Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Enchanting - Money Making?

So is there actually any way to make money as an enchanter apart from having a profession that makes cheap greens and DEing them? Since the change to DEing in Dungeons so everyone can use your skills even though they don't actually have it we have kinda lost our way to make money haven't we. Before the change we were of course "overpowered" in a profession sense.

I'm just unsure as to what this profession benefits over another one. I mean the 40 int is nice and all but its still not really that much better than any other profession buffs you get. I may be missing out on something huuuuuuuge, but what do you guys do or think on the matter?

Shouldn't we get some kind of the buff that Tailors get when they loot double the amount of cloth? Maybe we get double the mats when we win a roll?

I've made a lot of gold with enchanting. I can't tell you what to do, because your server/faction economy may differ from mine.

As with any profession, go through your recipe book while at an auction house. If you think something will sell, check the cost of mats vs. the cost of the item on the AH. Items with a high demand and little / no supply are best.

Don't be afraid to ask a hefty price. Too many people think that because they don't have gold, others don't either, and they put stuff up for pennies, thus ensuring their future poverty. The worst that can happen is it doesn't sell and you relist it the next day. Also, be patient.

There's only about 3 enchants that ever sell over the material price in the AH on my server. Most enchants are selling way below material price due to people leveling enchanting, and the max level recipes require epic shards which are so expensive that people are not willing to pay that much for the small benefit they offer over the cheaper alternatives. Other than that, I just bid on all the cheap greens, DE and sell whatever mats are left over after making the 3 selling enchants.

Deleted
    Most of the older enchants sell fine, just dont try and make cash off what people use to level enchanting.

If you haven't already, go back and complete all the quests through the Cata zones for the quest greens to DE and sell. It's not a sustainable resource, but it is very fast cash when you factor in quest reward greens / gold and all the drops you get along the way.

There are a few cata enchants that sell for profit on my server. Take some time to identify what sells well on yours.

The addition of some world-drop recipes in the next patch should help a lot. This will add more non-levelling recipes that have profit potential, at least for those lucky enough to find the drop, or who can afford the recipe from the AH.

Try selling crusade, +15,+25 agi enchants for toons , they are very easy to craft and sells really good.

I made quite a bit when I first leveled in Cata, by DE'ing all the green quest rewards. But, at the time, hypnotic dusts were selling for 25-30g each. A lot more than the 7-10g they average now.

I have been able to make some gold selling a few of the new Cata enchants. Particularly Heartsong, Hurricane, and Avalanche. I have also made a good amount of gold selling Executioner, from BC. I run a few BC instances weekly, and almost always have the mats for a couple of them. Seems like I can sell 2-3 a week for around 200g a pop.

Deleted
    Enchants used for heirlooms sell well, farm those old agility enchants and intellect enchants and even farm the mats for them. Put on scroll, put on AH, receive profit, GG

Deleted
    Enchanting - Money Making = Impossible. Never earned a single dime from Enchanting, maybe a couple of tips worth 10G, which basically is worth nothing.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Easy fix......drop chanting get herbalism.

Actually, if you add up the gold you made by disenchanting your soulbound gear after you hit maxed enchanting (when you get an upgrade for example), you've made quite a bit of money. If you don't sell your mats and use them to enchant yourself, you've basically got all your enchants for free, so you saved money.

Sure, it might be hard to make profit by either buying mats (or cheap greens) and selling scrolls, but if you've disenchanted tons of soulbound blues as well as a few epics since the beginning of the expansion, you've actually made a ton of gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't make gold with enchants fullstop.
    Got it since early TBC and never felt money making profession, most of the times the even a 10g fee seems too high and i'm getting "ok thnx", "lol", "nvm found someone else" responses.

Disenchanting can be profitable only while leveling when you have a lot of greens to DE and only if you sell the mats but his doesnt make any sense because you will need them for leveling enchanting.

If you look for a money making proff just look elsewhere, Insc,Alch/Herb seems to be the big moneymakers iatm

Quote Originally Posted by Archijs View Post
    Enchanting - Money Making = Impossible. Never earned a single dime from Enchanting, maybe a couple of tips worth 10G, which basically is worth nothing.
    You must be doin something wrong then, ive made my little stash of enchanting, in a sense. sure you need a brain and another alt, but thats easy done.
    http://tcgloot.freeforums.org/
    TCG Trading forum, seeing as blizzard took our old one away...

Deleted
    I can make a fortune on the AH from selling my mats. Cata and below. Greater Planar Essence = Gold. Arcane Dust = Gold.
    And you can still put up fun enchants like Flame Weapon or Mongoose. Still sells for quite a bit.

In the end you can supply your guild and get other stuff in return. My guild has an open mats policy. That works since we're pretty small and all decent people. Also if anybody starts to take more than he's giving (by a serious amount) he would lose privileges to use the ones people farm. Although that never happened so far.
    If you're looking for gold don't sell mats, sell the enchants. Often people are too lazy to wait for somebody in the guild to log on or search the tradechat. Avalanche sells pretty fast where I play. Huge supply and huge demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded5542 View Post
    You must be doin something wrong then, ive made my little stash of enchanting, in a sense. sure you need a brain and another alt, but thats easy done.
    Other professions can cash in without an alt and such. Have Herb/Alch or if you are lazy get Herb/Mining (forget raiding as most guilds won't let you near raids instances with 2 gathering professions) and you will feel like you are robbing a bank every day when you sweep in the money from your mailbox.

3 times hooray for Blizzard and the non-gathering professions people are forced to take for their perks, it makes Chinese money farmers rich, literally.

Deleted
    Enchanting - Money Making? = no

Deleted
    I would look at a Few Different ways of making gold

- Abyssal Shatter
    - Heirloom Enchants

Possibly using a Addon Like TSM ( Trade Skill Master ) so u can queue up all enchants that make 50g profit

Zoxy

Disenchanting quest rewards was verry profitable during lvling the first week or so. I made tons of golds just by doing that.

The only thing that irks me about the DE'ing in dungeons is that it seems like everyone else wins the mats... I wonder how bad a gm would laugh at me if I submitted a ticket for new dice. My rolls are horrible.
    There ARE females that play this game.. I am one of them. Guys say, "chicks don't play wow." Then they hear us in ventrilo and it's "ZOMG GIIIIIIRL!!!" *leg hump*. "It's a voice changer." Buddy, if you can't tell the difference between a female, and a voice changer, get the hell out of the command center.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    You can't make gold with enchants fullstop.
    Got it since early TBC and never felt money making profession, most of the times the even a 10g fee seems too high and i'm getting "ok thnx", "lol", "nvm found someone else" responses.

Disenchanting can be profitable only while leveling when you have a lot of greens to DE and only if you sell the mats but his doesnt make any sense because you will need them for leveling enchanting.

If you look for a money making proff just look elsewhere, Insc,Alch/Herb seems to be the big moneymakers iatm
    It's a bit slow right now but still ok. During WOTLK there were times when you could make several thousand a day from buying mats and enchanting and selling scrolls (and above all Boub even provided a detailed description and spreadsheet to help you do it).

To say you can't make gold from enchanting full stop is a slight exaggeration.