Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The ruins in Mt. Hyjal...Where did they come from?

In the locations of Hyjal where the Alliance and Horde bases were, during the Battle at the Summit of Hyjal...I don't believe those ancient night elf ruins existed, but now they've popped up all over the place in the areas where those bases used to exist.

Did the Night elves attempt to rebuild, then instantly the Twilight came and crumbled everything again? /sarcasmish

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop trying to be a Red Shirt Guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    Owned, oh my god I cant stop laughing.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    LAWLAWLAWLAWL

no but really serious face they didnt expect you to notice that...

LAWLAWLAWLAWL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GJ7eueZ1wY
    edit: for anybody who hasnt seen that and wants a good laugh
    Last edited by erotix; 2011-02-05 at 12:52 AM. Reason: add video

Deleted
    So anyone who wants some clarification about some odd things considering Lore is now a wannabe-red shit guy?

Really, grow up or go somewhere else.

The cataclysm put them there, it's so obvious! They popped out of the sea, flew through the air, and, BAM, hyjal

True story!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducka View Post
    So anyone who wants some clarification about some odd things considering Lore is now a wannabe-red shit guy?

Really, grow up or go somewhere else.
    There's a difference between trying to get some clarification about some odd things in lore ("Hey, in the book it said Falstad would be in the Council. But in the game, Kurdran is in his place."), and being silly by pointing out something that obviously doesn't really make an impact on lore or anything.

The un-instanced version of Ahn'Qiraj that you see when you just fly over it is slightly different than the instanced version you see when you're in the instance. Obviously something is wrong with the lore and this needs to be fixed.

ok instead of smugly condescending, does anyone know? I'm curious about this too, because I'm curious about this. thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjingle View Post
    ok instead of smugly condescending, does anyone know? I'm curious about this too, because I'm curious about this. thanks!
    no i dont know.

10+ Year Old Account
    The un-instanced version of Ahn'Qiraj that you see when you just fly over it is slightly different than the instanced version you see when you're in the instance. Obviously something is wrong with the lore and this needs to be fixed.
    That isn't lore. Same place in time(back a few years give or take). Lore goes with the storyline. OP's post had to do with past events and current events.

I didn't think the river leading to the Well of Eternity was that long either....<.< >.>

Deleted
    There's a difference between trying to get some clarification about some odd things in lore ("Hey, in the book it said Falstad would be in the Council. But in the game, Kurdran is in his place."), and being silly by pointing out something that obviously doesn't really make an impact on lore or anything.

Who said something about fixing? Either way he could've just tried giving an answer if he knew rather than posting an useless lame comment.

to the OP:
    I believe I read somewhere that there was quite some years between the end of WOTLK and beginning of Cataclysm lorewise. So in the meantime perhaps they rebuild it and then Deathwing and his cultists came along?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, for anyone seeking a real answer: Try looking for a video of what Hyjal looked like before Cataclysm (No, not the CoT instanced version, the actual Mount Hyjal). Correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't seen that place in a while, but I'm almost certain there were none of those Horde buildings or scourge buildings or anything like that in the normal Hyjal before Cataclysm. Just Night Elven ruins. So yeah, pretty sure Blizzard just shrugged it off and said "Eh, nobody will care." with this one.

If you go to the battle for mount hyjal in tanaris, you will see, if you go around the place, there are, in fact, ruins of night elf structures. Don't forget the original sundering of the planet, hyjal wasn't a mountain. The mountain erupted out of the ground, and elves, dwarves, and trolls were the predominant races of the time. Hence there are troll areas everywhere and hence why there are elven ruins EVERYWHERE. There were ruins there in the BC raid in almost the same place as in the current zone. They did redesign some things, but as always, that battle happened something like, what, 15 ish game years ago? It is a night elf place, and the cataclysm could have wrecked them (new ruins).

So, to translate... YOUR TOPIC ISN'T IMPORTANT ENOUGH FOR AN ANSWER!!!

Did I get that right?

I believe that WoW is a game and not real. Therefore the developers can do anything they like. Does every part of the game have to have a background story, or can we just enjoy what is there right now? Seriously people...
    5% of people think. 10% of people think they think. The other 85% of people would rather die than think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obuld View Post
    I didn't think the river leading to the Well of Eternity was that long either....<.< >.>
    ^ Do you people not see this guy is kidding?

Serious answer: Mount Hyjal was an under-developed zone, only used for 2 reasons: The finale of warcraft 3 and a reinactment raid in TBC.

With Cataclysm, the zone needed fleshing out in the same way as other zones were when they were translated from WC3 to WoW. This may mean making more interesting geographical locations to new lore. :-)

If the WoW designers were on this forum, this is the answer they would give to your question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So, to translate... YOUR TOPIC ISN'T IMPORTANT ENOUGH FOR AN ANSWER!!!

Did I get that right?
    Not at all. You were way off. I would translate it more into: "This guy is obviously joking, and not looking for a serious answer, therefore I did not give a serious answer."

Also, what Erotix said. They didn't expect you to notice that.

It doesn't matter, it makes no impact on anything, it's just a simple change they made that they didn't think anyone would notice or comment on because it simply doesn't make any difference.
    Last edited by Goldrinn; 2011-02-05 at 01:10 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Silly goose.