Shadow Word: Death below 25% hp mechanic

Has anyone encountered this? Because I posted a ticket in game and the GM said that they did not know about this and that they will be investigating.

I have noticed that if a target is close to 25% hp and you use a damaging ability (let's say Mind Spike) that get's him below 25% hp, SW correct behavior (increased damage and cooldown reset by glyph) will only trigger if you wait for the damage to happen and then you cast SW. If as soon you start casting Mind Spike, you start pressing on SW (to avoid lag) when SW will be casted, the damage will be low and the cooldown will not reset.
    Also I think I have noticed the same effect if you cast Mind Blast as soon as the third Mind Spike has started casting, it seems to me that not always the critical chance is corectly computed.

I have noticed this as well. I personally wait a bit before casting SW: D

On another topic, the GM's I spoke told me that Shadowy Apparitions are getting fixed. At the moment the combat log says the following:

Shadowy Apparition's Shadowy Apparition hits the %t for X

This is why we are lower on other people's recounts, and WOL etc

No estimated time on fix though.

I haven't really thought about this, and not sure if it are, but if mind spike has a travel time after being casted, then you can't just spam SW;D before you actually see it deal damage seing as it wouldn't bring the mob under 25% as soon as you casted
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

It's the same as the Mind Spike issue I posted earlier, where when you cast the third Msp, and you started spamming the MB button while it's casting, you'd still get a 60% crit chance rather than a 90% crit chance on the MB. You have to wait half a second for the debuff to register first.

Im guessing it's the same issue here.

This happens to me all the time. I have to consciously delay a bit for the correct behaviour to happen. Very annoying.

ITT: Latency

This is just latency between the server and your computer methinks.
    It happens on everything, Heal refreshing renew in Chakra state, Mind Flay refreshing SW: P etc...

I run with ~30ms and it still happens

Should it really matter latency? Isn't it like every action has a timestamp (when occured) and shouldn't the server compute this? And lag should only affect my actions versus other players or boses not between my actions.
    I think either Chrus is right and there is a travel time, though I can't remember now, either there is a problem and the client sends as timestamp the momment you pressed the button and not the momment the action occured

Same problem, adapted by waiting .5 secs or throwing an extra cast (other than swd ofc) to ensure it. I agree though, it's problem.

I didn't notice this until you mentioned it. But now, I know it will be another problem for Blizzard to fix in their long list of problems to fix.
    Seriously, the Orgrimmar Arena with the pet being stuck, that problem has existed since the release of Orgrimmar Arena... like what 2 years ago?
    They've only fixed it just now, in the recent patch.
    Can you imagine everytime a class with a pet enters that arena, their pet is practically useless unless they get lucky with spamming follow/passive OR they are forced to re-summon the pet which takes time after the platform has raised?

OT: with the problem, I think I was used to it after I adjusted the In-game MS thing to my lat which fixed it.

lv85 Protection Paladin
    lv85 Resto Shaman

From what I tested last night Mind Spike should be an instant hit, so no travel time which to explain the delay, which means that there really is a problem.