Deleted

I need some advice regarding locks and 4.0.6

I've always PvP'd as Destro, I think it's the most fun spec to play (or was) as a Lock, I see affliction a bit boring spamming dots here and there, and Demon is fun but not very viable. Being 4.0.6 here, Destro is pretty broken in PvP regards. And I wouldn't enjoy switching to affliction..so my questions are:

- Must I give affliction a try or should I level my rogue (63) and PvP with it?
    - Is affliction as boring as I think?
    - Would Demon work with a frost mage for 2s?

I would like to level my rogue but they may make changes for when I reach 85, and maybe by that time Destro is viable again (and I wouldn't like to start the new season of arenas with blue items so..). When do you think they are gonna release the next patch? Yes, I know that they just released this one, but my favorite spec is broken and pisses me off, I've never played cataclysm and I had planned to start playing in 4.0.6 but yeah... (oh and I know all this because I read forums and stuff from the internet). Also, is rogue good atm? Mut/Sub for PvP? with a frost mage mostly. Oh and when do you think they're going to start the new arena season? March/April/May? Thanks, and please don't hate too much, I've made my conclussions from things I've read from the internet (including this forum).

TL;DR: Destro PvP is broken and I don't like affliction, should I level my rogue or try affliction? 2s mate would be a Mage.
    Last edited by mmocca73de2419; 2011-02-08 at 08:35 PM.

Affliction isn't that boring, it's just a different playstyle. Don't expect to blow people up, but it can be really fun drain tanking ~5-6 people in BGs with just you and a healer (or ~2-3 people by yourself).

Demon would probably be the better spec for an all-dps team. More cooldowns to blow and more burst/control. Affliction is more about survivability and longevity.

Personally, I'm just leveling my rogue though (74 atm). But that's mostly just for personal reasons, not because Warlocks are bad.

Deleted
    All warlock specs are fun if you just try them.
    I was in your position at the start of cata sue to playing as a destro for most of wotlk.
    As of now, destruction is the worst spec in all arena brackets, and will continue to be after the patch (especially since fel armor gets nerfed).
    If i was you i would try out affliction and also play a bit more demonology to get used to it as frost mages + demon/affli locks are probably the easiest 2v2 double dps comps there is.

Deleted
    I'll probably go Affli as main spec and Demon as second. Then I'll see which fits better my playstyle.. thanks for the advice

10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction PvP is broken? I don't think so.

Click signature for main character's armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonZapdos View Post
    Destruction PvP is broken? I don't think so.
    patch 4.0.3? kkthxbye.

not, srsly, 4.0.6 changed several things which are basicly a nerf to destro (or a buff to other classes that has bad consequences as destro)