Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I have no clue on DK/Druid/Paladin tanking at 85 - or well, I tank 10 mans with a DK, and even at 80 I had clue only of Druid and Warrior tanking. Seriously though, warrior tanking is easy as hell. Druid tanking at 80 was easy as hell too. I can basically smash my hands on a pile of abilities and succeed if the boss/trash mechanics are tank and spank + I need to keep track of Shield Block, Thunder clap and Demoralizing shout, but they all have 30s duration or cd so whatever, not hard.

Warrior tanks have tons of utility you can use in some fights, like adds on Maloriak, but they don't really make the class hard. What shockwave/heroic leap/intervene/intercept/intimidating shout/charge do is make me want to play warrior since there's just a ton of more interesting tricks I can do compared to what I could do back when I tanked with my druid in WotLK instead of faction changing the warrior.
    Last edited by mmoc4515b91cb7; 2011-02-06 at 10:25 PM.

There wasnt a choice in wrath. Blood was far, far superior for every encounter. In terms of progression raiding, nothing has changed in that regard. I never even thought of going frost because all I would have been doing was gimping my raid.

Also: IT PS HS DS HS DS HS HS HS HS repeating wasn't exactly a fun rotation. At all. It was dead boring. At least now we have to keep SF up while trying not to clip blood shields and also getting the maximum possible heal from DS. It's easy to distinguish a good DK from a bad DK now just by how much healing they do, whereas in wrath the good were nearly exactly the same as the bad.

I like it a lot more.

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adalwolf View Post

2. That said, Death Knights were the weakest tanks in Wrath. By "weak", don't understand worthless, the main tank on our 2nd 25-man group was a Death Knight and that group had 11/12 Heroic bosses down in ICC. But Warriors, Paladins and Druids were all better tanks than Death Knights.
    Wrong. In ICC we were excellent. Druids were beating us very slightly, but we were better than paladins and far, far better than warriors (who were at the bottom of the list by a decent margin). We were possibly the best main tanks for heroic lich king because of our cooldowns for Soul Reaper. DK tanks were only terrible late ulduar - the end of TOGC (HUGE OVERNERF QQ).

Deleted
    "MOST of the people you still see playing their DKs today actually know what they're doing."

Lol , I've seen one! :P

Nowt wrong with bear tanking, I still enjoy it lots!

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior still seems like the most fun tank to play followed by dk then pally. I like bear tanks but they have always been to simplified which makes them boring as hell.