Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A small mistake with the Engineering headpiece. You are calculating 2x Haste Cogwheel, though those are unique equipped, so you would have to go with 1 Haste, and choose another one for the second socket.
    I havent played yesterday so I dont know if that has been changed with the patch, if so, ignore this comment :P But iirc the cogwheels are still unique equipped.

Many thanks to Mystyka for creating my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Yes but with how our mastery works, this really isn't true. Our Mastery is complete RNG and I found myself completely wasting the mirrors proc, which does nothing for us unless we get a shadow orb.
    Most of the time you can abuse the proc by refreshing Empowered Shadows a second before the proc runs out, getting an extra ~14 seconds of awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeronwy View Post
    A small mistake with the Engineering headpiece. You are calculating 2x Haste Cogwheel, though those are unique equipped, so you would have to go with 1 Haste, and choose another one for the second socket.
    I havent played yesterday so I dont know if that has been changed with the patch, if so, ignore this comment :P But iirc the cogwheels are still unique equipped.
    Good catch. I'll fix/update it when I get home tonight. Thanks for pointing it out!
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Deleted
    Is this list relevant or its just a first draft for 4.0.6 ?

Quote Originally Posted by thablalrock View Post
    Is this list relevant or its just a first draft for 4.0.6 ?
    It is relevant. I'm using the latest "positive" numbers that New has posted from Simucraft with 4.0.6 changes. A new version of Simucraft has come out since then, and when new PP values are established I will update the list with them.

---------- Post added 2011-02-10 at 09:19 AM ----------

I would also like to note that I'm aware of a bug in the proposed RedGem + BlueGem + 20int Bonus gemmings saying to have 2 red instead of 1 red 1 blue (40+40 vs 40+20+20+spirit). I'll be fixing this tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Good catch. I'll fix/update it when I get home tonight. Thanks for pointing it out!
    Thanks for the great effort A very handy list!

Many thanks to Mystyka for creating my signature!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    How in gods name is Hymnal over Stump when they are the same thing but Stump is higher numbers???

Gah, you guys beat on my Stump like it's a rented mule!

Wait, that sounds bad, doesn't it...
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    How in gods name is Hymnal over Stump when they are the same thing but Stump is higher numbers???
    Yeah, how? Unless they have different ICD's, I don't see how Hymnal is better than Stump.

Also, this list seems to be vastly different than what Shadowpriest.com had...They had Heart of Ignacious at #4, while this list has it at #11. Eh??
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Yeah, how? Unless they have different ICD's, I don't see how Hymnal is better than Stump.

Also, this list seems to be vastly different than what Shadowpriest.com had...They had Heart of Ignacious at #4, while this list has it at #11. Eh??
    I don't believe SP.com list has been updated in awhile. This list has been updated for 4.0.6
    Always look on the bright side of life

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post

Gah, you guys beat on my Stump like it's a rented mule!

Wait, that sounds bad, doesn't it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post

Hymnal has a 45sec ICD (maths on this trinket were done in the Trinket BiS thread a few days ago). For Stump of Time, I can't remember what ICD I used in my calculations but I know that it is at least 75 seconds, maybe pushing 90. There's a lot of debate about Stump's ICD right now as no one has been able to nail down if the ICD starts when the proc wears off or if it starts as soon as it procs. If it ends up being 75seconds between procs, then the PP value represented in the list above is about 10PP too low. With that being said, however, adding 10PP is not enough to overtake Hymnal in either total non-hit PP or total hit PP.

As for the lists being different, I detailed my reasonings for creating my own BiS list in another thread (Trinkets?). Basically, ShadowPriest.com's BiS list has a lot of issues with it: 1) Not all of the slots have gear above ilvl 359 included, 2) it is not updated to include hotfixes to items (such as Darkmoon Card: Volcano), 3) it uses old PP values from 4.0.3, 4) It does not compute reforging correctly last I checked (their list has reforging as 50%/50%, when it is really 60%/40%), 5) doesn't account for the "of the" items from TotFW. I really do hope that their BiS list gets updated as it gives another sanity check to players before making gearing decisions.

---------- Post added 2011-02-10 at 12:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zkzozrzn View Post
    is it still best to go with 4 piece? 359?
    i currently am using engi goggles, 4 piece hands,chest,pants,shoulders....but i recently got brackish gloves heroic, is it worth switching those in, until i get the heroic tier pieces?

