Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I'm finding destro much nicer to play now ISF is redesigned - no more perfect timing so much more forgiving.

My DPS is doing just fine, thanks.

Gobbo assassin rogue, iL 349.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Try Heroic Atramedes with ISF and then without. It goes from "<CENSORED> this <CENSORED> <CENSORED>" to being able to actually pay attention to what other people are doing and reacting accordingly.

However on simple fights I get bored quite easily too. It's very similar to the old Siphon Life dot removal - its easy for some people now, but you'll regret it later.

And there are those who just thrive on the difficulty, to whom I say bah. BAH I SAY.
    For me personally it's not that keeping up Imp SF is hard.. it's just annoying.. it feels so "bulky" (cant think of another word) to cast that big 2.5 second cast spell while everything else you shoot is GCD capping due to backdraft.

As for affliction: yes please give us more dots.. we got just as much dots as destruction has now. Also the dots should make a bigger part of our dps.. i believe boomkins and Spriest do more dot dmg than we do -_-'

Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    As for affliction: yes please give us more dots.. we got just as much dots as destruction has now. Also the dots should make a bigger part of our dps.. i believe boomkins and Spriest do more dot dmg than we do -_-'
    No just give us 15% haste back, or increase the uptime of eradication. Affliction was pretty strong before the patch to be fair.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not the total dps i don't like, just a part of the play style. Casting just as much dots as destruction does feels weird.. i don't want more haste..i want bigger dots!.. and moar dots!

My affliction dps is down the shitter. just below 20k has dropped to 17k on Chogall (the only fight I bothered with affliction for last night. As a spec, without ISF it feels overly simplified and incredibly sluggish.

Destro seems similar to prepatch, or maybe sligtly better. I switched my gear around to get over the 2438 (goblin) haste threshold, missing out on the hit cap by 1.6%, and it worked pretty well. Only had one noticeable bit of bad hit RNG in 11 boss kills. Atramedes and Magmaw were the only fights I would go destro for prepatch, and my dps on those was up 1-2k.

I'm in 354 gear, only had 2 drops in 2 months of raiding (not even had anything else to roll for). We disenchanted about 70% of the drops we had last night dispite plenty of blues in the raid... but thats another rant entirely.

Deleted
    Im currently Destruction - Wich seems to be the highest dps specc atm. Im pullin' out 18.5k dps on dummy (selfbuffed) nothing else. For steady 10 minutes. And in raid I pull out around 23-25k depending on boss.

I got full 359 ilvl and 2 parts 372- [ armory aint working atm so - if u need to check gear ] ->Frankiiee Gobblin warlock Bloodfeather EU (horde)

Quote Originally Posted by ynkesfan2003 View Post
    Affliction could use another dot now, it's gotten retardedly simple

On a sad note, I switched to destro for the first time in 3 years this week. I'm pulling ~12k on a target dummy which is about 1k more than I could do as affliction. ilvl 346

edit: affliction before the patch, destro after.
    I dont think we need another dot, we need one or 2 more proc mechanics, NF is cool but happens on same filler so isnt relly interesting.

The 4set bonus would be a nice aff proc with a higher proc chance instead of a set bonus, other sugestion would be a proc that would made shadowflame slightly more powerful and range based.

Example: Your Corruption, UA and BOA have a 2% each of procing Fel spark. Your Shadowbolt/Drainlife crits have a 20% chance of empowering shadowflame by 50% and travel to your current target. Or something related to pets like Pet critical strikes would empower Haunt by 100% more damage, Aff has 0 pet sinergy since the removal of Dark pact.

Also aff needs a slightly mastery boost to become in line with other specs else there gona be scalling issues later on.
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2011-02-12 at 06:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    imo affliction DOES need another dot, i loved affliction the way it was in 3.0 (patch before wotlk). keeping up siphon life, immolate, corruption, UA, agony haunt. That's what the spec is about.. DOTS! moar and moar dots!

As for the pet synergy, felpups bite does more damage to targets with dots on it.. but seeing how the soulburn does effect our filler spell, there is no glyph for the pet.. and the overall dmg is simply lower than the others we end up using a imp or succubus.. who both effect destruction spells

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I dont think we need another dot, we need one or 2 more proc mechanics, NF is cool but happens on same filler so isnt relly interesting.

The 4set bonus would be a nice aff proc with a higher proc chance instead of a set bonus, other sugestion would be a proc that would made shadowflame slightly more powerful and range based.

Example: Your Corruption, UA and BOA have a 2% each of procing Fel spark. Your Shadowbolt/Drainlife crits have a 20% chance of empowering shadowflame by 50% and travel to your current target. Or something related to pets like Pet critical strikes would empower Haunt by 100% more damage, Aff has 0 pet sinergy since the removal of Dark pact.

Also aff needs a slightly mastery boost to become in line with other specs else there gona be scalling issues later on.
    SF has it's niche now and is good at it. no need to break another warlock spell in an attempt to bandaid a spec.

plus you basically supported me by making SF into another affliction dot, which i find amusing and creative, but unrealistic.

maybe adding a dot component to SB? something like burning embers but with corruption. the problem is that SB already has too much riding on it between SE, S+F, and nightfall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario