Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Fel armors healing is completely useless

I've been using fel armor since patch today and it heals so freaking little its completely useless its is less than a healing stream totem thats how terrible it is.

Deleted
    Coming from the mouth of a healer, any healing is good healing

Because the healing it done before was ZOMGAwsum right?

It's now in-line with Vampiric Embrace, what's the problem?

Deleted
    It now heals for exactly the same amount as Vampiric Embrace.

VE was great in BC (25%), got a rather large nerf in WotLK (15%, 3% aoe heal) and now is almost useless in Cata (6%, 3% aoe)

You may say any healing is good healing, but that will never save your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    healing pre-nerf was about like 5k every 5 secs which is way better than like what seems like 20 hps

---------- Post added 2011-02-09 at 12:45 AM ----------

Idk but I just don't like it at all I used to be able to just sit with my fel armor on + sl and just sit there and be completely fine now I get like no heals hstone and deathcoil are pretty much 1 time use

Quote Originally Posted by lightgil View Post
    healing pre-nerf was about like 5k every 5 secs which is way better than like what seems like 20 hps
    need heals?
    use drain life lol

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    It's not

only demo will have it at 6% as VE
    your pet damage doesnt count towards that healing, so 20% healing nerf right there as demo compared to spriest

Its suckiness is why I am going to try out demon armor, for the +30% heals from effects when talented, which means +30% more SL, next time I run BGs or TB.

Will probably still stick with Fel Armor for arenas for the boom boom.

WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT VAMPIRIC EMBRACE????. SPRIEST /=/ WARLOCK christ... absorbs + actual heals vs pet and soul harvest. must be the same class amirite?

I went to playing my affliction spec because demo loses too much hp going from one mob to the next. to the point that I feel the need to soul harvest between every 1-2 mobs. and thats with 360 avg ilvl.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2011-02-09 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    To get the same healing of 5k every 5 seconds, which equates to 1k HPS, you have to do 1k * 100 = 100k DPS :/
    To get 5k HP5 you'd need to have 250k health. Health pool is prolly closer to 100k health, with regen in Cata being around 2k HP5, or 400 HPS. At 3%, you'd have to be doing 13.3k single target DPS to get that. At 6%, you need only 6,666 single target DPS.

Pre-Cata, the 2% HP5 would have been based around a health pool of what, 20-30k health? So more like 600 HP5, or 120 HPS. To get that, you need like 4k DPS (at 3%).

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    Cause we can just flash heal ourselves and be full HP again.
    Last edited by warlockSTAR; 2011-02-09 at 02:14 AM.

Demonology is going to be nerfed to the ground...fact is, i've never felt so overpowered, so i will probably be extremely disappointed, again, and be forced to play another spec, again.

..I'll try an alt,probably, and see if it does catch me playin WoW, i'm not getting involved in cata end-game, it's everything too time consuming, and if i cant even enjoy my class and spec, perhaps it's time for a break...meh..

It's great for some things, soloing certain fights and AoE as demo on variant fights.

Even with the immo aura nerf you can now probably stand in black shit on Maloriak hc and outheal the damage you take by just aoeing hard.

Not to say you should do that, but it's there.

Besides, to what levels do you want it buffed? Until healers are no longer needed?

Quote Originally Posted by KassieDS View Post
    It's great for some things, soloing certain fights and AoE as demo on variant fights.

Even with the immo aura nerf you can now probably stand in black shit on Maloriak hc and outheal the damage you take by just aoeing hard.
    AoE != Single Target

Quote Originally Posted by Wowpedia
    as well as healing the caster for 3% of any single-target spell damage dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by Onorvele View Post
    AoE != Single Target
    Ahh sorry, had it down for all damage you dealt. Single target damage would surely include dots on multiple targets though, such as immolate/corruption, no? In which case multi dotting and aoeing will provide a good chunk of healing.

Deleted
    Ahh sorry, had it down for all damage you dealt. Single target damage would surely include dots on multiple targets though, such as immolate/corruption, no? In which case multi dotting and aoeing will provide a good chunk of healing.
    Mhm, and burn a good chunk of mana that we'll have to life tap.

The big question is:

Does a given warlock spell deal enough damage that 3% of that multiplied by 1.2 equal or exceed its mana cost?

If it does, Fel Armor results in overall healing. If not, warlocks trend toward death.

Why on earth were you relying on Fel Armor for self-healing? It's called Drain Life. It's been around since patch 1.0 aka Launch. Use it

Or Spec Affliction and never worry about health again.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!