Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The UI in Rift is fully customizable without the need for addons. You can't complain about it in that sense TBH. Also, it's extremely similar to WoW's, so if you're complaining about the Rift UI, you obviously have the same problem with WoW. If you're complaining about it's layout, you obviously didn't experiment with the customise feature.

People are so defensive over WoW it makes me sick. The biast and one-sided-ness around here is thick, heavy, and unnecessary. Rift is a new MMO, deal with it, sheesh.

...people think there's a conspiracy to destroy WoW and they're fun. It's just discussion, on a suitable website, in a suitable forum section, by "mostly" suitable people...
    "Knowledge talks, Wisdom listens."

RIFT: Shard= Whitefall EU, Character= Lathiel, Class= Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    Unless you're talking about their return in Blackwing Descent, in which case Nefarian never actually died and Onyxia is nothing more than a mindless zombie.
    Yes, I am talking about their return in BWD. Onyxia did have some to do with lore as one of the spawn of Deathwing, but that is aside the point. As for Nefarian, Blackwing Lair was merely a setback?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glomp View Post
    Unfortunately the newer generation of gamers have evolved into "CoD gamers" who are impressed by shiny graphics and a recycled or non-existing storyline.
    As an old school gamer who grew up playing games that had no lore and had a blast doing it, some of us don't need the crutch of story to make our games good. I wish more games would just scrap the long cut scenes and get to the game already. CoD actually has a decent story behind it, but it's the action that takes centre stage.

Quote Originally Posted by z3r082 View Post
    So you admit the storyline is bad since onyxia has nothing to do with it, yet is in content. so the game is bad. your words not mine. and you also admit that content is being recycled. not your greatest come back, im sure.
    ...what?

I have no idea how you came up with any of that. Onyxia being bumped to 80 has nothing to do with the storyline, so the game is fine.

And the content wasn't recycled, characters were brought back from earlier storylines to add to Cataclysm's.

Not your most intelligent post, I'm sure.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

Deleted
    Lathiel i defend wow because i like it,i dont like rift its a poormans wow its rubbish just the travel system they have (lack of it) put me off.Freedom of speech FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Yes, I am talking about their return in BWD. Onyxia did have some to do with lore as one of the spawn of Deathwing, but that is aside the point. As for Nefarian, Blackwing Lair was merely a setback?
    I lold.

Blizzard even re-added hogger "forest was setback" its a joke they made. unfortunately i see it as an actual joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    As an old school gamer who grew up playing games that had no lore and had a blast doing it, some of us don't need the crutch of story to make our games good. I wish more games would just scrap the long cut scenes and get to the game already. CoD actually has a decent story behind it, but it's the action that takes centre stage.
    I don't dislike CoD, it's just an observation :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Hardly being defensive, Mr. Defensive. Merely citing an instance in which content has been recycled.
    Well *put on wizard hat* Onyxia have died once in lore. WE didn't kill her. It was Varian. Nefarian died by heroes hands (aka us). And how many times doesn't story's have a plot twist when one villain who was presumed dead is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by ccnnl View Post
    i defend wow because i like it,i dont like rift its a poormans wow its rubbish just the travel system they have (lack of it) put me off.Freedom of speech FTW
    post number2. first of all welcome to forums
    Secondly, there is a huge travel system in rift, you can even get mounts and lvl 1 (atm) We havn't seen all the content yet, max level content isn't available. So you can't say there is a lack of something you havn't experienced. the content available doesnt need a travel system lol. its tiny, cause its beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r082 View Post
    post number2. first of all welcome to forums
    Secondly, there is a huge travel system in rift, you can even get mounts and lvl 1 (atm) We havn't seen all the content yet, max level content isn't available. So you can't say there is a lack of something you havn't experienced. the content available doesnt need a travel system lol. its tiny, cause its beta.
    huge travel system WHERE i have experienced it i am in the beta and believe me from where i was questing back to meridan took ages.if you preorder the game you will be able to play on the 24th so they better hurry up and add some travel into the game...P.s now my third post yipeeee
    Last edited by mmoc9a285e38dd; 2011-02-06 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccnnl View Post
    Lathiel i defend wow because i like it
    Yeah, that's fine. People can defend WoW without it causing problems, I do too, since I still think WoW is probably going to be better than Rift. The point I was trying to make is when it turns into overly defensive-ness, where people are getting aggressive and are just out-right telling people they're "wrong" even though this is all entirely revolving around opinions and views, and forever will do.

But this just sounds like I'm trying to change people now... so to go back on topic:

I love WoW. I think it is currently the BEST MMO out there.
    Rift looks great. It plays great. I'm playing the beta and I like what I see.
    I will be buying it. But I STILL think that WoW will be better until I've seen all Rift has to offer.
    I just want to try something new and fresh, cos I've been playing WoW for years.
    "Knowledge talks, Wisdom listens."

RIFT: Shard= Whitefall EU, Character= Lathiel, Class= Mage

Deleted
    i like it EXCEPT for the graphics. this may sound stupid, but i actually LOVE wow's graphics, especially the colors. newer games all have those "colorless" graphics :/
    just my opinion ofc...

Got a Beta 6 invite this weekend. I have not had much time to play yet. But from what I have seen so far I really like the detail of the character creation menu. It reminds me a lot of Morrowind and Oblivion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mööh View Post
    Well *put on wizard hat* Onyxia have died once in lore. WE didn't kill her. It was Varian. Nefarian died by heroes hands (aka us). And how many times doesn't story's have a plot twist when one villain who was presumed dead is alive.
    And I don't deny that one bit. It's a little hard to be resurrected without a head, which we've put on pikes and hung in SW/Org many times.

I tried the Beta, and it's exactly the same feel as WoW, just more buggy (beta is beta, i know) but having the same feeling that I've had for 6 years, re-experienced isn't exactly worth the time.

All RIFT has, is graphics, but graphics does not make the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest selling point for me, leading me into getting the CE pre-order, was the rift spawns. Even though I did HUNDREDS, they are still fun to hunt for with your guild mates. Hoping the others in my WoW guild who are playing it will join with me. I'll still play WoW for raiding, but nothing else, really. Dailies and mat farming don't really hold much weight with me.

Both WoW and Rift are GREAT, GREAT games.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing stopping me trying out RIFT is the money issue. Otherwise I would give it a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo View Post
    The only thing stopping me trying out RIFT is the money issue. Otherwise I would give it a try.
    Unless they no longer have any beta events, you can get a free VIP beta key from many websites. ZAM for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    i like it EXCEPT for the graphics. this may sound stupid, but i actually LOVE wow's graphics, especially the colors. newer games all have those "colorless" graphics :/
    just my opinion ofc...
    You havn't seen enough of the game then. there are some amazing colors. wow is a cartoon and i have grown bored of it.

this is just a guess, i don't know for fact obviously, maybe your computer doesn't run it so well. i have mine on ultra on my 40" Hd tv. looks sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I've seen alot of MMOs these last couple of years that has had more to offer than RIFT.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water