Thread: Archaeology

Archaeology

I love the addition of Archaeology. I think it is awesome that your dig sites are yours, and this is one thing you don't have to fight people for. My only issues are as follows (anyone else feel me on these?)

1. Grim Batol area- Feels like a sick joke from a Blizz developer. If I wanted to be part of a sinister facial relocation program, I would try to solo a new raid. Nothing is more frustrating than attempting to survey when there are 50 or so dudes that want to rip your face off and eat it. Even as a hunter I hate it. (Ever been on your hunter and FD and realized that one of the dudes reset right next to you? It's like mother f$)%#%@)

2. WTB Skip button- Yes, fossils are like free gold, but it's sort of annoying when most of your sites end up fossil, and you have the two rares that can be found there.

3. Uldum- I get the feeling Blizzard hates my face. I have been an alchemist since I started my hunter in 2009. I was all excited when I heard about the Sandstone Drake, died a little when I found out how you obtained it, but still felt like I had a good shot. The game has other plans for me I guess. I leveled from 1-525 mostly in Kalim. I have been in Uldum I think four times. The one day I had two in Tanaris, it sent me to Silithus, back to Tanaris, to Ungoro.. I literally went AROUND Uldum for almost three hours. FINALLY, I got a dig site in Uldum. I got 9 whole fragments. >.< A guildie of mine dropped Tailoring/Enchanting and picked up Herb/Alchemy just for this mount that was thought to be only for Alchemists (I think they changed it after). He was an Alchy for three days... 475 arch and he got the damn recipe. I wanted to choke him out.

4. Troll- Ahh the well sought after Troll BoA Sword. My guildie has done over 80 solves from Troll. He has snagged every keystone he could find in the AH, and he has been brutally rebuffed by this Rare. I have sort of half tried as my preference is Uldum. I know a few people with similar issues, then another guildie who only had 11 commons from Troll unlocked it. I am waiting for the lynch mob with torches and pitchforks.

5. Red light Green light- Survey red (walk 100 feet) survey red (walk another 100 feet) Survey red- go in the direction you just came. Now what the hell. Survey green (carefully walk a few steps) survey green (walk a few more steps) survey green opposite direction... now come on!

6. Hinterlands- Lower right hand corner- Take those walls and shove them up your butt. That spot annoys the crap out of me. THANK GOD I can fly. -.-

7. Creepy voices- When you loot a keystone, an old god (there have been debates on which one) talks to you. If you have heard it and wondered wtf it was, that's the answer. Before I didn't know, and when it said "you will dieeeeeeee" I about fell out of my chair.

Archaeology can be fun... as long as you take some humor with you.... and maybe a stress ball.
    There ARE females that play this game.. I am one of them. Guys say, "chicks don't play wow." Then they hear us in ventrilo and it's "ZOMG GIIIIIIRL!!!" *leg hump*. "It's a voice changer." Buddy, if you can't tell the difference between a female, and a voice changer, get the hell out of the command center.

5. Red light Green light- Survey red (walk 100 feet) survey red (walk another 100 feet) Survey red- go in the direction you just came. Now what the hell. Survey green (carefully walk a few steps) survey green (walk a few more steps) survey green opposite direction... now come on!

To me that is the biggest pain. I cal lit the zig zag factor. Its like someone is underground moving the dig area around and I am chasing it. I have to stop after a bit as it annoys me so.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Aknot View Post

To me that is the biggest pain. I cal lit the zig zag factor. Its like someone is underground moving the dig area around and I am chasing it. I have to stop after a bit as it annoys me so.
    The pair of awesome Archaeology addons MMO-Champ spotlighted a little while back (Archy & Archaeology Helper) come in very handy, especially Arch Helper for this issue. A visual representation of where to look really helps.

Also, if you run Gatherer2 (with G2data), it will work with Arch Helper's overlay to show where all the fragments are buried at

And it's DBM for the voices.

And as for 4, I've grinded (ground?) Arch to max on two toons now with no luck on Zinrokh. Main leveled as normal on Arch (solving everything as I went), Alt saved all 1400 troll fragments & 40 tablets until 450; neither gave me the damn sword. 100+ troll solves between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by mstieler View Post
    The pair of awesome Archaeology addons MMO-Champ spotlighted a little while back (Archy & Archaeology Helper) come in very handy, especially Arch Helper for this issue. A visual representation of where to look really helps.

Also, if you run Gatherer2 (with G2data), it will work with Arch Helper's overlay to show where all the fragments are buried at

And it's DBM for the voices.

And as for 4, I've grinded (ground?) Arch to max on two toons now with no luck on Zinrokh. Main leveled as normal on Arch (solving everything as I went), Alt saved all 1400 troll fragments & 40 tablets until 450; neither gave me the damn sword. 100+ troll solves between the two.
    From what I hear, 100 + solves between two toons for the sword is NOTHING. Generally people who get it, unless they're amazingly lucky, get it past 200 solves on a single character, and 300 is more likely. I'm at 75 solves and if I got it on my next try (which given Arch's propensity to generate EK dwarf sites for me will happen sometime next week) I'd consider myself insanely lucky.

Deleted
    sometimes it says "your friends are going to leave you" ))