Deleted

what is the ignite bug?

so i have been wondering about this a while now. EJ just states that you sometimes lose up to 50% of your potential ignite damage due to this, but i don't get how it works. i have checked the stickies and checked up to 3 pages back, but i cannot find it.

something like: If you have a big crit, and then a smaller crit within like .5 seconds, the ignite of the first (bigger) crit will be lost, aka "munched". But it's been there for 6 years now, just don't think about it, because it won't be changed anytime soon
    Champion of the Naaru Hand of A'dal Ambassador Elder Merrymaker Chef Knight-Lieutenant Korred, the red mage, of the Nightfall, the Twilight Vanquisher, the Explorer, the Hallowed, the Argent Champion, Guardian of Cenarius, Jenkins, the Undying.

Don't be afraid of the end of the world (of warcraft). Be afraid of the unlived life.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korred View Post
    something like: If you have a big crit, and then a smaller crit within like .5 seconds, the ignite of the first (bigger) crit will be lost, aka "munched". But it's been there for 6 years now, just don't think about it, because it won't be changed anytime soon
    erm you know the vid greatshock used his 100% crit eq to create a 170k ignite tick?...this was in wotlk...so it was obviously stackin back thenw asnt it?

i can post it if you want, but wont search is without request

The Problem is not that it's not stacking, it's that some big crits getting munched because a small crit (e.g. LB, FFB dot, etc) can overwrite it if it occures in a specific timeframe -> see Ano's link for the details.
    Champion of the Naaru Hand of A'dal Ambassador Elder Merrymaker Chef Knight-Lieutenant Korred, the red mage, of the Nightfall, the Twilight Vanquisher, the Explorer, the Hallowed, the Argent Champion, Guardian of Cenarius, Jenkins, the Undying.

Don't be afraid of the end of the world (of warcraft). Be afraid of the unlived life.

The theorycraft brigade over at EJ (okay, mostly just Maje) is making slow but steady progress modeling Ignite and the various workarounds Blizzard's implemented to correct and mitigate lost damage. It's pretty complicated actually... at this point you don't need to make any changes in your playstyle to accomodate it, simply because we don't exactly know how it works.