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../bronan/simple
    Based on the numbers up there right now (NOTE: the engineering helm is going to drop slightly because of the double haste cogwheels being accounted for right now being replaced by either crit or mastery for one -- the difference will be about -14PP total from the current value listed),

Eng Helm (w/4pT11): 584.456 {Helm} + 389.5505 (+34.8702 hit) {T11 Shoulders} + 576.5823 {T11 Chest} + 417.2039 {T11 Gloves} + 538.898 (+44.2734 hit) {T11 Pants} + 141.478 {2p Bonus} + 70.25 {4p Bonus} = 2718.4187 (2797.5623 hit)

Eng Helm + H:Brackish Gloves (w/3pT11): 584.456 {Helm} + 389.5505 (+34.8702 hit) {T11 Shoulders} + 576.5823 {T11 Chest} + 437.1507 (+ 40.3554 hit) {Gloves} + 538.898 (+44.2734 hit) {T11 Pants} + 141.478 {2p Bonus} = 2738.3655 (2857.8645 hit)

Brackish Gloves (w/4pT11): 561.2612 {T11 helm} + 389.5505 (+34.8702 hit) {T11 Shoulders} + 576.5823 {T11 Chest} + 437.1507 (+ 40.3554 hit) {Gloves} + 538.898 (+44.2734 hit) {T11 Pants} + 141.478 {2p Bonus} + 70.25 {4p Bonus} = 2695.2239 (2814.7229 hit)

Because T11's 4piece bonus is so underwhelming, if you have an upgrade to replace one slot, go ahead and do it. In this particular case, the engineering helm+H:Brackish Gloves+3pT11 is your best gearing bet, *especially* if you use those 5 pieces to get a good chunk of hit.
    Last edited by Twintop; 2011-02-10 at 09:33 PM.

I appreciate the effort here. Big thanks.

thank you very much for your quick response twintop. i'm not currently going for hit cap, trying to stay around 13-14%, but i guess it really doesnt matter for the numbers you listed

Hi just had a couple of questions with regards to your list.

First up I noticed on a few bits of gear that are mastery/crit the values are created reforging mastery to haste, given the values in the stat weighting list why would you do this?

Second, was just about the stat weighting themselves there is a post over a wow insider about shadowpriest in 4.0.6 that advocates mastery being a higher weight than haste, Elistist Jerks main posts have not been updated but digging through the last few pages their stat values were again different to the ones here and from WoW insider (though they stated they were PTR values). Can you clarify the stat weights you have listed here? and if possible why WoW insiders contributor got it wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Most of the time you can abuse the proc by refreshing Empowered Shadows a second before the proc runs out, getting an extra ~14 seconds of awesomeness.
    Yeah, I always knew about this, but RNG burned me so much before 4.0.6. Now I'm loving the trinket. ^.^
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Monberaux View Post
    Hi just had a couple of questions with regards to your list.

First up I noticed on a few bits of gear that are mastery/crit the values are created reforging mastery to haste, given the values in the stat weighting list why would you do this?

Second, was just about the stat weighting themselves there is a post over a wow insider about shadowpriest in 4.0.6 that advocates mastery being a higher weight than haste, Elistist Jerks main posts have not been updated but digging through the last few pages their stat values were again different to the ones here and from WoW insider (though they stated they were PTR values). Can you clarify the stat weights you have listed here? and if possible why WoW insiders contributor got it wrong?
    The way my script is set up is not to just take the weakest stat and reforge it in to the strongest stat. Instead, it looks at the net gain by reforging. I.E.: if you have 90 mastery and 60 crit, but 0 haste, it will tell you to reforge mastery in to haste because you will get 54 mastery and 36 haste rather than 36 crit and 24 haste. In this case, the value differences are (assuming the given PP values):

Int = 1.0000
    Spirit = 0.3918
    Spell Power = 0.7765
    Hit = 0.3887
    Crit = 0.4395
    Haste = 0.5035
    Mastery= 0.4404

NO REFORGE: 90 * 0.4404 + 60 * 0.4395 + 0 * 0.5035 = 39.636 + 26.37 + 0 = 66.006
    Mastery -> Haste: 54 * 0.4404 + 60 * 0.4395 + 36 * 0.5035 = 23.7816 + 26.37 + 18.126 = 68.2776
    Crit -> Haste: 90 * 0.4404 + 36 * 0.4395 + 24 * 0.5035 = 39.636 + 15.822 + 12.084 = 67.542

As you can see, if you were to reforge from crit (the worst PP valued stat) to haste instead of mastery to haste, you'd lose out in 0.7356 PP, in this example. In some cases this could be quite a bit larger and for min/maxing every little bit counts.

As for Mastery now being above Haste in importance, I'd have to read the post you're talking about and get back to you.
    Last edited by Twintop; 2011-02-11 at 12:09 AM.

Okay, cool that makes perfect sense.

The post is titled "Top 7 shadow priest questions about patch 4.0.6" if you want to have a look. I can't provide a link as this is my second post ever.

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    As for Mastery now being above Haste in importance, I'd have to read the post you're talking about and get back to you.
    Fox van Allen simmed a gear set that had mastery with a higher stat value than haste.
    {[( )]}

http://chardev.org/?profile=36041

is the BIS make up I can come up with according to the 3 different sims i've run

Updated with fixes/changes.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is the latest on reaching hit cap, is that now recommended? From what I understand hit/spi still comes out lower than everything else...