^